Aldo

How developed is Jim Carrey

34 posts in this topic

Jim Carrey for you that do not know him is an amazing and extraordinary actor. Recently he has been more and more involved in spirituality.

For what he is saying in that interview I think he's in a good path. Who can we know how developed is him? I think he's pretty good, at least much more than most of the people.

Edited by abrakamowse

Don’t you realize that all of you together are the temple of God and that the Spirit of God lives in you?
1 Corinthians 3:16

Jim Carey has been mentored by Eckhart Tolle and from what I can tell his awakening is legit.

Thanks for the video. Anyways, I liked how he said, something to the effect of, that while playing a character, he had to forget about Jim Carrey and one day said to himself, "if it's this easy to forget about Jim Carrey, then who is Jim Carrey?" 

“You don’t have problems; you are the problem.”

– Swami Chinmayananda

Namaste ? ?

I think his understanding is very shallow, I don't know anything about him, but he seems like he haven't really suffered, so he doesn't really know what he is talking about.

I'm judging from this video only.

2 minutes ago, Truth Addict said:

I think his understanding is very shallow, I don't know anything about him, but he seems like he haven't really suffered, so he doesn't really know what he is talking about.

Suffering is a requirement to enlightenment ?

God is love

Whoever lives in love lives in God

And God in them

4 minutes ago, Shin said:

What is enlightenment?

I said that his understanding is shallow. Suffering is one of the greatest teachers there is. Not because suffering is painful, but because suffering is an experience that everyone tries to avoid all the time.

So, more suffering = more experience = more understanding

Edited by Truth Addict

14 minutes ago, Truth Addict said:

From what I know about JC he suffered plenty - years of depression, broken marriages and long term relationships, the suicide of his late girlfriend. His trade as a comedian was an escape from the intense suffering he endured for years.

Edited by Natasha

@Truth Addict

2min, 31secs

He is discussing briefly an awakening in 2009.

https://youtu.be/uIaY0l5qV0c

Ps, Jim Carrey has been open about his depression and ADHD in the past.

– Swami Chinmayananda

Namaste ? ?

Just now, Truth Addict said:

@Natasha

Then perhaps my intuition was wrong.

I think he just hid it pretty well from the public eye for years. 

@Natasha Yeah, look what happened to Robin Williams one of the best comedians ever. Hung himself.?

– Swami Chinmayananda

Namaste ? ?

18 minutes ago, Shin said:

good question. although i've never even heard of an enlightened human being who found his peace without being triggered by suffering, i do think that suffering is the genuine fuel for enlightenment to happen.

even for those who seek enlightenment motivated by love... the very act of seeking is a manifestation of dissatisfaction, which is also a form of suffering.

unborn Truth

Just now, ajasatya said:

good question. although i've never even heard of an enlightened human being who found his peace without being triggered by suffering, i do think that suffering is the genuine fuel for enlightenment to happen.

even for those who seek enlightenment motivated by love... the very act of seeking is a manifestation of dissatisfaction, which is also a form of suffering.

Some very rare person surely did it just with curiosity I guess.

When you suffer like Jim Carrey did, usually you don't talk about it, you tend to hide it to not hurt even more people (because they get empathic towards you).

God is love

And God in them

1 minute ago, Anna1 said:

@Natasha Yeah, look what happened to Robin Williams one of the best comedians ever. Hung himself.?

Anna, I was just going to mention RW too. Just shows intense suffering does not always lead to awakening. There must be other factors at play I guess.

3 minutes ago, Shin said:

the closest example from what you're saying that i know of is from a book called "the surrender experiment" by michael a. singer. and even his story involves suffering!

unborn Truth

@Natasha Very true!

– Swami Chinmayananda

Namaste ? ?

18 minutes ago, Shin said:

Desire of Truth for Truth’s sake can be powerful energy for some humans. 

10 minutes ago, ajasatya said:

the closest example from what you're saying that i know of is from a book called "the surrender experiment" by michael a. singer. and even his story involves suffering!

Peter Ralston.

God is love

And God in them

I think suffering can help as a way to scape to that idea that we are suffering if we have had some religious or spiritual background before.

If there's not that background in your family or in yourself (you weren't interested in spirituality) then you can stay in a loop that the only scape can be suicide or chronic depression, or other symptoms, who knows?

Don’t you realize that all of you together are the temple of God and that the Spirit of God lives in you?
1 Corinthians 3:16