okulele

Question or keep quiet?

8 posts in this topic

Is there any value in asking questions such as: "Who am I?", "What is reality?", "What's the meaning of life?", "What is God?", or just keep quiet?

Is there any value in asking questions such as: "What is society?", "What is family?", "What is the body?", "What is food?", "What is Spiral Dynamics?", or just forget it and just keep quiet?

What's your opinion on this?

Use the Prayer Swat Team!

Well first ask the questions "What if I am delusional?", "How do I know what I think I know is actually what that thing is?". 
So then the only way to keep yourself open to the truth is to constantly be questioning, to maintain constant open-mindedness towards everything. 

The how is what you build, the why is in your heart. 

The mind is always seeking ground. Is it better to contemplate or clear the mind? Is it better to have a guru or be independent? What should the course of action be? At any given time, you may know the answer to these questions for yourself, but if you lock into the answer and turn it into ground or dogma you get stuck. Needing to know a "better" path is a way of seeking ground in thought that relies on time and future to exist. The only ground there is is quicksand. xD

If you have questions, question. If you have a calm mind enjoy it. 

My Youtube Channel- Light on Earth “We dance round in a ring and suppose, but the Secret sits in the middle and knows.”― Robert Frost

@okulele Leo has a great video on Self-inquiry. @Preetom, if i remember correctly, had a great post on the topic as well. Very helpful and clear.

1 hour ago, mandyjw said:

If you have questions, question. If you have a calm mind enjoy it. 

This sounds very true :)

Use the Prayer Swat Team!

Ok I'm gonna give you the short answer...there really is no answer, no absolute answer. Remember, everything is free floating and you can do whatever you want. If you want to discover God the yeah ask those questions, a lot. But most importantly, find the one who questions, and also...find the one who observes the one who questions. Do not look for this, look from this. If you look for it, you will enter confusion. What you seek cannot be found, but it's your job to realise this. All of your individual body parts, cognitive functionalities and all of your experential faculties are all individually replaceable. If replaced individually, *you* remain...no? If your heart was replaced would *you* still be here? This is not a trick. Remain in direct experience, allow it to be your only anchor. If your memory was removed right now would you also be removed? Or would you remain, as the observer of your memory or lack thereof? Tell me, is there anything that can't be replaced? Liver? Personality traits? Emotions? Or, like a piece of clothing, can they be replaced without causing *you* to be replaced? What is this thing? This "you" that remains? And where is it?