Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
SriBhagwanYogi

Wim Hoff method

12 posts in this topic

Who here is doing his breathing method or something similiar... 

I do it before meditation / self inquiry but more i do it more stress releases i have but it lasts for 2 3 days old emotions come up suddenly i feel like sad almost crying so weird. 

Is it normal part of the process? 

@SriBhagwanYogi

Yeah I've been doing it recently too, coupled with cold showers. Are you doing any cold exposure aswell?

With the wim hof breathing your going deeper & deeper into your physiology. And this may bring up suppressed feelings.

Not to worry, these suppressed emotions create blockages in the subtle body & hinder circulation and aliveness. If you gota scream! Go for it, if you gota cry your eyes out, go for it! In the end its very healing.

I've only been doing cold showers. I tend to get a feeling of almost passing out during those.

Might try the breathing method.

I got nothing.

23 minutes ago, Swagala said:

I've only been doing cold showers. I tend to get a feeling of almost passing out during those.

Might try the breathing method.

Follow the technique, the breathing lessens your reaction to the cold 

The wim hof method got me in to meditation. I find the periods of breath retention very powerful. You're entire body it still so you can feel everything moving and buzzing. I feel that the breating technique resembles the shamanic breathing. I haven't done it more than 5 sets because it was was to strainyous, but is you see videos of the course where they are doing the breating for more than 45min at a time then the participants seem to have the same experience as during the shamanic breathing. Good stuff!

Did it this winter when it was -20 outside and i was walking home, it works really well actually. 

Dont look at me! Look inside!

I'm thinking of doing this daily again. I have a ton of resistance and tension in my body, lots of blocks. Sometimes it's hard to do the breathing so I think I need to just release, let go and breath into the resistance to let it go. 

Edited by SoothedByRain

We are all one spark, eyes full of wonder

“Take the lowest place, and you shall reach the highest.” 

“In the monastery of your heart, you have a temple where all Buddhas unite.” - Milarepa 

@SriBhagwanYogi Just curious but what are the benefits of the cold showers - do they open your chakras more?

The reason I ask is that i started using the gym about 2 years ago which has a sauna..so I do about 20 minutes of intense dry heat, then an ice cold shower.

I also do about 20 minutes in the steam room and then an ice cold shower.

I just wonder if doing this for the months before i had my mystical experience that it helped open me up more.

I honestly think it did but it's just intuition.  I was just wondering if you guys had heard anything as to why it is good for spirituality.

By the way that chick is pretty hot (no pun intended)

Edited by Inliytened1

Wisdom.  Truth.  Love.