inFlow

Killed the sex drive.

24 posts in this topic

My awakening process has been going quite well now, god consciousness is present at most times. Now I noticed that the body doesn't crave sex anymore. It's as if I killed it somehow, detached from it, or the consciousness grew so much that I can control my body cravings for sex. And it started to bother me a bit, cause my spouse is still in the ego-self craving for sex and acceptance and to me it's as if I don't need anything to be happy, I get something - it's OK, if I don't get anything - it's also OK. I can choose to have sex, but the craving is just gone. I don't find it bad or something, but it's as if my consciousness has over-powered the body.

My question would be to all the other beings who have gone through this.

Do you get used to it?

I do wanna let go of sex for some YET unknown reasons, it feels like sex is low consciousness business.

Mahadev

Maybe try more conscious sex. Combine sex and spirituality to go deeper with your spouse.

You are God. You are Truth. You are Love. You are Infinity.

6 minutes ago, Leo Gura said:

Maybe try more conscious sex. Combine sex and spirituality to go deeper with your spouse.

Non-dual sex is awesome though. But the thing is that bothers is that I don't want sex. I just choose not to have it for some reasons. If I can I always ignore it.

Mahadev

@inFlow That happens if you follow certain traditions. Progression towards enlightenment, and including enlightenment, has a different flavor depending on the tradition. Ken Wilbur wrote about this.

Some traditions reject the physical realm, which leads to a dull experience. Other traditions, such as Tantra, Cha'an, Kabbalah, Occult and some sects of Buddhism embrace ALL realms as divine. They celebrate experiencing maximum love and beauty in a fully conscious way.

I used to follow the "reject the physical" philosophy but it it was incomplete IMO. That philosophy also tends to celebrate weakness and passivity, which I am not attracted to.

Edited by Matt8800

I've felt this along with hunger. I think it's awakening but then integrating those aspects. I think some stuff goes through purification and might drop down in drive for periods while it's being processed. Not entirely sure. I'd like some advice on balancing food appetite while awakening. 

3 hours ago, inFlow said:

sex is low consciousness business.

This is not necessarily so. 

It's like eating whole foods vs mcdonalds. 

Is food low consciousness business?

I also like it how you plugged "business" in there....

swashbuckler 4 life xD
TRUTHORITY.ORG

That's not true awakening, awakening is about balance. What you're doing is just being a radical, due to over-practicing intellectual spiritual techniques. I suggest working on your heart chakra and opening yourself up.

You've gone too far in the opposite direction. You have to balance consciousness with unconsciousness.

5 hours ago, inFlow said:

it feels like sex is low consciousness business.

That's a judgement that is coming from the mind. Drop it.

I suspect that you have an image in your mind of an awakened person who has no desires. You might as well not want to eat or drink. You see how backwards that is?

I also suspect that you have some fears slightly below the conscious, which makes them even harder to spot.

Edited by Truth Addict

@inFlow Been there, it's a phase. Once you go full circle, the desire for sex will come back, even stronger than ever. All those raw sensations, etc. will emerge as part/manifestations of the Absolute. Embody it.

@Truth Addict You have no idea what you’re talking about. It’s not ideas in his head, he’s describing his experience and it’s perfectly valid. @inFlow I’ve been there too. It took 6 months for me till my sex drive came back. I actually didn’t even notice for months because I was single. So there’s a good chance it will come back for you too, better than ever :-) When you’re detached you’ll actually really enjoy it for the first time. That’s what real freedom feels like.

I’d say don’t pressure yourself in that phase. Sex just doesn’t serve you right now, so don’t push yourself. Let go of it for now. Don’t let anyone tell you you’re deluding yourself. Who cares about ‘true awakening’ or whatever, it’s part of your path right now. Trust your gut, it’ll be alright. It will probably come back but even if it doesn’t, don’t you feel more open and loving than ever? Isn’t that all that matters?

But I can imagine it has to be difficult to explain to your partner. Sex is the easiest way to get back to the feeling of oneness. We’re all craving it. In orgasm, there is no separation. That is how the species is reproduced: through the experience of God. You’re with God already, that’s why you don’t need it right now. So you tell me: Do you ever get used to being with God? :-) 

@flume

I have been there too, and it was an unhealthy phase in my life. I don't regret it though. It was a lesson for me to become aware of the importance of samsara.

Reality is already kicking his ass for not completely satisfying his partner. That will probably expand to cause more problems if he does not work to solve this problem.

Not desiring sex is a form of disconnection from source. Sexual desire is a part of our psyche, thought is corrupting it by judging it as "low consciousness business". This judgement must get questioned and eventually dropped.

@flume exactly what you wrote to truth addict.

No, I'm happy with everything, its just the drive thats lost which bothers me a bit, especially when I think that my spouse is not there and gets triggered with me not being so driven with sex than I used to be.

@Truth Addict oh wow did you tie yourself in some knots of the mind. What you said is not what is true for me.

Mahadev

@Truth Addict no no no I dont judge sex as something that low consciousness people do. It is in a way if you dont control it and need to fap always. In my experience the drive is just not there, I dont intend to jump off of sex cause the spirituality needs to, no, I see sex as nothing bad about the whole thing, actualy my awakening process revieled that you can have sex with anyone and its totaly ok

Mahadev

@inFlow Try to see the divine in sex ,intimacy and love. It is mind blowing. Your relationship with your spouse will grow tremendously if you correctly embodied it. It like sex stopped being sex and turned into a prayer or meditation practice . Beautiful!!

Edited by ahmad ibdah

@Natasha Yeah I also guess that its just a stage Im going through. Eventualy it will come back. I kinda like this state, feeling free from all that craving of sex is energizing.

Mahadev

@ahmad ibdah oh yes! The last awakening I had we went to bed with my spouse and we had love like never. I watched her body and "saw" sex energy everywhere in her. I never felt anything like that. The sex was seen as some kind of training, almost as a ritual where we created energy which bursted with an orgasm. I do believe the right sex is a way to enlightenment, good sex is powerful

Mahadev

@Truth Addict Others have been there and it felt completely natural and fine. He doesn't judge, that's the difference. He's making a statement of his relationship towards sex at the moment. He will come back around and see the divine in sex and intimacy. He probably already sees it actually, there's just no desire to engage in it right now.
Don't make a problem where there is none. I'm sure you mean well but it might have just been different for you. The way he describes it I recognise everything I went through myself and it was a very freeing process actually. One you shouldn't interfere with in my opinion. All in good time.

37 minutes ago, inFlow said:

@Truth Addict no no no I dont judge sex as something that low consciousness people do.

That changes everything. I thought you do as you said "low consciousness business" in your OP.

@Truth Addict It is in a way if you dont control it and need to fap always. 

If we were to say that, then the opposite of it is just as problematic as it is. The need to fap always can be controlled by being neurotic, but that's not a healthy form of sexuality. Same with not wanting sex at all, it can be forced by "deluding" oneself of separation and difference. As you see, both are problematic.

@Truth Addict In my experience the drive is just not there.

Okay, that, in my opinion and experience, is unnatural and needs to get fixed as soon as possible. Not by being neurotic, of course, but rather by bringing awareness into why this is the case. In my case, it was fear that caused the absence of desire. In your case it's the "yet unknown reasons". Maybe you could take a closer look at them.

@Truth Addict I dont intend to jump off of sex cause the spirituality needs to, no, I see sex as nothing bad about the whole thing.

I'm not saying that you're being dogmatic about not wanting to have sex. It seemed to me from what you said that you think that an awakened person shouldn't desire sex but rather use it as a tool for procreation, it's just like thinking that hunger is an illusion and that we shouldn't eat or drink unless we want to survive, which is simply a thought coming from the mind, in other words, the mind governing our lives. So if you don't think so, then that's great.

@Truth Addict actualy my awakening process revieled that you can have sex with anyone and its totaly ok

Yes, that's true. I believe we'll get there in the future. We'll eventually come back to our animalistic nature only in more organised ways ?

Edited by Truth Addict

@ahmad ibdah that was a few weeks back. And for now I mean I can get hard, I can have sex and orgasm, but I just got no interest in doing so. Its as if you were be given a choice to have sex, I would choose not to have it.

Mahadev

Lol I got it. These past few weeks were nothing but work, home and Kriya. I must be doing something way more to please the bodies internal psychological needs. Damn.

Mahadev