Beginner Mind

Is Love the Key?

68 posts in this topic

Just now, Beginner Mind said:

@Nahm Thank you for your thoughtful post.  I am a bit skeptical of the law of attraction but I can definitely see the benefit of writing down what I want.

Godspeed man. Discard believing or not believing in “the law of attraction”, it’s more to be taught upon Understanding, than to be believed. Just choose a better thought, that feels good, at any given time. Just suffer through that feeling better and better. It’s worth it. 

MEDITATIONS TOOLS  ActualityOfBeing.com  GUIDANCE SESSIONS

NONDUALITY LOA  My Youtube Channel  THE TRUE NATURE

1 hour ago, Commodent said:

Love is important, but don't use love as an excuse for supressing hurt feelings. There is obviously a reason for why you shut down your heart, and those feelings need to be acknowledged (whether it be blame, anger, grief, whatever). It took me over 2 years to work through these emotions towards my parents and open my heart to them, and I wasn't even severely abused. Had I used excuses such as "they were treated that way themselves", "I should forgive" and "it wasn't that bad" to shut down those feelings of anger and blame this process probably never would have happened.

In my view, the liberation to be whatever is the key. Had I been stuck in that prison of how I ought to be and feel, I never would have been able to love fully.

When I was 18 I called my dad (who lives in California) and told him how much his absence in my life had impacted me.  He basically said that he'd like to be a mentor to me if he can, but that a traditional father-son relationship wasn't going to happen. 

In my 20's as I started to get into certain spiritual teachings, it started to dawn on me that my dad was simply acting out his genes and conditioning.  We don't really have a choice over who we are and what we do.  Our genetics and our conditioning determine everything about us.  This realization allowed me to forgive my dad.

Nowadays I mostly ignore his phone calls, not out of bitterness, but rather because I feel like I don't even know who he is.  Now, though, with my newfound willingness to cultivate love and express love, I'm feeling a little more willing to receive his next phone call. 

12 minutes ago, Mikael89 said:

Yep, but no one here except I will agree with you about that.

What you say can also be rephrased to: we are all victims.

I wouldn't say we are victims.  Our conditioning is always changing, so you may be exposed to an inspirational teaching that will become part of your new conditioning, which may fundamentally change your personality and behavior for the better.

@Beginner Mind I was into spiritual work before I started processings my feelings. So it was a rather paradoxical thing to understand why they are the way they are, and yet work through such intense feelings of blame and anger towards them. I'm glad you have been able to open your heart. Similarly as blame and anger can be resisted, so can love.

20 minutes ago, Mikael89 said:

What you say can also be rephrased to: we are all victims.

The potential of victimhood is there whenever there's an uneven power dynamic. A child for example is inherently dependent on their parent's approval for surival, and is thus consciously or subconsciously forced to mold into being whatever their parents wants them to be. This runs very, very deep. So much so, that when one recovers from this kind of trauma one might become a completely different person.

One must accept the influence others have on us, but at the same time not fall into the delusion of disempowerment. Victimhood is much more violent than simply being influenced by others. Victimhood is characterized by a lack of power, but as adults we all, at least most of us, have the power to change ourselves and our lives.

I am myself, heaven and hell.

7 hours ago, Nahm said:

I was a materialist / atheist. I took love seriously. That was the set up. 

12 hours ago, Mikael89 said:

So you are all just a bunch of hippies. Disappointing.

What a set up. Cosmic one. 

Wait until he realizes, setting himself up perfectly. ?

I was the same how wouldn't I be because I am you. Imagine that shock for him. ?

SELF/LOVE discovery helluva thing. ?

Edited by zeroISinfinity

@Mikael89 End of all distinctions=Truth realized

Actual not philosophical. So

Meditation is the way. 

Edited by zeroISinfinity

On 8/10/2019 at 3:22 PM, Mikael89 said:

No, Ultimate Reality has nothing to do with Love. And enlightenment doesn't have anything to do with Love.

This will probably be my only post here.

I love you, very soon you will love me too <3

B R E A T H E

1 minute ago, pluto said:

I love you, very soon you will love me too <3

With him, don't hold your breath ;)

You are God. You are Truth. You are Love. You are Infinity.

Love is Truth

Truth is Light

Light is Love

B R E A T H E

17 hours ago, Hsinav said:

Love = Evolution 

Evol ution

Evol - Backwards = Love

Love is indeed your Evolution!
:D

B R E A T H E

@Hsinav  @pluto

Evolution is literally just the process of moving away from Source.

But, there's nothing but Source, so there's no moving away from It, only expansion.

Expansion is inclusion of more forms and possibilities, which is pure Love.

Therefore, evolution is pure Love.

The key is  P U R I T Y . Not love. Because love can be polluted. 

11 hours ago, Truth Addict said:

@Hsinav  @pluto

Evolution is literally just the process of moving away from Source.

But, there's nothing but Source, so there's no moving away from It, only expansion.

Expansion is inclusion of more forms and possibilities, which is pure Love.

Therefore, evolution is pure Love.

8 hours ago, Angelite said:

The key is  P U R I T Y . Not love. Because love can be polluted. 

This Love is eternal and not object for pollution, pollution is happening within this Love

13 hours ago, pluto said:

Evol ution

Evol - Backwards = Love

Love is indeed your Evolution!

Lol <3

@Hsinav add 'pure' in front of every words. 

Pure love

Pure truth

Pure light

Pure white

Pollution that is happening within this love is not pure. For that which is pure is not polluted. 

Purify it..

Edited by Angelite

8 hours ago, Angelite said:

@Hsinav add 'pure' in front of every words. 

Pure love

Pure truth

Pure light

Pure white

Pollution that is happening within this love is not pure. For that which is pure is not polluted. 

Purify it..

Yes, were using absolute and relative terminology, searching for absolute purity in the relative thought is not possible.:)

Ultimately, the purest Love = The Absolute, contains all the purity and pollutions and everything between.

What humans call pollution can be regarded as the purest of things for som other creature or organism. (even though in most cases it is probably not)