Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
Esoteric

Dark (bath)room retreat

27 posts in this topic

So I have a vacation coming up in 2 and a half weeks. I am in the planning stages of doing a dark room retreat in my bathroom. I will cover the door glitchtes to make sure no light will penetrate. There is ventilation in the bathroom. I will not fast, just have dry fruit and nuts with me in. 

I was thinking 5-6 days. From a source I heard in the beginning you will just get accustomed to the darkness, you might sleep a lot in the beginning as a defense mechanism but after around 3 days you won't be able to. Then the mind will face the dark and eventually it will calm and that's when you start your practices.

I am gonna to put on an alarm(s) outside for when to know when to get out.

So any advice would be helpful. Has anyone been on one or done one themselves? What should I be wary of? I expect this to be hard.

Will try it too. But universe Will always send someone to interupt "you". 

1 hour ago, zeroISinfinity said:

Will try it too. But universe Will always send someone to interupt "you". 

Please elaborate?

That seems pretty chalenging, if you are already experienced with some retreats it would be a nice idea.

You will take a pillow or something to sleep on the bathroom ?

Eating nuts for 3 days also seems hard.

Good luck

I have done retreats yes. Never in the dark. I expect it to be challenging. I will bring in my zafu cushion, a pillow and blanket yes.

I don't plan to eat that much so fruits and nuts be fine.

Thank you

Edited by Esoteric

@Esoteric Well all of the sudden people Will need you more then ever. You Will realize mechanics of the Game. 

How Being teases your ego to chase cheese and many more. 

@okulele Thanks! Interesting read :)

I might do some edibles towards the end. I am thinking about if I should have a timer so I know which day I am at.

41 minutes ago, Esoteric said:

I am thinking about if I should have a timer so I know which day I am at.

Timer yes. No cellphone, though.

@Esoteric Edibles in the end is a great idea. I did them for the first time about a week ago and man was i surprised, felt like a 4g mushroom trip :D 

@mkrksms Lol, it didn't go as planned at all. I was moving out of this apartment at July 31st. So I had the intention of using the whole apartment instead of just the bathroom. So me and my brother cleaned the whole place as you do when moving out. I left just a matress and a pillow in the place that. Bought dried fruits and nuts and made 6 bags for each day. 22-28th of July was my plan. After my brother left I went and bought ducktape and black garbage bags. But they didn't stick to the walls around the windows! It was like slippery surface, if you know what I mean. It was poor planning. So I did a regular solo retreat in those days. And it was for the best. I had the worst headache the 23th due to quitting caffeine. I had no idea I had built up such an addiction. So I really wasn't ready for a dark room retreat. I should be way more prepared. Was for the best. I will probably go to Germany at some point and do it under professional settings with people helping you. Haven't found any here.

You thinking about doing one? :)

Fruits and nuts will not be enough to sustain you. You will be extremely hungry and quit.

It would be more reasonable to light-proof an entire bedroom plus attached bathroom, so you have more space to move around, sleep, and store food.

Right now I pretty much sleep in a pitch black light-proofed bedroom. All the windows and even the door is totally blocked with special thick curtains.

That would be the way to go about it.

Logistical planning for retreats is very important. You need to address all practical issues ahead of time so you can fully focus on the retreat without distraction.

You could even install a small fridge in your bedroom to hold pre-cut fruits, sandwiches, pasta salad, etc. You could stock up on beef jerky.

You are God. You are Truth. You are Love. You are Infinity.

@Leo Gura Yeah I noticed that as well. I was seriously so tired from nuts and fruits by the 3rd day that I had to go to the grocery store and buy some real food. You live and learn. If I am going to try solo darkroom again I will do some serious planning way in advance.

If point of your Dark room retreat is God realization.  Maybe you Will not need 24/7.

Prepare food in the morning and eat it. Like full large meal. Then go to the chamber bring your snacks with yourself. 

From my own experience it is impossible to make it for 2 weeks.You Will realize why. It is probably the more "faster" way then do nothing.

All the Best. 

Edited by zeroISinfinity

A dark room retreat requires 24/7 darkness.

People have done 30 day dark room retreats. Of course not solo. They had help from outsiders.

You are God. You are Truth. You are Love. You are Infinity.

Oh sorry @Leo Gura I tried it on my own.But no matter how much preparation I do before it. Always but always someone or something interupts.

Yeah you are right it requires help. But solo is Just impossible. Sorry once again

?

Mistake post

Edited by Esoteric
Didnt read correctly

Highly effective tool for awakening. It removes appearance of senses and absorption is much easier. 

Cool stuff. 

That's how you spend your vacation. ?

I Just Love spirituality it's so much fun rewarding and pushes you to edges. ❤️

I've watched mantak chia on this topic he explains that melationin will change into dmt if you sit for to long in the dark you can start to see visions of things. (IIRC 7 days should have been the mark or so for the dmt release)

I don't know how intense it is someone wrote me he left after 4 days, because the sounds scared him. He tried LSD and such.

I've never done them, but looked into them. Mostly because of financial reasons.