arlin

Is existence conscious of itself?

291 posts in this topic

No

... 7 rabbits will live forever.                                                                                                                                                                                                  

@Drake140 It’s fine to relate an experience/religious quote/religious insight to an OP’s topic. As well, sometimes a thread can take a detour (with the consent of the OP) that leads to fuitful discussion. Or a thread might have a bit of random humor sprinkled in. 

Yet, it’s not ok to derail an OP’s topic into a new topic of discussing/interpreting/debating/propagandizing a religious text/beliefs (or another off-topic). Occasionally, a person will do this across multiple threads.  There is also a meta view to consider.

13 minutes ago, Serotoninluv said:

Have you watched Leo’s video on 65 keys for a good life? It’s one of my favorites for looking at the big picture of life.

I have not yet, thank you for the suggestion!

14 minutes ago, Nahm said:

Which is your direct experience? 

I think awareness? icsdi xD 

14 minutes ago, Drake140 said:

I don't see the problem with any religious preaching on this forum, because most here consider them wrong or corrupted so what difference does it make if a bunch of people claim otherwise? I mean this place is full of enlightened people, at least so they claim, so i don't get the need to ban or rejected others who in the same way of thinking claim to have found the truth unless it is fear to be convinced.

@Drake140 We've been more then tollerant of @Soul-lover 2020 by allowing him his "space" where he could express his learned views about Christanity so as to maybe have an open minded discussion there (do you think a Christian forum would have allowed a non-dualist even that much freedom on their forum?) I think not.

The thing is he is now injecting his Christian views onto other members non-dual topics and that is what is distracting/hi-jacking/derailing.

@Drake140 it's totally understandable how you guys feel.  This is a very radical paradigm shift.  We have spent our whole lives growing up in the materialist paradigm, and also believing in whatever religion you are raised on.  For example i was raised as a Jew.   And with 99.9% of the planet still Materialists if i was you i wouldn't believe it either.  That's Truth for you though.  It can't be proven with science or language or reason.

But there was always a part of me, i guess Leo calls it soul/spirit but i call it intuition..that was bothered by the question of "If a tree falls in the forest and there is no perceiver, does it make a sound?" 

That question was brought up to me when i was like 18 years old and it bothered me ever since.   I just waved it off as something we will never know and went on with life how I was raised.

So when i discovered non-duality at 48 and did the spiritual work, the mystical experience happened.  During a mystical experience the Truth is laid bare before your eyes as Actual.  There is no denying it.  Your previous beliefs melt away in a mind blowing moment of recontexualization.

That question was answered after multiple experiences and multiple realizations.

The truth of the matter is Reality is an Absolute Relativity.  It is so relative that it comes full circle to be Absolutely so.

The answer to that question is there is only Being there.  Pure consciousness or pure potential.  Formlessness. Perspectives are what create form.

It's amazing. 

Edited by Inliytened1

Wisdom.  Truth.  Love.

48 minutes ago, Nahm said:

Do you?

Do i? do i think awareness? 

where are you leading me?

Edited by arlin

Just now, arlin said:

Do i? do i think awareness? 

where are you leading me?

Nowhere fortunately.

God is love

Whoever lives in love lives in God

And God in them

12 minutes ago, arlin said:

what?

Close your eyes

Follow your breath

Wait until ...

?

God is love

And God in them

nothing would happen?

i don't understand you ahaha :) 

@Drake140 indeed the rules are content within reality.  But the future of mankind is to become mystics.  This could be hundreds of years from now.   I don't know.  

Reality is fundamentally mystical..you can shift from something finite..or content within reality..to become reality itself.  Its via mysticism not logic or reason - for that is couched inside reality and cannot reach outside to grasp reality itself.

Wisdom.  Truth.  Love.

@Drake140 like i was telling David Hammond..you don't ignore the content within reality.  To do so would be a mistake.  It is your duty to learn all that there is to learn of the rules as you call them.

Scientists can discover every corner of the universe.

Knowledge of physics and quantum mechanics is vital.

Historians can teach and write history as this is very important.

Having a political view and participating in political efforts to improve mankind is vital.

An increase in consciousness through Awakening doesnt hinder one in this regard it just strengthens one's Love for it all.

Edited by Inliytened1

Wisdom.  Truth.  Love.

@Drake140 Do you know what transrational is? You don't have to ignore logic but be aware of the limits of it. I think this is what he is trying to tell you.

Edited by arlin

54 minutes ago, arlin said:

nothing would happen?

i don't understand you ahaha :) 

199fabec528b20502c58df6d1cf07512.jpg

God is love

And God in them

10 minutes ago, Drake140 said:

For me becoming aware of the equivalent logic of the materialism model is crucial, but that is just me, if you want to chose another model without that logic, i guess it's your choice and we just got to respect it.

Do you think it’s possible to have a model that includes logic within the model? Or is it either/or? I.e. it can only be a model that is all logic or a model that is no logic.

This isn’t a “gotcha” question. I spent 20 years of my adult life immersed in a purely logical scientific model. I now think it’s possible to have a model that includes logic, yet is not restricted to logic. And I think there is value in pursuing logic, without being limited to logic. Quite often, it seems logic is looked down upon in spiritual circles. Yet I see it as a valuable tool in certain contexts.

@arlin precisely.

I encourage all of you to listen to Leo's episode Quantum Mechanics debunks Materialism.  It will explain this very topic.

You can also study Quantum Mechanics which i have to a decent extent.  You will see where Materialism breaks down but today's scientists don't wanna see it.  It's too radical.

Edited by Inliytened1

Wisdom.  Truth.  Love.