Harikrishnan

Learning digital marketing

11 posts in this topic

So i wish to learn about digital marketing and i have a subscription in lynda. And there are 1000 of courses on same and i am confused. Does studying a single course from that 1000 help me in becoming a digital marketer or do i have to study many other courses. And if any one here into digital marketing which course helped you in the journey.

@Harikrishnan Lynda is pretty good but you're not gonna know it all after just one course, even if its 10 hours long. Take a variety of courses that fall under the broader field of digital marketing (social media, SEO, analytics, different types of marketing, etc). Take longer courses in areas that you feel will be applicable to what you intend to do with these skills. Take notes, and aim to really understand whats being taught. I'm pretty sure the course have reviews and ratings, so look at them to help you choose which one to take. Most of the information is gonna be fairly similar throughout all the digital marketing courses though. It's pretty straight forward stuff. This should then be balanced with actual practise and implementation of whats learnt. The main lessons will come from actually doing digital marketing, using google analytics, doing social media etc.

8 hours ago, Space said:

@Harikrishnan Lynda is pretty good but you're not gonna know it all after just one course, even if its 10 hours long. Take a variety of courses that fall under the broader field of digital marketing (social media, SEO, analytics, different types of marketing, etc). Take longer courses in areas that you feel will be applicable to what you intend to do with these skills. Take notes, and aim to really understand whats being taught. I'm pretty sure the course have reviews and ratings, so look at them to help you choose which one to take. Most of the information is gonna be fairly similar throughout all the digital marketing courses though. It's pretty straight forward stuff. This should then be balanced with actual practise and implementation of whats learnt. The main lessons will come from actually doing digital marketing, using google analytics, doing social media etc.

Thank you 🙏

How is it going? What have you decided to learn?

Posted (edited)

@herghly yes i started studying a course by brad batesole.

Edited by Harikrishnan

It depends what you want to do exactly. What's your ultimate goal? Start with a digital marketing course if it's relevant so you can learn the basics but I'd be moving quickly into a specific domain like SEO, Facebook ads, YouTube etc... and then mastering it. Be careful of falling into the trap of doing course after course but never applying anything. Once you've established a clear goal, learned the basics, then I'd suggest looking at Sam Ovens video on the modern state of online business, absolute ripper: 

What is your current occupation? Are you working full-time? Are you a student? 

If you are a student, for example, you could do an internship in online marketing and get some hands-on experience.

Hard times create strong men. 
Strong men create good times. 
Good times create weak men.
Weak men create hard times.

I’ve been considering getting involved with that as well. Although I am quite unskilled at just about everything. I too would like to be able to maintain some kind of monthly income doing this. It is indeed quite confusing though. 

@Harikrishnan You don't actually need a course, but it could be beneficial, choose a good one. I took one course but learned much more from experiential understanding.

"Every culture that's ever existed has operated under the illusion that it understood 95% of reality and that the other 5% would be delivered in the next 18 months, and from Egypt forward they've been running around believing they had a perfect grip on things and yet we look back at every society that preceded us with great smugness at how naive they all were. Well, it never occurs to us, then, that maybe we're whistling in the dark too!" -- Terence McKenna

Posted (edited)

Anyone here know of dan Henry ad agency course? 

Local business advertising...

Edited by Jack River