Skenderberg

Why Are People Trying To Push You Off Track On Your Life Purpose?

17 posts in this topic

Been on my path for 2-3 years now and last year was heavy.

People that have noticed my weight loss are commenting and saying I need to get fat again because apparently it fit me to be chubby...

Others say I'm a dreamer and I need to start earlier in order to achieve my goal. I'm 23 now

Now that I'm generating some cash from my own business they also say that can you generate tomorrow? and next day? "don't fantasize"

One person said that I need to get a real job.

Some say that those personal development books are not true. 

Someone else that have noticed some weird stuff along the way?

Edited by Skenderberg

Hearing "you are starving" after I went down from 216 (98 kg) to 160 lbs (72 kg).

Hearing "you are vegan, you starve, you have bad nutrition" even after receiving my blood test results which turned out to be best in lifetime.

Hearing "long hair totally don't fit you/you will get bald because you have long hair" just because I like to have them long (on the side note, since several days I plan to actually change hairstyle, because I am bored with present ;p).

Hearing "you shouldn't make games/your games are awful, find better hobby" from people who waste time watching TV, playing games and not receiving a cent.

The list is longer...

Edited by appleaurorae

My mom thaught that I was psychotic, that I had some sort of "disoriented worldview".

Friends have critisized me and tried to make me more lazy and dumb, friends have started avoiding me or compleatly stopped calling me.

I have become more "weired" than I always have been.

My granma reccently told me that I don't get enough nutrition because I didn't eat butter, meat and bread.

I have had a lot of critics trying to pull me down during the last year, the list is really long, can't even count the numbers but it's okay it can be hard to be alone and not be mainstream at some times, but it's worth it in the long run. I'm struggling with this too and the only way I have found making things better is being honest about how you feel. If you feel hurt by colse people acting the way they do, tell them what you feel.

"It is no measure of health in being well adjusted to a profoundly sick society." -J Kirishnamurti

“You will face your greatest opposition when you are closest to your biggest miracle.” 
― Shannon L. Alder

Edited by Sri McDonald Trump Maharaj

Hallå

Simply get rid of those bad influences as fast as you can. I can't understand why you're listening to those people or keeping them arround. If it's your family, break ties as soon as you become independant.

At the end it doesn't matter what people will say , does it? Being normal is overrated , when I first told my friends that I was meditating every day , they gave me a blank look and they assume that I am a very religious guy ( wich is not the case ) , see !! people lack the information but at the end the hero always accepts the call . Will you?

I was told over the internet once that my pursuit for my dreams and my search for happiness was misguided and stupid.

This was from a guy who claimed that the news can give you an accurate view of reality and that he was 40 years old so of course he knows what he's talking about. Who gives a shit about how old you are, my dad is over 50 and he's one of the most worthless and most ignorant people I know.

Most people in modern society shouldn't be taken seriously, especially those that don't know anything about true personal development and spirituality.

There will always be resistance. Don't be surprised it is always present when you change. If the resistance is not felt inside of you then some external resistance will be there. 

Don't be surprised if there is resistance rather expect it as a byproduct of change.

If no resistance is felt then you might not be changing enough. 

Edited by The Village Idiot
Not very insightful content. Not helpful.

"Crabs in a bucket" as Leo would say. 

crabs1.jpgcrabs2.jpg

Edited by FindingPeace

“If you correct your mind, the rest of your life will fall into place.”  - Lao Tzu

Because subconsciously, at the core of their being they know you're doing work that they aren't/can't. Misery enjoys company.

This is a very common phenomenon which Leo has covered. If you have a social circle where no one is really following their passion and making true progress, and then all of a sudden one person in the social circle steps up and better herself, what does that say about them? It says that they can do exactly the same thing in the area they are surpassing their efforts, in order to stay comfortable. So, unless all your friends choose to be inspired by you, they just become extremely uncomfortable, which translates into them trying to hold you back.

So, do not take this personal. Just view it as a law of nature. You do not take it personal when gravity makes sure that things fall to the ground, causing them to break. You just make a note to yourself that you need to keep in mind that if a fragile item falls over the edge, gravity will pull it to the ground and make it break. When you step up in your social circle, they will intuitively try to hold you back.

Fuck them! srsyl

...if they can´t see the positive or even get inspired by you or at least give you support ..then just ...fuck those toxic mofos!

nuff said

They are toxic better cut them out off your life if they continue being negative down the road. Healthy Optimism and positive attitudes is key to your life on getting things done over such neurotic negative attitudes.

On 5/7/2016 at 11:28 PM, Skenderberg said:

People that have noticed my weight loss are commenting and saying I need to get fat again because apparently it fit me to be chubby...

Others say I'm a dreamer and I need to start earlier in order to achieve my goal. I'm 23 now

Now that I'm generating some cash from my own business they also say that can you generate tomorrow? and next day? "don't fantasize"

Yo here is the concept,  you are disrupting their hemeostasis now they have to register you as a different person which make them painful because all human doesn't like change. But I suggest you to go hard on your change but be careful some people can take it to the extreme like red colored people in psych evolution so keep youreye I  them. 

I noticed that society in general is terrified of emotionally strong people. So terrified that they made laws and religions in such a way to make you feel powerless and hold you down.

I find this both frustrating and fascinating.

Edited by SaynotoKlaus

On 5/7/2016 at 4:28 PM, Skenderberg said:

and just why are you listening to these people, rather than getting on with what is working for you?