howdoistopobsessing

Do we live everyone's life an infinite amount of times?

48 posts in this topic

3 minutes ago, Mikael89 said:

Consciousness experiences it. 

Bingo. Which includes but is not exclusive to you.

And considering that everything still exists. Doesn't seem like consciousness minds it very much lol

6 minutes ago, Mikael89 said:

That doesn't solve the issue.

There is no issue. Thats the funny thing. :D It just is.

@Mikael89 You'll drive yourself nuts if you mix up perspectives like that. 

I've seen gorey videos. Rekt threads on 4chan will show you plenty. 

When I say one thing it doesn't inherently mean the opposite is false. I am providing emphasis on an aspect of reality/absolute. Paradoxes run wild. 

Don't worry, I know how to be pragmatic too. 

But again what we are doing here. Even being pragmatic, this discussion. We are playing right into the hands of consciousness. 

The ego does not want suffering.  It just wants pleasure.  It wants to survive at all costs.  But this is actually counter to Truth.  God wishes to experience himself in an infinite number of ways.   It is only by exploring itself and living through itself that it can know itself.  That is why deep suffering leads to Truth.   To the ego this can't be comprehended, it's extremely counter intuitive and very hard to grasp without mystical experiences.

Wisdom.  Truth.  Love.

57 minutes ago, Mikael89 said:

Maybe in your wishful thinking fantasy bubble.

Have you ever watched real gore videos on the internet? Where you can see people in horrific accidents, people getting murdered and tortured etc? You can see it all online. I've watched it. If you want a wake up call you could watch them.

Ask the victims if "it just is". Ask the victims if there's any issue. Your "it just is" wont help them. I don't care what you say about The Absolute, Isness, Being, yadda yadda, because for the victims the suffering is real. It might feel for you right now that "it just is", and everything is nice for you. But for other people it isn't like that, it's proved. And you (Consciousness) are those people.

I would probably get banned if I would tell you in detail what I have seen in videos, because people here couldn't stomach even the words. I would get banned even harder if I would give you links to the videos.

I agree man, I think theres a big difference between having the holier than thou "it just is" attitude when you stub your toe or your knees are getting achey in meditation, and having having your ass lowered on a cone that gets bigger and bigger until you just die lol. (I've never seen gore, but I read about lots of medieval shit which is really fucked up)

I mean, even jesus just had a few nails smashed thru his hands, obviously that's painful and all, but that's nothing compared to so much other shit that has gone down in human history. (and what about the baby deer that is watching its own guts get eaten by some predators

makes me feel fortunate to have the utterly boring and sexless life that I have right now lmao

Edited by passerby

I had to think about this a lot during an ayahuasca trip once and it just freaked me out, will I live this same moment an infinite amount of times?

If you go from A to B in infinity, there's an infinite amount of ways to get from A to B, so you could say you never arrive at A again (seems most correct).

But, if you have an infinite amount of time.. It should be that you get to that point, again, right? So maybe you will. 

Don't think so, but I don't know.

In any case, it doesn't matter, because it's not your experience that you experience everything as the same thing,

you see, when you try to get down to it, it just becomes indefinable, it's magic. 

Watching videos that disturb you, insisting that it make sense so you can be happy = overthinking & suffering. It’s literally choosing suffering, and pretending it’s the world’s fault, while perpetuating it and sharing it with others. So sneaky. 

MEDITATIONS TOOLS  ActualityOfBeing.com  GUIDANCE SESSIONS

NONDUALITY LOA  My Youtube Channel  THE TRUE NATURE

Btw, some people react different to pain, I can withstand really a lot of sensations, including high degrees of pain, how painful is pain without fear or identification? You don't know the life situation it arises in, you don't know what follows after, what happened prior, etc. 

This is all freaking me out like crazy. I can't focus on anything. I wish I would've never seen that video.

25 minutes ago, howdoistopobsessing said:

This is all freaking me out like crazy. I can't focus on anything. I wish I would've never seen that video.

It's possible that karma is real, and no gain in consciousness is lost, your subsequent lives will be higher and higher consciousness until you eventually reach nirvana. I could be wrong though.

“Words are like Leaves; And where they most abound, Much Fruit of Sense beneath is rarely found.”

44 minutes ago, howdoistopobsessing said:

That's your ego freaking out. Your ego won't be the one to experience it. Your ego is responsible for experiencing the human that you are right now. 

Would you be so against suffering if it was something you enjoyed or didn't care for? Probably not. Consciousness loves it all. 

Your ego is identifying as all and therefore is acting as if the ego will experience and remember all. It won't. You're probably gonna need to go deeper to get a better grasp on the connection between separation and oneness. 

Edited by Shadowraix

I wouldn't believe this video 100%.  Leo has flip flopped on his ideas before, including his Halloween video.  There seems to be some order in the universe, and it's not totally random.  If God has infinite wisdom and intelligence, he will use that to protect you/himself.  

30 minutes ago, SerpaeTetra said:

I wouldn't believe this video 100%.  Leo has flip flopped on his ideas before, including his Halloween video.  There seems to be some order in the universe, and it's not totally random.  If God has infinite wisdom and intelligence, he will use that to protect you/himself.  

Saying one thing doesn't make the opposite false in this work. When you speak of the absolute you can only highlight one facet of it. The flip flops you are seeing may just been him working on different facets of truth. Paradoxes run deep here. 

This topic is very interesting...

keep going guys :D 

2 hours ago, Shadowraix said:

Saying one thing doesn't make the opposite false in this work. When you speak of the absolute you can only highlight one facet of it. The flip flops you are seeing may just been him working on different facets of truth. Paradoxes run deep here. 

Leo states that "there are constraints on devilry", and @Shadowraix It is still not entirely clear to me how Infinity is reconciled with Beauty and Perfection."

If there are possible constraints, how can you say this video is surely accurate?  Maybe I'm missing something.

21 minutes ago, SerpaeTetra said:

Leo states that "there are constraints on devilry", and @Shadowraix It is still not entirely clear to me how Infinity is reconciled with Beauty and Perfection."

If there are possible constraints, how can you say this video is surely accurate?  Maybe I'm missing something.

Infinity is not infinity without constraints. Yet is also unconstrained. The observance of constraint though is more a mental model to point out a pattern though than some impossibility for God. 

But taking Leo's word for it is something you should most definitely NOT do. Leo's knowledge of the absolute is and will never be complete. 

I've only had glimpses of infinity. 

Edited by Shadowraix

19 minutes ago, Shadowraix said:

Infinity is not infinity without constraints. Yet is also unconstrained. The observance of constraint though is more a mental model to point out a pattern though than some impossibility for God. 

But taking Leo's word for it is something you should most definitely NOT do. Leo's knowledge of the absolute is and will never be complete. 

I've only had glimpses of infinity. 

Pattern sounds like order to me.

I don't think there is an impossibility for God.  I think one of the possibilities is that God eliminates a large amount of suffering and erases the memory of some of the worst experiences.  I think one of the possibilites is for God to recognize what is pleasant and unpleasant, and to dictate what future experiences will be. 

1 hour ago, SerpaeTetra said:

Pattern sounds like order to me.

I don't think there is an impossibility for God.  I think one of the possibilities is that God eliminates a large amount of suffering and erases the memory of some of the worst experiences.  I think one of the possibilites is for God to recognize what is pleasant and unpleasant, and to dictate what future experiences will be. 

Sure. It's kind of like multiverse theory. 

What happens if you collapse the order-chaos duality? ?