Charlotte

Further psychedelic research

14 posts in this topic

Amazing video. It's sad how they make this so impossible with drug laws.

I was pretty hardcore hooked on benzos (which were legal) for years and tried many times to get off of them and wasn't able to. I then got a bunch of LSD (which was illegal) and used it in conjunction with a taper plan I found online and have been off of them for about 6 months with absolutely no desire to get back on it.

So backwards.

makes me so happy to see advancement in psychedelic research. The mere fact that two cities iin US legalized them is an amazing step forward

20 hours ago, Autumn said:

Amazing video. It's sad how they make this so impossible with drug laws..

It is like this cause of low states of collective consciousness. But that will pass one day when consciousness will rise so don't be sad.

The summary is that psychadelics activate your spiritual genes and your human needs and beliefs dissipate resulting in healing and death. The end. 

LOL 

that book is one of the top on my to-read list, i discovered it from a blog post yuval noah harari made, basically him recommending it. Watch the interview of the author, michael pollan, with joe rogan. Good stuff

“A happy brain is a supple and flexible brain, he believes; depression, anxiety, obsession, and the cravings of addiction are how it feels to have a brain that has become excessively rigid or fixed in its pathways and linkages—a brain with more order than is good for it. On the spectrum he lays out (in his entropic brain article) ranging from excessive order to excessive entropy, depression, addiction, and disorders of obsession all fall on the too-much-order end. (Psychosis is on the entropy end of the spectrum, which is why it probably doesn’t respond to psychedelic therapy.)” 
― Michael Pollan, How to Change Your Mind: What the New Science of Psychedelics Teaches Us About Consciousness, Dying, Addiction, Depression, and Transcendence

The kingdom of heaven is within.

“Our task in life consists precisely in a form of letting go of fear and expectations, an attempt to purely give oneself to the impact of the present.” 
― Michael Pollan, How to Change Your Mind: What the New Science of Psychedelics Teaches Us About Consciousness, Dying, Addiction, Depression, and Transcendence

“Normal waking consciousness feels perfectly transparent, and yet it is less a window on reality than the product of our imaginations-a kind of controlled hallucination.” 

Yeah, the book seems sweet, I'd like to read it too.

The kingdom of heaven is within.