Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
sausagehead

Is life a joke that we take too seriously?

10 posts in this topic

It seems like taking ourselves and life less serious of one of the best perscriptions for more peace and joy and less depression and inhibition.. This could be just a personal issue that I’m projecting onto others but we all seem to take everything from our thoughts to our actions pretty seriously considering how much nothing really matters. Take a teenager with a pimple on their nose for example, chances are they will stress out over it even though a tiny red bump that no one will notice in an infinite universe is pretty insignificant.

Isnt this why we struggle to be authentic because we take our “self” too seriously even though there isn’t an actual self to defend? 

Edited by sausagehead
Took my error too seriously

@sausagehead its very easy to fall into a narrow minded way of thinking. Which is why it's important to balance the "seriousness" of life with play, and things that lighten us up. 

As someone who tends to take things very seriously, i can tell ya first hand that it can make you very rigid, especially in terms of emotions and how you treat people.

@sausagehead

Life is what you make it: a joke, a play, a war, a struggle, a purpose, an emotion, a seeking, survival, happiness, whatever.

And that's the beauty of it.

But you can also see it as ugly, it's really up to none but 'you' .

Edited by Truth Addict

@sausagehead Survival 

This red pimple on a teenager's face may lessen his chances to get a mate, therefore, he is programmed to care by evolution.

"Buddhism is for losers and those who will die one day."

-- Kenneth Folk

"Angels can fly because they take themselves lightly." :)

1 hour ago, Enlightenment said:

@sausagehead Survival 

This red pimple on a teenager's face may lessen his chances to get a mate, therefore, he is programmed to care by evolution.

Yup it seems that is all about and this spiritual stuff makes you less and less efficient in that. I was at the party and many girls watched me since I go to gym and I doesn't look bad either. But I become so passive so dead. I don't want to manipulate deceive talk or anything I am Just this dead stare. As male you have to be active but dunno I don't even consider myself human anymore. 

Depersonalization and derealization is serious stuff need to go to psychologist. 

@sausagehead Couldn't agree more. A lot of "paralysis by analysis" going on. That's certainly no fun. Laugh dammit! Lol

"It can't be that lame, you know?" Terence McKenna