Western Buddha

Do nothing meditation. is there a better technique?

15 posts in this topic

Im using the do nothing meditation for almost 2 years straight. i strated with it when i saw leos video about it.

but its been a long time and im wondering what kind of technique leo is using right now? is there a better technique?

There is no such thing as "a better technique". What works and resonates with you might be completely useless for someone else and vice versa. Experiment with a lot of techniques and see what works for you. Tantra Yoga has a huge toolkit of techniques for this very reason. Because if you keep experimenting with a variety of techniques you will eventually find one that sticks with you. And then you can make modifications that suites you even better. Have fun with it and be creative.

53 minutes ago, Esoteric said:

There is no such thing as "a better technique". What works and resonates with you might be completely useless for someone else and vice versa. Experiment with a lot of techniques and see what works for you. Tantra Yoga has a huge toolkit of techniques for this very reason. Because if you keep experimenting with a variety of techniques you will eventually find one that sticks with you. And then you can make modifications that suites you even better. Have fun with it and be creative.

which techniques should i try first?

where can i find the explantions for them?

I find that 'do nothing' is good when the mind is quiet. If the mind is agitated you'll just get monkey mind. So, if the mind is agitated, concentration might be best. Focusing on one object, such as the breath (the one I use, the breath coming in and out of the nostrils).

Once the mind is quiet, do nothing will take you to awareness itself, which is where you want to "get to". 

Alternative Rock Music and Spirituality on YouTube: The Buddha Visions

22 minutes ago, Western Buddha said:

which techniques should i try first?

where can i find the explantions for them?

Look into the mega-thread here on Kriya Yoga. Daniel Odier is a good author who has books on various different tantric techniques. Christopher Wallis is a scholar and practitioner of Tantric Shaivism. I'd recommend to check out their work to get a good overlook.

Kriya Yoga

Psychedelics

Those are the two most powerful techniques I know of.

And also week-long solo retreats.

You are God. You are Truth. You are Love. You are Infinity.

The Mind Illuminated 

"Buddhism is for losers and those who will die one day."

-- Kenneth Folk

@Leo Gura This is a powerful information! I know you've said his before on the forum, but maybe it would be helpful for people to have this at a more accessible point. On the "Start Here"-page maybe, or maybe a video "The actualized.org path - how to become enlightened 2.0".

Just an idea.

Btw, Kryia IS fucking powerful and just started being serious about psychedelics, will share progress as I go along.

1 hour ago, Leo Gura said:

Kriya Yoga

Psychedelics

Those are the two most powerful techniques I know of.

And also week-long solo retreats.

1 hour ago, Esoteric said:

Look into the mega-thread here on Kriya Yoga. Daniel Odier is a good author who has books on various different tantric techniques. Christopher Wallis is a scholar and practitioner of Tantric Shaivism. I'd recommend to check out their work to get a good overlook.

this is the video about it?

and what about shamenic breathing?

28 minutes ago, Western Buddha said:

this is the video about it?

and what about shamenic breathing?

Here is the thread. It has all the info you need if you want to get started.

3 hours ago, Esoteric said:

Here is the thread. It has all the info you need if you want to get started.

is it a good way to realese past trauma?

should i keep meditating or switch to kriya?

23 minutes ago, Western Buddha said:

is it a good way to realese past trauma?

should i keep meditating or switch to kriya?

This is something you have to decide for yourself. But don't place all your bets on that it will heal your trauma.

Gabor Mate was recently on Brand podcast. Was very interesting. He talks a lot about trauma. He also mentions Ayahuasca. Might be worth checking into for healing trauma. Or psychedelics in general. It won't automatically fix your issues, you will actually have to do some serious emotional work and have courage to face what is coming up.