kieranperez

Amazing BatGap Interview - Harri Aalto (Enlightened Since 4)

131 posts in this topic

@Leo Gura I feel that i cant fit in society and had a lot of suffering because of it....its good that i dont mind to be alone...what should person like this do?Try fit in?

Who teaches us whats real and how to laugh at lies? Who decides why we live and what we'll die to defend?Who chain us? And who holds the Key that can set us free? 

It's you.

You have all the weapons you need 

Now fight.

21 minutes ago, NoSelfSelf said:

@Leo Gura I feel that i cant fit in society and had a lot of suffering because of it....

You and 99% of humans. That's normal. That's just a consequence of being disconnected from your True Self and enmeshed in the Matrix of culture.

Your survival almost entirely hinges on surviving within the Matrix of culture. Misalignment here can easily get you killed, so ego struggles and suffers a lot to navigate this domain successfully.

what should person like this do? Try fit in?

In practice you should do both:

1) Try to fit in within reason. Don't bend over backwards but also don't rock the boat too much. You don't want to be locked in jail, or punched in the face, or sued, or fired by your boss. So in this sense you must fit in within reason. But most people go way beyond this, trying to fit in far too much to the point of becoming a slave to impressing others.

2) Work towards awakening and transcending your biographical and social identity. With this a great relief will come and you'll find yourself able to fit in without struggling to fit in. You will just flow with life and you won't worry to much about playing social roles. Yet at the same time you will still be able to play them, but consciously rather than reactively. So you won't suffer from not fitting in the way you do now. You will find your unique personality and place in life and you will stop caring how others judge you. It will not affect your happiness because you'll be totally grounded in your authentic personality and in your heart.

What people don't realize is that an enormous part of their identity is social. We'll discuss that in future videos. Very few spiritual teachings discuss this aspect of waking up.

You are God. You are Truth. You are Love. You are Infinity.

I agree that not everyone is equally predisposed to spiritual growth. If anyone's discouraged by this, I'd like to make some points, based on my journey so far, that perhaps could be motivating.

- I've found that spiritual growth is distinctly more pliable than other pursuits and with a good approach, you won't struggle as much with things like plateauing or arrested development.  

-The more you progress the more natural things will become. You will have fewer issues, more clarity, and surrender comes more and more naturally. Not to mention with experience, if you've learned well, you tend not to get so caught up in stumbling blocks, and you'll develop a stronger feel for the kinds of things (behaviors, choices, circumstances) that are conducive to growth.  

-Your physiology will adapt as you become more conscious (I'm not sure about the limitations).  Purifying the mind and energetic system will make it healthier and more efficient. Your baseline predisposition to clarity, insight, wisdom, surrender, etc. is malleable. 

-While there are general trends and characteristics that across the board are more conducive to awakening, which people may naturally possess to differing degrees, there is a huge amount of variety in people's personal characteristics, and you may find that something which is holding your talent back gets resolved, and then you may progress much more easily.

Not saying anyone was discouraging here, but I thought this could be beneficial in case anyone felt that way. Our capacity for transformation is huge. :)

2 hours ago, Leo Gura said:

What people don't realize is that an enormous part of their identity is social. We'll discuss that in future videos. Very few spiritual teachings discuss this aspect of waking up.

It’s a habit you pick up. I really realized this when I looked into the background of my own avoidance when it comes to money. I realized money was never part of my self/character as something that was ever really that important. I investigsged this and within a matter of less than a minute realized that I invented avoidance tactics to cope with my dysfunctional household because my mom sabotaged our family’s finances due to her mental illness. Not only that (going into identification and the source of how one accurate their character) my dad pointed out all these tendencies in me because I had mental health stuff so avoidance went beyond an overlooked avoidance/coping tactic but sneakily invented this part in my self that didn’t have much concern for money and that I didn’t want to be involved with such matters... and that’s just one aspect.

When you realize just how deep your “social self” runs your life and how false it is.. it’s shocking. That’s the number one thing I’m noticing right now for me. I dont know about anybody else but for me I’ve become completely clueless about how to relate to my own experience, myself, and to other people authentically since the notion of self still is deeply embedded and I still have a lot of neurosis and trauma to work through. 

Emotions are like the circuitry that keep that running and changing that is beyond mediation. It’s fucking hard and extremely confusing. Especially if you’re not that far along. 

Ralston is gold when it comes to this stuff.

I will say though, as far as talent... I’m noticing the more open I become the more I’ve experienced more paranormal stuff happening in terms of random astral projections as I sleep, chakras firing off before I go to bed, 3rd eye openings, etc. and also just a bigger motivation for Truth. 

@kieranperez The danger when discussing talent is that people get the wrong idea that if they are not talented, they cannot become a lot better. This is false. Even if you are not spirituality talented, you can absolutely train yourself to be massively spiritual. It will just take more work.

Talent is a real thing. But talent alone is never enough and it's a terrible life strategy to expect to coast on your talent. It is also a mistake to not do spirituality because you are not talented at it. It's worth doing regardless of your talent.

2 hours ago, Vinnie said:

My two cents. 

That hits the nail on the head! Amen

That's what it's like to be spiritually attuned. It's like being a different human being. People like that are not common.

The reason I am able to do Actualized.org is because I have some degree of this attunement (but not any paranormal abilities). It comes naturally to me. But even so, I have to struggle really hard to actualize it and live up to my full potential. Do not assume that it just comes effortlessly. With great intelligence comes great responsibility.

Time to contact those fuckin elves and steal all their juicy elf knowledge! :D

@Vinnie Great video ? 

I find it interesting that he only uses low doses of psychedelics.

12 minutes ago, Serotoninluv said:

@Vinnie Great video ? 

I find it interesting that he only uses low doses of psychedelics.

He is like me: we only need mild doses for crazy depth.

Although I have never contacted an elf on mushrooms nor does that seem possible to me. Maybe on N,N-DMT though.

On 20mg of 5-MeO I have total omniscience. It's crazy!

3 minutes ago, Leo Gura said:

He is like me: we only need mild doses for crazy depth.

Although I have never contacted an elf on mushrooms nor does that seem possible to me. Maybe on N,N-DMT though.

On 20mg of 5-MeO I have total omniscience. It's crazy!

Do you think that once the egoic noise dissolves that psychedelics can heightened one’s natural spiritual abilities? After 60 or so trips, there seemed to be a shift in my mind/body’s relationship with reality. 

I don’t contact beings or go omniscient - yet I often get taken to hyper empathic paranormal zones. A couple times, it’s like I have a type of magic wand. 

@Leo Gura I think people underestimate the degree to which they can shift. I’ll give a simple example of my own backstory:

I’ve always had the body of a runner. Though I used to be a lot shorter (relative to my classmates I was usually always one of the smallest), I’m now 6’0”. I’ve always been very skinny yet athletic with a borderline freakish metabolism. 

However I always was one of the slowest. I always admired fast people as a kid. Looked cool they way they moved. However when i was a on team sport when it was time to run, I lost to all the fat kids. I was already tried in school when it came to PE and in 6th grade we ran the mile and I ran 12ish minutes trying with everything. I remember being dead.

I can’t explain what happened but I remember all of a sudden something changed in my running. All of a sudden something in my form/experience changed. It was more doable. I was getting faster. So much so that by the end of 7th grade I was under 6 for the mile and I was then one of the fastest in my county and then a year later I was beating kids who have now gone on to be professional athletes, state champs, and national class runners. 

The talent I have in running (which if you look at my times I’m really not that special - I’m definitely not up there at all) stayed the same. Though sometimes it takes a fortunate change in experience, you can also do that consciously - which is just what we call personal development. 

I personally don’t know much about the deep science of the brain and nervous system as far as talent. I have though met and have friends who are Olympic medal winners, met Zen masters, etc. and I’ve also had those moments where I’ve fallen short of my goal but in doing so still give what I had... and man. You don’t need to be an Olympian, Enlightened Jesus that’s at whatever “idea” stage of development that can read minds and walk on water, etc. to get the satisfaction of giving everything you had. You don’t need to be a freak of nature to have that satisfaction. Consciousness work and mastery beyond spirituality (in - your - art, philosophy, your impact - small or big - etc.) to me just seems like the area most worth doing that in. 

I think people, and I fall into this too, fall into this trap of needing to reach this mythical perfection across all boards because they really struggle with the fact that they can’t accept their limitations and thus try to overcompensate. I did that with my running for years as my buddies got better and started winning and I still was going nowhere and I just lived in my fantasies trying to compensate because I couldn’t cope with the reality that I’m just not as good as those guys despite how hard I worked and how much I loved the sport. 

When you can disregard all of that and walk your path, that’s how you know you’re on the right path... and that’s just fine.

@kieranperez Definitely don't go chasing mystical perfection.

Do you! Just do you.

2 hours ago, Serotoninluv said:

Do you think that once the egoic noise dissolves that psychedelics can heightened one’s natural spiritual abilities? After 60 or so trips, there seemed to be a shift in my mind/body’s relationship with reality. 

I don’t contact beings or go omniscient - yet I often get taken to hyper empathic paranormal zones. A couple times, it’s like I have a type of magic wand. 

Yeah, something like that. Trips definitely change you and open you if you do enough of them. It's not just a temporary high, it's an upwards arch.

13 minutes ago, Leo Gura said:

it's an upwards arch.

Towards?... and I don’t just mean God... don’t play coy ;) 

32 minutes ago, kieranperez said:

Towards?... and I don’t just mean God... don’t play coy ;) 

The only thing you will ever find in the universe is yourself. Deeper and deeper layers of yourself.

11 hours ago, Leo Gura said:

Generally speaking, spiritually gifted people will have one or more of the following:

• Find it very easy to meditate or concentrate
  • Are extremely interested in metaphysical and spiritual topics (more so than other topics)
  • Are naturally very loving
  • Really interested in Truth for its own sake
  • Have paranormal abilities: they see auras, angels, and others weird stuff, they have telepathic abilities, etc.
  • Exceptionally intuitive
  • They have spontaneous kundalini activation/awakenings
  • Are wise beyond their years, wiser than all their peers

I don't consider myself spiritually gifted. I don't have any of these except Intrest in metaphysics and Truth which I developed after my awakening 2 years ago.

Me 2,5 years ago: unable to concentrate, constant mind wandering, unable to feel any love, naturally very neurotic and aversive, think spirituality is bullshit, almost certain that materialistic paradigm is true.

And yet I awakened to some degree (no-self insight, stream-entry, Location 1, or whatever we may call it) literally after my first 20 minutes mantra meditation ever, which I did out of boredom when scrolling youtube and saw some TM video. Since then I moved way beyond that and also trained high concentration (this was actually harder for me than awakening).

Me now: sometimes able to get to effortless laser-like concentration (depending on how much I practice), no sense of agency at all, sometimes I feel very strong ecstasy and love, still get anxious and afraid but I'm able to cope with it better, not sure if the materialistic paradigm is true.

I don't think you have to be gifted but rather you have to be lucky to find a method matched with you.

"Buddhism is for losers and those who will die one day."

-- Kenneth Folk

12 hours ago, Leo Gura said:

If you're asking that question, then you probably aren't, unless maybe you had a really dysfunctional childhood.

Generally speaking, spiritually gifted people will have one or more of the following:

• Find it very easy to meditate or concentrate
  • Are extremely interested in metaphysical and spiritual topics (more so than other topics)
  • Are naturally very loving
  • Really interested in Truth for its own sake
  • Have paranormal abilities: they see auras, angels, and others weird stuff, they have telepathic abilities, etc.
  • Exceptionally intuitive
  • They have spontaneous kundalini activation/awakenings
  • Are wise beyond their years, wiser than all their peers

Not all of those need to be present. Just one or two of those is already great.

Great thanks for writing that. Funny enough I remember when i was around 7 I was eating at the dinner table at primary school and I had a really weird thought about who I was, I blanked out.  It happened again around a week later in the exact same place at the dinner table. Now I look back I always wondered if that was a small glimpse into the truth self. 

12 hours ago, Enlightenment said:

And yet I awakened to some degree (no-self insight, stream-entry, Location 1, or whatever we may call it) literally after my first 20 minutes mantra meditation ever, which I did out of boredom when scrolling youtube and saw some TM video. Since then I moved way beyond that and also trained high concentration (this was actually harder for me than awakening).

Well, that's extremely rare. I would call that a spiritual gift of its own.

Yes, some people literally sit down, do a few days of meditation or inquiry and BAM! -- they awaken. But this is very, very rare. Don't count on that happening. Obviously if that happens, great! Consider yourself very lucky. You won the spiritual lottery.

19 hours ago, Serotoninluv said:

Didn't you state somewhere that long-term psychedelic use was dangerous ? 60 trips seem like a crazy lot.

42 minutes ago, Lynnel said:

Didn't you state somewhere that long-term psychedelic use was dangerous ? 

I did not. I’ve said many times that psychedelics carry risks and one should take care. Yet in the big picture, psychedelics are much safer than alcohol. Many social studies support this.

I would put the risks of psychedelics a bit lower than marathon running.  I’ve run over 50 marathons and have undergone far more adverse effects than psychedelics. 

Plus, the health benefits of psychedelics far outweigh the relatively minor risks ime.