1liamo78

Complete nothingness

33 posts in this topic

The idea of complete nothingness is not an easy thing to imagine ,  use your imagination for a minute  and imagine that you are in a bubble and that bubble and its contents is the ONLY thing that exists, so what would you see as you look out the bubble , what force would stop your hand from reaching outside the bubble, if there is nothing outside there is nothing to put your hand into but also there could be no force to stop you? It's just a thought exercise 

@1liamo78 you cannot grasp Infinity with the mind.  You can only become it.  Because you ARE it.

Wisdom.  Truth.  Love.

@1liamo78 I’ve been observing images and imagination play out in my mind. It’s fascinating to observe what my mind and body considers “imagination” and “reality”. 

In the imagery you describe, it seems like “nothing” is based on lack of things outside of the bubble with things. Outside the bubble there are no things to make distinctions between. There is no thing relative to any other thing. Inside the bubble, we have things that we compare to each other. This is a carrot which is not that hammer. . . Could we also see everything inside the bubble as One thing? One Everything. There is only one thing - everything. That is the same as no-thing, nothing, because there are no longer two things to be compared to each other. 

@Serotoninluv sorry I don't quite understand , I'm not the brightest mind in the "bubble" haha, but basically I'm trying to understand what complete nothingness Would be like (weather there "is" such a thing or not).  Especially that point I made , putting your hand out the bubble, there would be nothing to put your hand into but there would be no force to stop it, I was trying to imagine complete nothingness for a while and I imagined there was no anything at all but then somehow a bubble appeared with myself in it and that was everything , the whole universe, not contemplating what's inside the bubble but only outside , even though there is no outside, for me it's a mind fuk

@1liamo78 try to picture something formless.  Can you do it?

No because it will have to have SOME type of form to imagine it.

Whatever you are imagining is it, Isn't it.

Get it?

Wisdom.  Truth.  Love.

When I think of nothingness  I imagine like the universe, with no stars in it. Just everything pure black and my mind. 

That's what comes to my mind. Lol

Don’t you realize that all of you together are the temple of God and that the Spirit of God lives in you?
1 Corinthians 3:16

3 minutes ago, Inliytened1 said:

@1liamo78 try to picture something formless.  Can you do it?

No because it will have to have SOME type of form to imagine it.

Whatever you are imagining is it, Isn't it.

Get it?

True

?

Don’t you realize that all of you together are the temple of God and that the Spirit of God lives in you?

2 minutes ago, abrakamowse said:

When I think of nothingness  I imagine like the universe, with no stars in it. Just everything pure black and my mind. 

That's what comes to my mind. Lol

It's still a vaccum in which there are things in it, in this case, black and empty.

Real emptiness must be nothing we could imagine ever.

God is love

Whoever lives in love lives in God

And God in them

3 minutes ago, Inliytened1 said:

@abrakamowse that's still form of some type though.

Just sharing what I imagine. I know it's not real. Just imagination.

?

@Inliytened1 no , because that is not what I am trying to do, not trying to imagine anything formless. Don't think you understand my question 

@1liamo78 nothingness has no form.  Even the word nothing is just a pointer.  Thus in this case whatever your ideas of nothingness are is not nothingness.  Be careful not to fall into a trap on what your ideas of nothingness are.  

Wisdom.  Truth.  Love.

@Inliytened1 I think it may be an impossible question to answer , and may show that complete nothingness can't "be" . If the universe was finite there would be nothing to enter after the end but no force to stop you , 

@Shin yeah but there would be no black , no vacuum , no space empty or not , but it's very difficult to imagine complete nothingness , maybe there is no such thing?

The universe is Infinite.  Only your persepctive is finite.  But at the same time you are still the whole universe.

Wisdom.  Truth.  Love.

3 minutes ago, 1liamo78 said:

@Shin yeah but there would be no black , no vacuum , no space empty or not , but it's very difficult to imagine complete nothingness , maybe there is no such thing?

The problem is our capacity to imagine. Can you imagine a world with 4 dimensions? Or 5? Does that mean it doesn't exist?

Just now, 1liamo78 said:

Imagination is a subset of Nothingness/Infinity.

By definition it can't imagine something infinitely "larger" than him.

Could you imagine what being an adult was when you had 3 years old ?

How far from reality was that ?

Did you even had the capacity to imagine it in the first place ?

God is love

Whoever lives in love lives in God

And God in them

@Inliytened1 that's why it's only a thought exercise , just an exercise on what would happen If there was a place where everything ended , not saying there is , just a thought 

get it ?

Thats why in the beginning of the thread i mentioned that you can only become it.  

Wisdom.  Truth.  Love.