emind

If We Live in A Simulation, Is Enlightenment an Illusion?

35 posts in this topic

As many of you have probably heard Nick Bostrom's argument (here's Neil Tyson explaining it) (

it is the most statistically likely possibility that, we do in fact, live in a simulated reality. If this is the case, then what the hell is enlightenment but an illusion?

No!

Simulation is a duality and therefore an illusion.

Stop listening to materialist scientists. They are clueless about metaphysics & consciousness.

You are God. You are Truth. You are Love. You are Infinity.

17 minutes ago, emind said:

it is the most statistically likely possibility that, we do in fact, live in a simulated reality. If this is the case, then what the hell is enlightenment but an illusion?

Simulated is an ok non-woowoo approximation. But by this you could call thinking it is a simulation as an illusion too. The problem is though there is nothing but the 'simulation' calling it a simulation often can give the distinction there is something outside of it. God is 'simulating' but what it is simulating is also it. Don't confuse simulating in this context with fake or 'unreal' There is nowhere else to go but here. Science and simulation theory is just another step forward in realizing how profound and big this whole thing is. Call it a half-truth.

Think of this: Imagine a person in your head living their life. Except they are completely aware that they are being created by some higher more intelligent thing. You just literally created a person. A real person. You can fully involve yourself, get invested, and explore the world you created. You gave them the ability to become enlightened to some degree. Is that an illusion that can be dismissed when you gave them the ability to see through their own perceived reality? 

Of course God as total is infinitely more complex, your ability to do this is a finite form of the utter and raw power of God. Who's to say God in its infinite expression wouldn't give life the power to see what it actually is a part of? You are a part of it just like that human you imagined is a part of you. The illusion of what we thought reality was derived from what we were taught. We hold mainly beliefs that serve to only maintain its survival.

Survival oriented lifeforms will delude itself to maintain survival. But what illusion can persist when you deconstruct all of those mechanisms? What is behind the curtain?

Edited by Shadowraix

7 minutes ago, Shadowraix said:

it is the most statistically likely possibility that

Truth is not a statistical probability. Thinking about Truth statistically is a rookie mistake, one commonly committed by poor scientists.

Look! Truth is right here, right now! It probability is always 100%! Reality is happening right now! So it is 100% right here!

You are overlooking the obvious.

You are God. You are Truth. You are Love. You are Infinity.

@emind Enlightenment is becoming aware of that which is aware of the simulation that they are talking about. ?

@Leo Gura But doesnt your conception of duality come from experience? Experience that you would have hypothetically had in a simulation?

@Leo Gura But Leo!!!!xD      To dispense with a notion of statistical probability would be to be inconsistent. Everything you do is based on it. You work on a video throughout the week because it is statistically likely that you will not die before you finish it, and because its statistically likely that Youtube will not fall, and that a nuclear outbreak wont take place. Why should we dismiss statistical probability in this case when we use it in every other situation in life?

Again..this can't be taught not really - you have to discover the Absolute for yourself.  We are like Neo in the matrix going back into the Matrix and trying to tell you its a Matrix.  You're gonna think we are crazy.

Wisdom.  Truth.  Love.

Who is the witness stepping out of the VR? What is the empty space of awareness witnessing the simulated and non-simulated world? 

@emind You are about to discover the flaws of spirituality and of Leo's (& other's) teachings.

Be careful, I'm not saying Leo or spirituality is wrong. I'm saying you can't know because even though in a way it's provable in another it's not.

Science could be right. We could live in a simulation. This simulation could give people working on their spirituality (meditating, taking drugs etc.) the experience of experiencing god & love. It could be programmed to give you the experience of becoming conscious of god. They could be deeply wrong even though they would swear they are right and that science is wrong and that you just have to experience the Truth for yourself. It could all be in the end just hallucination, nothing bigger there, just neurons firing giving you "the direct experience of god". Of course people like Leo can't accept this possibility (Notice how this is also explainable via ego & devilry). They will deem you too rational and that you wouldn't say that if you would've experienced it for yourself (btw at the same time totally not knowing what the other has experienced). But it is indeed a possibility (and I would argue a large one) that science, Neil De Gras Tysson, Elon Musk & co is right about the simulation (and other spirituality contradicting claims).

Spirituality could also be right. That simulation is a duality, that there is a deeper truth and that humans can become conscious of the deeper truth. That we live in base reality and drugs and spirituality lead you to a deeper truth that you can embody.

Notice that there are also (at least) two ways where both can be true.
From a science perspective, if you can't measure something it doesn't exist. This means that if you can't contradict God and spirituality it might as well be true.
And from a spirituality stand point, it could be true that spiritual experiences get you to the highest level and beyond. What I mean is we could live in a simulation, while at the same time transcending the simulation and all simulations around that and base reality through spirituality.

I would advise you to keep an open mind and enjoy God / the simulation :D

Edited by Geromekevin
Clearer messages

@Geromekevin Absolute is absolute. Has nothing to do with crunching numbers lol. 

But yes Matrix of your mind is real and with spiritual work you are trying to escape it. 

Need to re take control finally saw glimpses and evidance. Neo-One. 

@emind Oh yeah and to answer your question. Yes, if the simulation is real, experiencing the Truth is probably an illusion (unless the makers of the simulation(s) did include it to give you information about the Truth). Other effects of enlightenment and spiritual work can still be very real and I would argue they are.

@Mikael89 I've never heard this one,

but i'm not sure i understand what you mean 

sounds imaginative for sure, 

@zeroISinfinity and from your Godhead perspective you are talking to yourself right now.  Playing in your own sandbox :)

Wisdom.  Truth.  Love.

We are all connected. 

@Inliytened1 It is mindfuck, this is how basiclly external Universe gets created if you live it from perspective of self. 

Truth is radical 180' degree shift. 

@Mikael89 yeah so i'm saying like give me an understanding of what it is, i've studied what quantum mechanics would be. so ill understand

woah finally understand what spiritual bypassing is, this is a serious problem and actually pointless, your just absorbing more concepts for no reason. its not getting you anywhere or changing anything

Edited by Aakash

Modern physics i.e. quantum mechanics can reveal alot about God or reality because it was dreamed up by reality or God.

Wisdom.  Truth.  Love.