Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
sausagehead

How do you surrender?

11 posts in this topic

I’ve always struggled with surrender and I believe I’ve found the answer I’ve been looking for. Before my version of surrender was to “let go” as much as possible in order to hopefully feel better but if I didn’t get the result of feeling better (more at peace) then I’d feel like I’m not doing something right and I would try to do it better. I’ve came to the conclusion that anytime I’m doing surrender then it’s not surrender, especially if I’m hoping to get a result, like feeling better, out of it because I’m actually trying to control something. (my state of being)

The whole problem here seems to be the illusion of control. Isn’t the only way to surrender is by reminding yourself that you’re not actually in control of anything (thoughts feelings actions)? Without this awareness there always seems to be an element of  control in the way of total surrender.

It’s kinda like how compassion can only come as a consequence of understanding. Can total surrender only come from this awareness?

Watch how your mind tries to cling to a process in order to surrender. There is only awareness. Be that❤️

"Can total surrender only come from this awareness?" 

This awareness is not separate from you 

Sailing on the ceiling 

Surrender is really counter-intuitive. Sometimes surrendering actually means taking action. Sometimes it's being brave enough to ask a question when you are really scared of the answer. Be aware of your own feelings of resistance and be aware of the times that you are in a flow state. Becoming better at staying in a flow state and gaining intuition while in that state will make you more aware of when and how to surrender when it's called for. 

My Youtube Channel- Light on Earth “We dance round in a ring and suppose, but the Secret sits in the middle and knows.”― Robert Frost

Maybe it's easier to approach it from another direction?

What is the opposite of surrender? It could be "not letting go" or "clinging" or "identifying with something" .  Go through all the things you think are opposite.

For each opposite ask yourself: "how do I cling?", "how do I identify" etc.  Really examine each one in detail. And then work on each one individually.

All stories and explanations are false.

@sausagehead Sit down, write your goodbye letters, reminisce on the good times, the people. Genuinely say goodbye for good to all of it. Say goodbye to what you accomplished so far, and goodbye to all the things you thought you’d do or be. Express your appreciation for the earth and air one last time. Close your eyes and be done. 

You’ll either have an awakening, or a deeper sense of surrender (and awareness of attachment). 

MEDITATIONS TOOLS  ActualityOfBeing.com  GUIDANCE SESSIONS

NONDUALITY LOA  My Youtube Channel  THE TRUE NATURE

I can’t imagine fully surrendering without psychedelics. I think I would need to be in a dark room solitary confinement for an extended period - some heavy suffering. For me, to get that last bit of surrender, I can have no control. There is no way to make it stop, even if I wanted to. Yet after a mind has been through it several times, it starts getting easier, since there is less egoic resistance.

However, it’s much easier to fully let go. For me, sensory deprivation tanks work well.

@sausagehead

9 hours ago, sausagehead said:

struggled with surrender

Stop struggling.

Even if you can't surrender, you still can certainly accept that.

So, accept that.

❤️

Who is the "I" or "me" that surrenders?
In the absence of the idea or belief in a personal identity of an "I" or "me", who or what are you? What is present?

It's not like you can surrender to something. To surrender means to give up. You can give up what ever you decide it doesn't serve you any more. You decide you're done with it. You decide it's silly, false, in the past. 

53 minutes ago, iamme said:

You can give up what ever you decide it doesn't serve you any more. You decide you're done with it. You decide it's silly, false, in the past. 

Full surrender goes even deeper than that. One must also surrender the capacity to make those decisions. The self completely loses all control of the narrative. It can't decide anything. It can't do anything. It can't change whatever is happening or make whatever is happening stop.

@sausagehead Like the profile pic. "Joe Camel" Subliminal messaging in advertising at it's finest.