winterknight

Video of 2-hour in-person workshop on self-inquiry

39 posts in this topic

small tip : audio would be much better if you used clip on mic on your shirt 

1 hour ago, wavydude said:

small tip : audio would be much better if you used clip on mic on your shirt 

Thanks :)  I actually used an external mic but made a dumb mistake with it accidentally so had to revert to regular audio

Website/book/one-on-one spiritual guidance: Sifting to the Truth: A New Map to the Self

10 minutes ago, Cocolove said:

You better not forget about us when you're famous!

I can make flower arrangements for your talks, @winterknight. I can do it better than Rupert's person ;) I'm really good at design/decor kind of stuff :D

1 hour ago, Cocolove said:

You better not forget about us when you're famous!

Forget who? :D Just kidding... You're going to be part of my origin story. How could I forget you all? :D

54 minutes ago, Natasha said:

I can make flower arrangements for your talks, @winterknight. I can do it better than Rupert's person ;) I'm really good at design/decor kind of stuff :D

Really? Well I will keep that in mind... ! B|

Website/book/one-on-one spiritual guidance: Sifting to the Truth: A New Map to the Self

You're going to be part of my origin story. How could I forget you all?

Is that going to be called Rise of the Winerknight or simply Winterknight: Origins? 

Also, does it involve a super-villain called Monkey-Mind? :') 

3 hours ago, winterknight said:

Forget who? :D Just kidding... You're going to be part of my origin story. How could I forget you all? :D

Mind?!?! What mind?!?!

9 hours ago, FoxFoxFox said:

Is that going to be called Rise of the Winerknight or simply Winterknight: Origins? 

Also, does it involve a super-villain called Monkey-Mind? :') 

Yes! And in the end it turns out that it was all just a comic book.

8 hours ago, kieranperez said:

Mind?!?! What mind?!?!

Who wants to know? :D

12 hours ago, winterknight said:

:)

I think understand the point of the inquiry but I have a Problem with Step one. I am not actually so sure that I am even. I don't know if I am. I learned a whole bunch of concepts. But I don't take my thoughts so serious anymore. It doesn't really make sense to me to tell me, ok, I know that I am, now let's see where it's coming from, because that already feels so artificial. So I cannot really go through the process. But when I try to do it anyway, my mind just goes silent and I have no clue what to do or what to aim for. It's like I know nothing and that seems to be not so bad after all. But then also I am not there yet because if I were should know it, right? So what to aim?

Edited by ryuzaki

36 minutes ago, ryuzaki said:

I think understand the point of the inquiry but I have a Problem with Step one. I am not actually so sure that I am even. I don't know if I am. I learned a whole bunch of concepts. But I don't take my thoughts so serious anymore. It doesn't really make sense to me to tell me, ok, I know that I am, now let's see where it's coming from, because that already feels so artificial. So I cannot really go through the process. But when I try to do it anyway, my mind just goes silent and I have no clue what to do or what to aim for. It's like I know nothing and that seems to be not so bad after all. But then also I am not there yet because if I were should know it, right? So what to aim?

If you don’t want to do inquiry, take the path of surrender. Give up all voluntary, deliberate mental action except the intention to surrender. 

1 hour ago, winterknight said:

If you don’t want to do inquiry, take the path of surrender. Give up all voluntary, deliberate mental action except the intention to surrender.

I see. I feel that is what I've been doing for a long time now. I can always deepen it. Thank you.

15 minutes ago, ryuzaki said:

I see. I feel that is what I've been doing for a long time now. I can always deepen it. Thank you.

As you’re doing that, you may want to have in the back of your mind this question: just who is it that is deepening it?

5 minutes ago, winterknight said:

As you’re doing that, you may want to have in the back of your mind this question: just who is it that is deepening it?

Ahaa that is interesting. If I do this, Now I get a stronger sense of I. Because this deepening process is something that accompanies me for a long time and there is a feeling of constance/continuity. And because it's important to me it feels personal and not as something that's just in the surface. This inner feeling I still cannot possibly pinpoint though.

31 minutes ago, ryuzaki said:

Ahaa that is interesting. If I do this, Now I get a stronger sense of I. Because this deepening process is something that accompanies me for a long time and there is a feeling of constance/continuity. And because it's important to me it feels personal and not as something that's just in the surface. This inner feeling I still cannot possibly pinpoint though.

Remember to be aware that you don’t know. Often what I find very usesful in contemplation/inquiry is recognizing the honest truth that I REALLY don’t know. This, as if, allows me to be more conscious of the fact of my own ignorance and starting seeing my own mental constructions that “taint” my experience. So REALLY be honest with yourself and get to the truth that you don’t know. This creates more curiosity which helps silence. We tend to think, especially people on this forum, including me, we already know what enlightenment is and we already have some image or idea or belief of what it means, what it does, etc. We have all these preconceptions that mask the fact of our ignorance. 

35 minutes ago, kieranperez said:

Remember to be aware that you don’t know. Often what I find very usesful in contemplation/inquiry is recognizing the honest truth that I REALLY don’t know. This, as if, allows me to be more conscious of the fact of my own ignorance and starting seeing my own mental constructions that “taint” my experience. So REALLY be honest with yourself and get to the truth that you don’t know. This creates more curiosity which helps silence. We tend to think, especially people on this forum, including me, we already know what enlightenment is and we already have some image or idea or belief of what it means, what it does, etc. We have all these preconceptions that mask the fact of our ignorance. 

Good point

On 8/9/2019 at 0:26 PM, winterknight said:

I'm not sure I'd like to be like them exactly, but I'd definitely like to get my message across to many more people searching for truth.

Godspeed. Very inspirational. ??

MEDITATIONS TOOLS  ActualityOfBeing.com  GUIDANCE SESSIONS

NONDUALITY LOA  My Youtube Channel  THE TRUE NATURE