Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
Shadowraix

Dealing with death of a family member

11 posts in this topic

I just got word my step mom died from suicide. I've never had to deal with a family member death that I knew. 

Hasn't sunk in yet but any advice for this process would be appreciated. 

@Shadowraix Sorry for your loss :(

Be supportive of your other family members.

Use this event to contemplate 'death'.

Consciously start the grieving process (stages of loss).

Hugs

Just now, Natasha said:

@Shadowraix Sorry for your loss :(

Be supportive of your other family members.

Use this event to contemplate 'death'.

Consciously start the grieving process (stages of loss).

Yeah. Feels very emotionally numbing right now. Stuck in this limbo of not knowing what to do or feel. I know I'm gonna have to go through grieving. Deal with some dysfunctional family. 

Times like these makes me wish I was more developed. But that's my mind trying to escape. 

I am sorry to hear about this.

Wish you all the strength to go through this phase and come out with a better understanding of everything. I am personally not in a position to answer this question but the next best thing I could do is to link you with advise from someone who might know what to do

Edited by Chi_

@Shadowraix Sorry to hear man. Keep mind’s eye on Beauty, and she is everywhere, in perfect love & peace. She is the very best of us all now. Let her in your heart. 

MEDITATIONS TOOLS  ActualityOfBeing.com  GUIDANCE SESSIONS

NONDUALITY LOA  My Youtube Channel  THE TRUE NATURE

I've experienced the same regarding the loss of a loved one. It's called postponement of effect. My initial reactions to death are usually internal laughter or nothing. Then a day later I will be consumed with extreme grief for several days. I totally lose it when I look at something which belonged to them or I go to the freezer and see food which they made or see something which they were in the middle of but never finished.

Just be prepared for these emotions to come up.

Edited by Shaun

“Words are like Leaves; And where they most abound, Much Fruit of Sense beneath is rarely found.”

I've experienced the numbness, the total grief, the whole works and it shattered my reality. I questioned everything about life because I just couldnt understand why freak accidents happen. My older brother was shot in his head while taking a driving lesson. It was accidental and he was an unfortunate victim of the crime situation in my country. This was in September 2018, and now I can tell you that meditation has helped me not to lose my mind. I found Leo, only because I started taking personal development seriously after my brother died as he was a lot into PD, and I just never bothered to listen to him before. I hear him clearly now. 

Edited by Becks

@John Lula this is really a big part of not getting lost in the despair. You actually have to feel it in your body and embrace it with your all. 

Thank you all for your insightful replies. ❤️?

I will take all of the advice to heart. I live in a different state from where all of this is happening so I'm not really sure how much of grief there is for me to do. I rarely think about it unless it is done so consciously. But I feel a lack of emotional triggers is going to delay the inevitable. 

@John Lula I've heard that book mentioned a thousand times maybe it is about time I get it. 

I think you have been preparing for this moment and have a long way to go

What is spirituality work and actualized.org?

But training to face the horror of imminent death,

Buddha once said - Even death is not to be feared by the one who has lived wisely.

Use it as your motivation for your spiritual training.

Because death you will encounter through out your life

Till one day it knocks on your door

And you will have nothing but your spiritual wisdom by your side, 

which you accumulated through out your life before death arrived

Not that this  is as easy as it is said, but ultimately

this  is  the answer.

But the 'normal' course would be , just to let it out. Grieve, express emotions for the next week or 2. That is how you would get over it. Suppressing it is harmful. Watch Leo's video on How to deal with negative emotion.

Edited by Ibn Sina

"Whatever you do or dream you can begin it. Boldness has genius, power, and magic in it. "   - Goethe

My Blog- Writing for Therapy

On 6/28/2019 at 7:19 PM, Shadowraix said:

I just got word my step mom died from suicide. I've never had to deal with a family member death that I knew. 

Hasn't sunk in yet but any advice for this process would be appreciated. 

Grieve. Grieve. Grieve. Like the above post says. Act natural. Don't suppress anything. Experience the tragedy.

And more importantly.

I am very very sorry. :(  My girlfriend's mother killed herself. It's going to be tough. 

Edited by The Dopamine Cleric