Elham

Lucid dreaming

50 posts in this topic

Can you please tell me how can I have lucid dreams?

During the waking state I find that developing a habit of mindfulness helps. I always bring my attention back to the breath or walk with full attention on all bodily sensations. Sometimes I will just unconsciously practice mindfulness as part of the  dream narrative and then I become fully aware that what I'm seeing is nothing like waking state reality and I immediately go lucid. It happens to me very rarely though so maybe there are more effective practices.

Edited by Shaun

“Words are like Leaves; And where they most abound, Much Fruit of Sense beneath is rarely found.”

@Shaun I am trying this method for a while but still no result!

maybe try using the search option to find your answers, it's quite easy

@Elham Any spiritual practice, eventually you’ll realise your dream is totally whack and it doesn’t resemble your actual life and your good from there. 

@Elham havent tried to lucid dream in a long time. I dont really care too anymore although it sometimes happens, everything seems to be like a dream these days xD

Edited by DrewNows

Intent is key. You have to be steadfast in your decision to lucid dream. Like “tonight I’m going to have a lucid dream, no ifs ands or buts”. 

Thinking, reading, consuming material about lucid dreaming a lot helps.  

Frequent reality checks throughout walking life help too. Check if you’re dreaming frequently.

Anything that makes dreams more vivid will help too (get sunlight during the day, limit blue light at night, dark room when sleeping, plenty of high quality sleep, healthy lifestyle).  You could look up foods that help with vivid dreams too. Resistant starches are in particular helpful for me (green bananas, potato starch). They feed your gut bacteria and a lot of people report that they make their dreams more vivid. Skate liver oil is also useful, it’s said to help decalcify the pineal gland. A small amount of alcohol can help induce vivid dreams as well. None of these are necessary.

A hack that is extremely helpful is to do something like the following:

• Go to bed with the intent to lucid dream, and a plan for what you’ll do during that dream. Set an alarm to wake up in about 6 hours. 
  • Maximize the quality of this 6 hours of sleep. Quiet, undisturbed, cool dark room, not too hungry or full, etc. 
  • Wake up in 6 hours and get out of bed and do something for anywhere from 5 minutes to 1 hour. Ideal would be to do some consciousness practice. Kriya yoga in the middle of the night is extremely powerful for me. Meditation is great too. Don’t expose yourself to bright light. 
  • Get back in bed and mentally review your plans for lucid dreaming. Have strong intention to lucid dream (or even to astral project). 
  • You will wake up every 60-120 minutes. Usually this goes unnoticed. Here is where you are in the perfect state to astral project / lucid dream. When you wake up, do any number of techniques to leave your body (most of these are to “move your body”, without moving your body. Just really feel your body lifting out of itself, or rolling out of itself, without moving any muscles. Reach down and touch the floor without moving your arms, etc. 
  • If that doesn’t work. Lie there peacefully and continue intending to lucid dream. Know that your next experience will be a dream. 
  • You will often automatically realize you are dreaming within your dream and be lucid. 
  • Row your boat gently down the stream. Carry through on your plans for the dream, but don’t resist anything else that might happen.

“Curiosity killed the cat.”

2 hours ago, Elham said:

Are you regularly experiencing it?

I had one experience randomly. I was in control of the dream, it was crazy and the quality of the dream was super real, even more real than reality. 

After that I began to be curious about Lucid Dreaming but I have to say that I didn't follow very well the Reality Checks and the methods to achieve it more frequently. Anyway I want to have more lucid dreams, so I will be working on it. I let you know if things go well and I can have one with any of those methods.

These are some tips for beginners:

https://www.reddit.com/r/LucidDreaming/comments/rsvp7/the_three_steps_for_learning_to_lucid_dream/

Edited by abrakamowse

Don’t you realize that all of you together are the temple of God and that the Spirit of God lives in you?
1 Corinthians 3:16

Since I have posted this topic and tried some techniques, I had ONE lucid dream. It was a familiar theme so I recognized I am dreaming.

Although I knew I would wake up if I die in sleep, I jumped off a cliff xD. I was not deeply in sleep though :|

1 hour ago, Elham said:

Since I have posted this topic and tried some techniques, I had ONE lucid dream. It was a familiar theme so I recognized I am dreaming.

Although I knew I would wake up if I die in sleep, I jumped off a cliff xD. I was not deeply in sleep though :|

Could you control parts of the dream? In my case for example, I was on a bus and where I thought the bus should, go it did. I could control the bus with my mind Lol...

xD

Edited by abrakamowse

Don’t you realize that all of you together are the temple of God and that the Spirit of God lives in you?

@abrakamowse

It was like I was afraid to wake up because I was not in deep sleep. I was afraid if I took control and changed everything around me I may suddenly woke up!!!!

2 minutes ago, Elham said:

@abrakamowse

It was like I was afraid to wake up because I was not in deep sleep. I was afraid if I took control and changed everything around me I may suddenly woke up!!!!

Ok, got you. Share here if you have other lucid dreams. I am trying but not luck yet.

:|

Work on dream recall. You dream every night, just can't remember them. Easiest way to do that is by doing the following exercise daily;

As soon as you wake up each morning try to catch yourself before you move your body. If you can do this then relax and dont move. Your dream recall will be very very fresh at this point, you'll find it much easier to remember all of your dreams. Go through any dreams you had the night prior, go over them a few times then go over it out loud. Then sit up, move about and go through it one last time. What you're doing here is extracting the dream memory from your subconscious to your conscious mind. 

Also do reality checks all the time. By doing reality checks all the time you will programme your subconscious mind to do it over and over again, then eventually you'll do it when your dreaming, and you'll become lucid. Heres my favorite reality check; try to stick your right index finger straight through the middle of your left palm. If you can do it, your either dreaming, or have superhuman strength...and I'm gonna bet that it's not the latter. One small pointer for this technique, you must actually try to put your finger through to hand each time and you must not get into the habit of just doing it, expecting it not to work. Otherwise you'll just dream that you cant do it. But yes, doing this with the dream recall practises will eventually cause you to become lucid within a dream. You'll go to stick your finger through your hand and it'll actually happen and you'll realise your in a dream.

One final point, it's very common for dreamers to get excited when they realise they're in a dream and they wake themselves up. As Soo. As you become lucid, put your plan up to your face, focus on it and spin around once or twice. The focus will neutralise your dream state

@Aaron p thanks. I experienced it another time but it's somehow shallow... I am not in a deep sleep. Do you know why?

@abrakamowse heeeey  I had it another time. This time I changed the set a little bit but still not deep in sleep

1 hour ago, Elham said:

@Aaron p thanks. I experienced it another time but it's somehow shallow... I am not in a deep sleep. Do you know why?

Are you saying you woke up easily. Lucid dreaming usually happens outside of deep sleep. It takes practice not to wake up

Check out my lucid dreaming anthology series, Stars of Clay  

@seeking_brilliance 

8 hours ago, seeking_brilliance said:

Are you saying you woke up easily. 

NO. It was like I was not deep in sleep... something between sleep and walking up! Is it how it supposed to be?? I want things to be more real!