Consilience

Quitting Coffee for 2 Months - No Clear Benefit has Been Observed

29 posts in this topic

@TrynaBeTurquoise Yes of course, Alcohol and Current Tobacco/ Cigarettes today(which are full of sprayed chemicals) are much worse than regular coffee but commercial/starbucks/mainstream coffee is just as much chemicals and GMOs.

I put processed sugar, coffee, alcohol, tobacco under the same category. You can always get (certified organic) naturally grown with the use of pesticides or chemicals but even then, they are too strong to be consumed like most people do today.

Besides sugar, which can be replaced with many natural, tastier and healthier alternatives like honey, maple-syrup, coconut sugar and other natural, non-processed sweeteners, the rest when consumed and sourced naturally where the product has not been manipulated by the hand of man, can be very medicinal for the body in small amounts when needed.

Other than that, there are far more efficient substances in which do not cause long term negative side effects or at least nowhere near as severe.

B R E A T H E

@pluto is it possible my natural reserves of energy are just lower than most?

Perhaps 2 months wasnt long enough to heal from years of persistent use... Im not sure. I never abused caffeine, but I definitely have gone through periods where I would drink 150-200mg per day. 

It’s frustrating because the past two months haven’t really done much other than make me feel more lethergy in the morning even when using methods like water consumption, whim hoff breathing, etc.

For the record, I exercise regularly and pretty vigorously compared to most. My resting heart rate is ridiculously low compared to most and moreover, when doing cardio, it takes massive exertion for me to get my heart rate elevated because of how in shape it is (I guess). I don’t think exercise is the problem. It’s like this mind dullness that promotes monkey mind. Grr

OP;

Start an energetic practice, like Tai Chi.

Words cant describe how effective it has been to me. Start with 1 exercise in the morning and google it up my friend. 

https://aapo.blog/

my personal website-actualized since 2015-just waiting for the day-we have the first guys on the forum

born on 2015 :P

It isnt so much what I gain from quitting coffee, its the bad stuff I lose like anxiety, jitters, overthinking, energy-levels going up and down, stomach cramps and having to shit my guts out every single morning. 

Dont look at me! Look inside!

13 minutes ago, Rilles said:

It isnt so much what I gain from quitting coffee, its the bad stuff I lose like anxiety, jitters, overthinking, energy-levels going up and down, stomach cramps and having to shit my guts out every single morning. 

???

I hear ya on this but you kind of just explained what you gain from not having coffee :P 

@Consilience perhaps you can look into emotional blockages, maybe try some breath work and meditation. Where’s the concern in your thoughts coming from? It’s much deeper than surface level problems and stresses  

1 hour ago, DrewNows said:

???

I hear ya on this but you kind of just explained what you gain from not having coffee :P 

@Consilience perhaps you can look into emotional blockages, maybe try some breath work and meditation. Where’s the concern in your thoughts coming from? It’s much deeper than surface level problems and stresses  

The concern is coming from a paradigm that coffee is bad because x, y, and z. I have a belief that caffeine and the stimulation of the nervous system is not optimal for self actualization work, or enlightenment. Even though I understand at a surface level that nothing is wrong, somewhere along the way I felt the need to quit, expecting to get benefits. But from what I've observed, these benefits never came. 

37 minutes ago, Consilience said:

The concern is coming from a paradigm that coffee is bad because x, y, and z. I have a belief that caffeine and the stimulation of the nervous system is not optimal for self actualization work, or enlightenment. Even though I understand at a surface level that nothing is wrong, somewhere along the way I felt the need to quit, expecting to get benefits. But from what I've observed, these benefits never came. 

You don't crash if that's anything to mention. Caffeine blocks a certain chemical from binding that makes you sleepy but it never actually goes away so you always end up more tired after caffeine. 

Caffeine is a stimulant. A stimulant, drug that has it's benefits. Yet still a stimulant. It is easy to fall in love with the effects of caffeine, such an easy way to stimulate the system and get an energy boost that you can use for work or socializing etc. 

Let me ask you this. Have you seen the energy levels of a top performing athlete? 

And have you seen the energy levels of the typical work life caffeine addict? 

Which one do you think looks healthier? 

The point I am hinting at, is that this does not allow the bodys natural ability to produce energy to function properly. Have you considered this? 

You feel energized for a short period, and what then? Are you gonna drink more? Or are you gonna accept that you are now on an energy down swing because the stimulants effect now has depleted your energy? 

Do you want to have this boost available, then go ahead and drink it. At least being aware of this allows you to make a conscious choice as whether or not you want to pay the price for drinking the caffeine. This sound s very serious now, but reality is there is a price to be payed. And this can clearly be seen in many peoples lives. 

I hear mentions of many great substitutes for getting that energy boost, such as fruits, cold showers, exercizing, lemon water, all great!

Here is my question. When is the last time you hiked up a mountain? Let me tell you this. Athletes are in shape and have endless energy, not because of caffeine. They have endless energy because spend energy. The more energy you spend, the more you will have. Our system is full of energy, you will see that if you start to exercise, or go into nature. The body might get a kick from the caffeine, but this energy is not generated the way our system is supposed to generate energy. 

Try going into nature, no caffeine, have your fruits and water or whatever. Breathe, meditate in the sun. You will feel the natural energy cycles that your body experiences throughout the day.