moon777light

What ISNT a survival mechanism: List

46 posts in this topic

These are the ones i came up so far, feel free to add ones you found, and discuss these:

• Facing your Fear->  goes against all of our body's mechanisms for safety and survival, literally the opposite of survival
  • Suicide-> self explanatory
  • the ACT of meditation, not the habit-> during the act itself of meditating, basically were overriding our survival instincts by letting go of thoughts we were meant to cling onto, letting go of emotions, in the case of strong determination sits you resist the urges to adjust your posture, move your limbs slightly, etc. This is just referring to pure meditation, because sometimes we do get caught up in monkey mind, sometimes we to unconsciously adjust our back, etc, but were not meditating during that instant. The habit of mediation can be seen as survival since we see it as a self improvement method or as a way to enlightenment, which is to seek the moment when suffering stops.
  • Unconditional Love-> I intellectually know that this isnt survival since to have unconditional love you stop caring what will happen but i dont fully understand it since i havent experienced it yet

27 minutes ago, moon777light said:

Suicide-> self explanatory

This one is a bit tricky... Sometimes you wanna kill yourself because youve failed to live up to something so in a sense its survival too... 

Dont look at me! Look inside!

Facing a fear is often necessary for survival. Survival instincts can to very meta using mechanisms to go against other mechanisms for survival. 

@Rilles yeah i thought about that, so its like giving up survival as a way to survive..PaRadox!

@Shadowraix so its like layers of survival mechanisms? 

@moon777light I would say so yeah. 

For example, we are designed to avoid suffering and chase comfort, yet suffering increases our ability to adapt to survive. Facing a fear would be another form of adaptation. Conflict, struggle, overcome

11 minutes ago, moon777light said:

@Rilles yeah i thought about that, so its like giving up survival as a way to survive..PaRadox!

Two ways to die. Im done with life Ive done everything, theres nothing left, Mahasamadhi. Second way is; Im not living up to what ego wants I should exit the body to get rid of the pain. So yeah its a paradox.

Dont look at me! Look inside!

1 hour ago, Shadowraix said:

Facing a fear is often necessary for survival. Survival instincts can to very meta using mechanisms to go against other mechanisms for survival. 

I agree... I think facing fears is still a form of survival... Once the ego realizes there is nothing to fear, then it will relax

Edited by seeking_brilliance

Check out my lucid dreaming anthology series, Stars of Clay  

@Shadowraix like doing something you always avoided and have no reason to do but you do it anyway, but i guess thats the pretty close to the definition of struggle  

i was thinking of an example like lets say your super scared of talking in public and you usually stay silent, so you build a survival mechanism of nervousness and sweating so your hyper aware of surroundings and dont talk. But then one day you decide to override that to speak out and even though all of your body is screaming no, you do it anyway. But the result was me speaking out my opinion or whatever, which is a survival mechanism itself. And i decided to be couragous and take the decision to speak which is also a survivals mechanism. Didnt think about it like that, damn this runs deep and is twisty haha

@Nahm but isnt making behbeh's a form of survival? But i can see how making a thing, like a painting can be not survival (if done for fun and not for money or school to pass class)

@moon777light Babies? No. When you have one you’ll see, they do not aid in your survival. But I am not talking about the appearance of creating, I am talking about Creating. You create every appearance of every passing moment, your body, your thoughts, your perspectives, your internalizations, your choices, etc. You are the Creator of you, a dream of a life time....and “within” this, you are creating the life of your dreams. 

If you reduce creating to survival, you created that distinction. 

MEDITATIONS TOOLS  ActualityOfBeing.com  GUIDANCE SESSIONS

NONDUALITY LOA  My Youtube Channel  THE TRUE NATURE

3 hours ago, Nahm said:

I am talking about Creating. You create every appearance of every passing moment, your body, your thoughts, your perspectives, your internalizations, your choices, etc. You are the Creator of you, a dream of a life time....and “within” this, you are creating the life of your dreams. 

so even all of my survival mechanisms contribute to this creation? i dont get it

1 hour ago, moon777light said:

so even all of my survival mechanisms contribute to this creation? i dont get it

Yes your unique personality is used for creation of Reality. Personality is never lost so don't be afraid, your personality becomes much more authentic free from neurotic behaivor etc. 

God is Good. ❤️?

8 hours ago, moon777light said:

basically were overriding our survival instincts

@moon777light We are not. Hunger is instinct, you can't get rid of it.

8 hours ago, moon777light said:

Facing your Fear->  goes against all of our body's mechanisms for safety and survival, literally the opposite of survival

Survival is in everything that want to persist. It's a mind mechanism to persist, that's why you go ''face your fear'', because it's a fear based on nothing real, you are facing your ''fears'' so you can live your life, that's survival, but real.

This video about survival is so key to understand reality. I was needing that video, really eye-opening.

I think all we do all the time is about survival, there's no one thing that we do that is not survival, even the most subtle acts are survival strategies.

At least IMO

Don’t you realize that all of you together are the temple of God and that the Spirit of God lives in you?
1 Corinthians 3:16

9 hours ago, Nahm said:

@moon777light

Excellent contemplations. 

Creating isn’t survival, it’s inclusive of survival, while transcendent of it. 

I have to think about that, interesting @Nahm why do you say that? could it not be a way of keeping a "creator" or "creative artist" identity? A subtle survival mechanism? 

Don’t you realize that all of you together are the temple of God and that the Spirit of God lives in you?
1 Corinthians 3:16

@abrakamowse If there is infinite, you are infinite. If there is anything which makes distinctions, It is you. If there is any apparent effect, it is you.  If you part out survival you create the distinction. So creation seems transcendent to survival. You are creating by default, but the distinction of survival is the duality of the thoughts about dying, or not surviving. If a creative artist adopts identity of a creator, it is still you and your creation which is you. 

You could knowing lose identity. You could unknowingly lose identity. You could knowingly create identity. You could unknowingly create identity. It’d always be you. 

MEDITATIONS TOOLS  ActualityOfBeing.com  GUIDANCE SESSIONS

NONDUALITY LOA  My Youtube Channel  THE TRUE NATURE

Ironically, suicide is usually an act motivated by survival. It is motivated by suffering. And suffering is survival.

You are God. You are Truth. You are Love. You are Infinity.