1liamo78

Complete nothingness

33 posts in this topic

2 minutes ago, 1liamo78 said:

@Inliytened1 that's why it's only a thought exercise , just an exercise on what would happen If there was a place where everything ended , not saying there is , just a thought 

get it ?

A Paradox?

Don’t you realize that all of you together are the temple of God and that the Spirit of God lives in you?
1 Corinthians 3:16

@1liamo78 There would be no bubble. You can imagine a bubble if you'd like, but even if you stick your hand outside of it, you haven't reached the end of anything.  Just the end of an imaginary bubble. I'm not 100% sure of everyone's use of the word "nothing", but I see it as no-thing. Endless form. There is no inside or outside, there's not even an object. And yet we also say that "everything" is contained within it. But if we say that there's no-thing, then there can't be an "every-thing" so the everything is imaginary. Does that help?

Check out my lucid dreaming anthology series, Stars of Clay  

@Inliytened1 it's just a mind bender, the bubble would not be floating , it wouldn't be falling , nothing to float upon and nothing to fall into , the bubble is transparent but there would be nothing to see "outside" so it wouldn't be dark or light and nothing for your eyes to see , really contemplate it and without any need for you to know, it's very difficult , remember it's not got anything to do with how things really are or are not 

1 minute ago, 1liamo78 said:

@Inliytened1 it's just a mind bender, the bubble would not be floating , it wouldn't be falling , nothing to float upon and nothing to fall into , the bubble is transparent but there would be nothing to see "outside" so it wouldn't be dark or light and nothing for your eyes to see , really contemplate it and without any need for you to know, it's very difficult , remember it's not got anything to do with how things really are or are not 

oh ok, well I stick my hand out of the bubble and it ends up popping in from the other side and scratches my back. very useful thank you!  

Check out my lucid dreaming anthology series, Stars of Clay  

43 minutes ago, 1liamo78 said:

@Serotoninluv sorry I don't quite understand , I'm not the brightest mind in the "bubble" haha, but basically I'm trying to understand what complete nothingness

I would say the direct experience in the moment is muuuch closer than trying to imagine, figure it out or explain. Yet I’ve found simple images can be helpful.

46 minutes ago, 1liamo78 said:

@Serotoninluv I imagined there was no anything at all but then somehow a bubble appeared

In this no anything, was there a sense that there was a “you” trying to imagine “nothing”? For example, in that space was there an observer that might think something like “wow, that nothingness is really cool”. Or, was there simply Nothing with no thoughts or observer? And then the bubble suddenly appeared with sudden awareness observing the bubble. In terms of thoughts, something like “whoa, a bubble. Hey, I’m back. What just happened? Did I disappear into Nothing just then”? Maybe not those exact thoughts, the “sense” of it is more important. 

In other words, was the appearance of the bubble necessary to realize there was Nothingness prior to the bubble? 

@seeking_brilliance it's not a question, just an exercise , after trying to imagine complete nothingness for some time , I sort of "got it " for a few seconds, and it created a profound experience , it might be because I'm not articulate enough but people don't seem to understand what I'm saying ✌️???

@Serotoninluv just me as I am now without tryin to think about any philosophical questions about inside this bubble, just a simple man with a simple mind in a transparent container that holds the normal laws of physics , this exercise gave me a feeling of nothingness for a short moment and it was profound , 

18 minutes ago, 1liamo78 said:

@Serotoninluv this exercise gave me a feeling of nothingness for a short moment and it was profound , 

I’ve had similar feelings and they’ve also had a profound impact on me ?  

You cannot imagine, symbolize, or qualify the Absolute in any way whatsoever.

So you might as well stop trying. It will never work and you will waste years of your life trying.

At some point you have to ditch all metaphor, maps, and symbols because none of them are the Absolute.

You must to the meditative practices.

You are God. You are Truth. You are Love. You are Infinity.

@1liamo78 Nothingness is not the space inside a bubble nor the space outside a bubble. It's Nothing. 

But even that is saying one word too much.