Rilles

I’m Split...

16 posts in this topic

...Between these world views

1.You have one life right now and you will die soon, there will be nothing after you die, forever and you will never reincarnate, so carpe diem

2.You are infinite and will live forever over and over and death is an illusion that your ego made up to make you do stuff

Both are just ideas to me but even so they still affect how I live my life... How do I go about integrating the two? Should I stay in the not knowing?

Edited by Rilles

Dont look at me! Look inside!

2 makes it easier for you to surrender to become enlightened 

1 makes you value the life you have currently 

both are right, i guess this question comes down to what you want more, to live life or become enlightened first 

you could do both at the same time, but its conflicting holding two viewpoints simulatenously, youd just want to stop thinking and so you will automatically want enlightenment, this is what happened for me, but there's no time frame for how long you would have to keep it. 

they are just concepts and ultimately will have to be chucked away when the time comes, you can't have any preconceptual notions of enlightenment before you experience what it means to be being. 

Both living over and over and death are illusions your mind made up. Still though, you are going to get older and time is a limitation that we have created for our own freedom to achieve things. Knowing that you will "die" soon is helpful so do everything that is important to you. That thought can be paralyzing and depressing though. So a balanced person embraces the paradox that everything already is, and nothing ever was so what you do doesn't matter. 

Then you get in the position of having time to play and do whatever great or small things you want, no pressure. And in that environment, masterpieces are often created. Or not.

Be careful with "not knowing." Sometimes not knowing is more like, "I don't want to contemplate that, I'll ignore it." You can get to deeply know both sides of a paradox and the center. Then you will know know through not knowing. 

My Youtube Channel- Light on Earth “We dance round in a ring and suppose, but the Secret sits in the middle and knows.”― Robert Frost

28 minutes ago, Aakash said:

2 makes it easier for you to surrender to become enlightened 

1 makes you value the life you have currently 

both are right, i guess this question comes down to what you want more, to live life or become enlightened first 

How can both be right? Please elaborate?

Well, I want to live too but I know that will bring alot of suffering. 

I know Im not 100% ready to go an only spiritual path, its more of a sidething, A boost to my happiness

you could do both at the same time, but its conflicting holding two viewpoints simulatenously, youd just want to stop thinking and so you will automatically want enlightenment, this is what happened for me, but there's no time frame for how long you would have to keep it. 

they are just concepts and ultimately will have to be chucked away when the time comes, you can't have any preconceptual notions of enlightenment before you experience what it means to be being. 

Guess so, thats what I mean by just keeping on not knowing and just doing the work as best as I can

48 minutes ago, Rilles said:

1.You have one life right now and you will die soon, there will be nothing after you die, forever and you will never reincarnate, so carpe diem

2.You are infinite and will live forever over and over and death is an illusion that your ego made up to make you do stuff

Both are just ideas to me but even so they still affect how I live my life... How do I go about integrating the two? Should I stay in the not knowing?

the first view is the view of the ego. The few is true to the extend that you believe that you are the ego.

Once enlightened, you will recognize that the first was just an illusion and that the second is true.

yes, stay in the place of not knowing with the intention to find it out. However, if one view may help you more in life and on the spiritual path you can adopt it, staying aware that it is but a view though 

(btw there is even a third view, that of astrology and past lives

so your first view, you are the ego. Your second view, you are God. The third view, you are the soul)

@Rilles But what does the best you can mean?  You said it right there.   Doing the work the best you can means putting it front and center.  Make sure you are taking the time to do the work - self inquiry, meditation.   Because you can directly know for yourself - but you have to die for it.

Wisdom.  Truth.  Love.

4 hours ago, Rilles said:

@Rilles

If you wanna integrate the 2 abovementioned views, ask yourself what is the common thread between these 2 views.

It is the same I. Investigate and hold onto this I and resolve both of these unsatisfactory, confusing imagination.

''Not this...

Not this...

PLEASE...Not this...''

4 hours ago, Rilles said:

Let me ask you this: how is it possible to not experience anything?
Do you picture a black screen without sounds, smell, taste, etc?

Realize that this picture is imagination and it is still an experience.

Real death is like going to sleep, waking up and not remembering your dream.
When you sleep, do you lie down 8 hours in blackness? Are you telling yourself that you 'had' a dream and you 'forgot' it? 
No, there is no discontinuity between night and day. The dream you had and ruminate is happening in the morning.

You are constantly dying to your thoughts, to your experience, every nanosecond. You don't remember what you thought 5 minutes ago. You don't know what your next thought will be. Reincarnation is not a bodily life-death thing because 'your' body is not separate from the world. Reincarnation is the present moment.

Bearing with the conditioned in gentleness, fording the river with resolution, not neglecting what is distant, not regarding one's companions; thus one may manage to walk in the middle. H11L2

@Rilles The thoughts are you. The implications, the context, is you. Not about you, not the narrative thoughts imply, but directly literally you. Like a building made of lego’s appears to be a building, and ‘building’ has context, use, meaning - one could even live in it. But there’s no building, just legos, which are you. Nothing couldn’t be tricker, while nothing is hidden. Thinking is the veil, while you are the thoughts themselves. Use the legos to build what appears to just be the legos, and thought has created another fool. The wise can only point, because they know they have no wisdom, they are not a building. 

MEDITATIONS TOOLS  ActualityOfBeing.com  GUIDANCE SESSIONS

NONDUALITY LOA  My Youtube Channel  THE TRUE NATURE

3 hours ago, Inliytened1 said:

@Rilles But what does the best you can mean?  You said it right there.   Doing the work the best you can means putting it front and center.  Make sure you are taking the time to do the work - self inquiry, meditation.   Because you can directly know for yourself - but you have to die for it.

Theres a joy in finding out, if I knew now then life would lose alot of meaning. Off to the work!

2 hours ago, Preetom said:

@Rilles

If you wanna integrate the 2 abovementioned views, ask yourself what is the common thread between these 2 views.

It is the same I. Investigate and hold onto this I and resolve both of these unsatisfactory, confusing imagination.

Thats a great contemplation!

2 hours ago, tsuki said:

Let me ask you this: how is it possible to not experience anything?
Do you picture a black screen without sounds, smell, taste, etc?

Realize that this picture is imagination and it is still an experience.

Real death is like going to sleep, waking up and not remembering your dream.
When you sleep, do you lie down 8 hours in blackness? Are you telling yourself that you 'had' a dream and you 'forgot' it? 
No, there is no discontinuity between night and day. The dream you had and ruminate is happening in the morning.

You are constantly dying to your thoughts, to your experience, every nanosecond. You don't remember what you thought 5 minutes ago. You don't know what your next thought will be. Reincarnation is not a bodily life-death thing because 'your' body is not separate from the world. Reincarnation is the present moment.

So that means I’ll be nothing forever not knowing I was nothing forever and then coming back as some being of infinite choice?

1 hour ago, Mikael89 said:

@Rilles Depends on what you mean with "you".

You as ego will die.

You as Consciousness are eternal. 

Death of Consciousness is impossible. It really is. I swear.

Thats actually the best answer to this paradox, thanks! Now to realize I am that... 

1 hour ago, Rilles said:

So that means I’ll be nothing forever not knowing I was nothing forever and then coming back as some being of infinite choice?

I'm astounded by how well you describe absolute infinity.

Bearing with the conditioned in gentleness, fording the river with resolution, not neglecting what is distant, not regarding one's companions; thus one may manage to walk in the middle. H11L2

1 hour ago, tsuki said:

I'm astounded by how well you describe absolute infinity.

If I only I could experience it tooxD

@Rilles There is no "too" there.

On 6/11/2019 at 10:01 AM, Rilles said:

Rilles,

The following scripture from the Holy Bible may help you to make up your own mind with regard to whether reincarnation is true or not:

Hebrews, chapter 9, verses 27 & 28  

New King James Version  

And as it is appointed for men to die once, but after this the judgment, so Christ was offered once to bear the sins of many. To those who eagerly wait for Him He will appear a second time, apart from sin, for salvation.

It's also worth noting that there isn't any convincing hard evidence for reincarnation, only the claims of certain individuals that haven't been backed up by reliable eye-witness accounts.  At the very least, an attitude of healthy skepticism is a good position to take on the subject.

Happy searching....:)

Andrea

Edited by Soul-lover 2020

I am one of many, an expression of the divine nature of Christ

"I think, therefore I am" - René Descartes

Intake psychedelics right now! Haha then try to  bring that in your trip.. lets see

14 minutes ago, John Iverson said:

Intake psychedelics right now! Haha then try to  bring that in your trip.. lets see

Haha... that ought to untie this Gordian Knot. Nice to see you again bro. Havent seen you around.