Yahya

Give me personal advice for school.

22 posts in this topic

I am a grade 10 student. Now my school year is coming to the end. I need advice from you people. From my last nine years I was not a good student. I had failed the majority of my classes at school however I still got graduated from grade one to grade nine in nine years. I am now going to start grade 10 next year. My question is how can I transform my failure at school to a top student. I want to be a topper rather than a failure student. I cannot continue failing in my studies I really want to be a top student. My average right now is 52% for grade nine. I really want to get a 98% rather than a 52% at school. My question is that how do I do that? What advice do you guys have so that I can do that? I tried so many things at actualized.org and they all are very difficult or almost not working. I cannot continue failing my classes so please give any any real world advice to be a topper in school and earn the top scholarship. Also it seems very difficult for me to get full marks in every single assignments and test. Anyways do you guys have any advice to give me in order to get 98% on my report card at school because I cannot continue failing my classes throughout the next school year.

Thank you.

The best advice I would tell my younger self is to quit school as soon as possible.

Whether or not you go to school, the following videos will help you nail down basics of life.

If you nail down basics of life, your grades will go up naturally, and you will improve everything else across the board.

You don't want to just improve grades. You want to improve everything. You want to become hot. You want to have good relationships. You want to make money. And so on.

Edited by CreamCat

I need more advice.

@Yahya

First, do you believe this is possible for you?

Then start from the most fundamental foundational aspects and work your way up...Write this out on paper so you can see it and gain clarity...

How is your sleep schedule? 

How is your diet?

How is exercise?

How is your meditation?

How much fun are you having regardless of what you’re doing in the moment? (How is your attitude in general)

How are your relationships? (How is your esteem?)

Do you have a support person?  (a coach / someone who is helping you get disciplined)

What does your time allocation schedule look like?     How are doing with sticking to it?

How is your focus vs overthinking (lack of concentration)?

What resources are you using daily to develop positive effective psychology?

How do you change your state / mindset, as needed?

Why is it important specifically for you, for your specifically desired future goals, to do your best in school? What will a solid education and self improvement open up for you? 

MEDITATIONS TOOLS  ActualityOfBeing.com  GUIDANCE SESSIONS

NONDUALITY LOA  My Youtube Channel  THE TRUE NATURE

I will be honest with you: It is very difficult to turn around nine years of bad habits in a single year. Most likely you will fail at getting a near-perfect grade. But you can improve.

Having someone who you are accountable to is a great first step. A school counselor is a good option if one is available, but you also should have a peer of your own age. They don't necessarily have to be a study partner, but it doesn't hurt to have one. This person will be the one you talk to when you don't want to do the hard work, and hopefully they will encourage you to stick with it.

The next thing you should do is as Nahm said: investigate yourself and your life. If you are having significant personal issues (diet, sleep schedule, etc), it's difficult to focus on improving your academics. 

Third, figure out what it is that's holding you back. Are you bad at taking exams? If so, talk to your teacher openly and honestly about that issue and ask if there's an alternative option. Perhaps taking the exam after school in a quiet space would be an option your school might allow. On the other hand, that simply may be out of the question for your school. How are you at taking notes? Focus on taking notes that you can use later to study for exams. This doesn't mean writing down everything you see, but it might involve highlighting things you don't understand so you can come back to them later. Do you do the homework or struggle with staying consistent? Homework sounds boring, but it's teaching you to do things over and over so that when the exams come, you don't have to think about how to do something. You'll already know. Do you talk to the teachers after school? Tell them you're struggling and want to improve, and most good teachers will bend over backwards to help you.

Several people have already stated this, but it bears repeating: You don't need to be successful in school to be successful in life. If you still fail after giving it your all, your life isn't over. Don't measure your value based on your grade. You are so much more than a number.

However, that's not to deter you from trying your best. There are definitely opportunities out there that are only available to someone with a college degree. Even if those opportunities are not your end goal, there's nothing wrong with trying to improve yourself. I commend you for identifying something you feel you can improve and taking steps to better yourself. It takes a certain amount of strength to do that, and that strength will serve you well.

I understand that this advice is not exactly the most enlightened advice focused on improving your spirituality. I'm focused on answering your question regardless of your spiritual state. But don't neglect that aspect either. There is some excellent advice here that might even contradict my own.

The first step on a spiritual journey is to realize that everything you know to be true could be false.
The final step is the same.

-=+=-

Do not look forward to getting a diploma. Enjoy every class you take. Hang out with A+ students. 

Do you revise the stuff you learnt that day after school?

When I was in 10th grade I had a little thought that said drop out. Now I see how it could of saved me a lot of hustle and struggle if I dropped out. Really consider if you want to stay at school or not. School is leading you to a 9-5 job lifestyle. Is that what you want or do you want more freedom? I would also suggest saving money and getting the life purpose course which will help you most definitely. Start questioning and inquiring now about the future.

8 hours ago, Yahya said:

7 hours ago, Yahya said:

@bejapuskas This is because I don't have time in my schedule.

But how can someone become a top student, when they don't study for school? It doesn't work like this bro.

My advice

Don't optimize your life toward getting the best grades possible.

You should figure out your life purpose before even thinking about getting good grades.

Depending on your life purpose, getting good grades is merely a distraction. Getting good grades was a huge distraction for me in the past. For example, does a professional soccer player benefit from the best grades possible?

You can go fast in wrong directions. Find your direction, first. Think about driving a car. In corners, you slow down. On straight roads, you accelerate. The same applies to life.

Leo Gura's life purpose course can help you find and optimize your life purpose, but if you are low on money, just watch Leo's free videos.

Edited by CreamCat

@CreamCat but I heard that the course are for entrepreneur and not for those who will work full time job.

39 minutes ago, Yahya said:

@CreamCat but I heard that the course are for entrepreneur and not for those who will work full time job.

Think about it this way. Life purpose course is far cheaper than the entire cost of getting a degree from a college if you decide that college doesn't serve your life purpose.

Your life purpose could involve having a full-time job for a while or many years.

I think life purpose is for everyone.

The line between being an employee and being an entrepeneur can become blurry as you progress in your career.

Also, consider that your life purpose will evolve as you evolve.

That said, you don't have to purchase life purpose course to figure out your life purpose although it can help.

My tip for life purpose is that you should dabble with many things before pouring a lot of time, money, and energy into one thing or a few things. For example, majoring in computer science without knowing whether you really want to live the life of a computer engineer is a stupid move. If you are interested in computer science, become an intern at a large software company and watch computer engineers in action. Ask them questions.

In my case, decades of education were wasted on things I was not really interested in. After finding my life purpose, I realized I wasted two decades of my life on distractions that schools fed me with. Find your life purpose before it's too late.

Edited by CreamCat

@Mezanti Sorry, I did not meant to reply to CreamCat but to Mezanti.

Thank you for all the replies.

This question should be asked for yourself.