Schahin

What are thoughts really and where do they come from?

13 posts in this topic

Hey dear people, 

I understand that thoughts are not part of who we are (they are not us or rather what is our true nature). 

So if they are not us and they just randomly appear without being asked for and there is seemingly no control over them showing up, could it be that thoughts are the influence of low and high frequency beings /entities trying to send us their messages based on our emotional state. 

I hear that every person has low and high frequency entities on them and probably let's them in by himself (I am still trying to figure out how exactly, but I think it is through our daily actions, being compassionate, understanding and loving and therefore letting in good or bad entities). 

So has anybody thought about this subject yet and came to a similar conclusion? 

Edited by Schahin

@Schahin I hold what you say as a possibility and in some ways, a likelihood.

We also produce thoughts and so they are all mixed together.

"To have a free mind is to be a universal heretic." - A.H. Almaas

"We have to bless the living crap out of everyone." - Matt Kahn

For me thoughts are events in the mind. Like body sensations there are times when these thoughts are more intense, more obsessive or more productive. Where did you here about entities? 

@Schahin Thoughts are sounds they come from brain.

Rest I am not sure what you are talking about.

Thoughts are never really the same and they don't often do consecutive actions to label them into any frequency.  They come from your head or at least they are heavily influenced by the state of your mind/brain.

Edited by ColdFacts

5 hours ago, Schahin said:

What are thoughts really and where do they come from?

I'm sorry to say this but you won't be able to find the answers for such questions in a forum discussion. This is not a task for the intellect.

This is why people go to rigorous retreats.

unborn Truth

43 minutes ago, ajasatya said:

I'm sorry to say this but you won't be able to find the answers for such questions in a forum discussion.

I wouldn't say that.
Thoughts are something that "we" can partially observe or become aware of. Thoughts are reflections of the apparatus of life. 

The question is rather, why do we even notice that? Why at all? And this is an illusion in the course of the process of constantly generating a new ego that remembers the past. A constant coming and going. But this "I" is always only in the now. It is a snapshot like the individual images of a film or the individual lines of a computer program with which the ego identifies in order to be able to live at all and to maintain its structure.

@Schahin thoughts just appear.  They appear inside the mind/body, but you are not the mind/body.  (you are, but that does not define you. To say you are Schahin would be way too confining) You are aware of what is happening inside the mind/body of Schahin so much to the point of thinking that is you. Even if you no longer think it is you, you are still locked into this awareness of the mind /body in which the thoughts arise. 

You are appearing as the mind/body of Schahin, and you are appearing as the thoughts within this Schahin.  But these can not define you because that would be too confining. 

Even if the thoughts were appearing as entities who are supplying you with these thoughts, you are appearing as these entities, and they are still you. Whether they are Schahin or not would be hard to define, everything really kind of blends together after a while.... 

Check out my lucid dreaming anthology series, Stars of Clay  

Thoughts are a tool. The majority of them come from collective consciousness through the filter of own illusion of the ego. 

Once we awaken we can know what are our thoughts and what are not.

Being compelled by thoughts, simply means attachment to ego.

... 7 rabbits will live forever.                                                                                                                                                                                                  

10 minutes ago, Hellspeed said:

collective consciousness

What's that? Can you check it?

I think it is nonsense.
There is a comprehensive, general spirit that is contained everywhere, you could call it the Holy Spirit,
and there is a fallible, limited, individual mind.
In English language both are always called "mind".

1 hour ago, Norbert Lennartz said:

What's that? Can you check it?

I think it is nonsense.
There is a comprehensive, general spirit that is contained everywhere, you could call it the Holy Spirit,
and there is a fallible, limited, individual mind.
In English language both are always called "mind".

There are so many spirits that one lifetime is not enough just to count them. Individual mind is a trap. Only the awakened has the privillage to such individuallity. 

... 7 rabbits will live forever.