Druid420

God 'Spoke' to Me

46 posts in this topic

So I see this all the time, mostly from Americans. When people claim to have experienced a divine encounter, maybe during a time of great turmoil, they often recount the experiences saying that god or whatever spectral entity delivered a message or spoke to them in some regard. 

I could understand that if they meant that they garnered some wisdom from the experience without ACTUAL words being exchanged. However, in pretty much all of these accounts they go on to quote what was said. 

Are these people just fanatics looking for a spotlight? Maybe they just found the answer they needed and confused their ego for something higher in that moment. 
What are your thoughts on these sorts of reports?

24 minutes ago, Druid420 said:

Are these people just fanatics looking for a spotlight?

Some are. Some are not.

If everything is God, God is always speaking to you. 

My Youtube Channel- Light on Earth “We dance round in a ring and suppose, but the Secret sits in the middle and knows.”― Robert Frost

3 minutes ago, cetus56 said:

Some are. Some are not.

If someone is reporting hearing words being spoken to them literally how a person communicates to another in everyday life then I would be very strongly of the opinion that they are confused over their experience. 

Just now, mandyjw said:

If everything is God, God is always speaking to you. 

That's just a complete non answer.

Edited by Druid420

11 minutes ago, Druid420 said:

If someone is reporting hearing words being spoken to them literally how a person communicates to another in everyday life then I would be very strongly of the opinion that they are confused over their experience. 

@Druid420 That would be an indication it's time to step back and re-evaluate their situation.

Just now, cetus56 said:

@Druid420 That would probally be an indication it's time to step back and re-evaluate their situation.

But like it's nearly every american christian you hear claiming some sort of divine encounter!!
Although I admit they probably all do need to re-evaluate their situations! 

13 minutes ago, Druid420 said:

But like it's nearly every american christian you hear claiming some sort of divine encounter!!
Although I admit they probably all do need to re-evaluate their situations! 

The answer was addressing you mentioning ppl hearing God speaking "out loud". That may need some re-evaluating.

But maybe you misunderstood their meaning of "hearing" God or "hearing God's voice"?

Like now for example with the fire in Paris and this being a high holy week for christians. Support is pouring in from all over the world because ppl are hearing God's voice speaking to them. And not just Christians are hearing it either.

5 minutes ago, cetus56 said:

The answer was addressing you mentioning ppl hearing God speaking "out loud". That may need some re-evaluating.

But maybe you misunderstood their meaning of "hearing" God or "hearing God's voice"?

Like now for example with the fire in Paris and this being a high holy week for christians. Support is pouring in from all over the world because ppl are hearing God's voice speaking to them. And not just Christians are hearing it either.

Yes, that interpretation is what I said I could maybe understand. But these people are speaking literally.

And they don't say they heard, they say god spoke to them and then go on to quote the words. 

Edited by Druid420

24 minutes ago, cetus56 said:

Really that’s fascinating. Do you have any articles links or what not about this. I want to read about it. 

4 minutes ago, Mu_ said:

Really that’s fascinating. Do you have any articles links or what not about this. I want to read about it. 

I could link you many video examples! Perhaps it's just a cultural thing, maybe some hear those turns of phrases and understand that the proclaimer didn't hear an actual voice speaking actual words. For me though, there are appropriate words to describe it without making it a bluff.

Edited by Druid420

The mind can get "downloads" from God/Universal Intelligence. These downloads can be verbal or non-verbal. It doesn't really matter what symbols are used. God can "speak" to you through math equations, English, Japanese, ancient Egyptian, colors, an angel, an image of Christ, Ganesha, tea leaves, or a million other things.

Of course it's also possible for the ego-mind to be deluded and mistake it's own devilry for communication from God. Alex Jones is a great example of this. So you always have to be careful to distinguish your personal egoic agenda from downloads from Universal Intelligence. It can be tricky to sort this out if one's mind is no sufficiently pure. The devil loves to pretend his own agenda is God's agenda.

As you become more conscious and spiritually attuned, it will feel like you're in communion with God all the time. Hell, you ARE God, so eventually you realize that every thought arising in your mind is how God gets shit done through your body. Really what's going on is that a field infinitely intelligent consciousness is creating reality. This is happening at all times. Every thought you have is part of this field.

As the ego-mind dissolves, God takes over your entire mind and body. Your mind and body become indistinguishable from God. Eventually, if you purify yourself enough, every action you take becomes a movement of the entire universe. Every time your finger moves, the intelligence of the whole universe conspires to move it towards Absolute Goodness and Perfection. The movement of your finger creates Heaven on Earth. Your entire experience of life glows with God's consciousness. You are illuminated. Your will becomes God's Will. You are totally at ONE with God, with zero distance between the two. All duality collapses into Absolute Oneness which knows no opposite. Total self-realization has occurred. Now you finally understand the magnitude what you are. You are Infinity. Your Will is creating the entire universe.

Ta-da!

You are God. You are Truth. You are Love. You are Infinity.

@Druid420 I find this very interesting. I've spent a LOT of time looking at NDEs and these sort of experiences. There are cases of New Agers meeting Jesus. Athiests meeting Jesus. Who is to say what they experienced is true. I don't know. But who is to say they're wrong.

35 minutes ago, Mu_ said:

@Mu_   Sorry no, but just watch the news. The world support "speaks" for itself.:)

7 minutes ago, Paul92 said:

@Druid420 I find this very interesting. I've spent a LOT of time looking at NDEs and these sort of experiences. There are cases of New Agers meeting Jesus. Athiests meeting Jesus. Who is to say what they experienced is true. I don't know. But who is to say they're wrong.

It's not to say they did not experience anything at all, but that is is very likely they are misinterpreting their internal dialogue as god during an emotional experience.
They are as right as Joseph Smith I suppose.

6 minutes ago, cetus56 said:

@Mu_   Sorry no, but just watch the world news. The world support "speaks" for itself.:)

I think it's a little bit of a jump to call that god speaking anymore than this post is god typing.

Edited by Druid420

4 minutes ago, Druid420 said:

I think it's a little bit of a jump to call that god speaking anymore than this post is god typing.

Imagine that. This being God too.:)

Just now, cetus56 said:

Imagine that. This being God too.:)

I think you've gotten confused. Like yes we can say this is god typing because I am god, but these words I type are coming from my ego, not my self. 

3 minutes ago, Druid420 said:

these words I type are coming from my ego, not my self.

self/ego vs God/Self is a duality.

YOU ARE GOD! Wake up! ;)

You are God. You are Truth. You are Love. You are Infinity.

Just now, Leo Gura said:

Self vs God is a duality.

I have a very solid grasp on both right now. Maybe that's not common.

19 minutes ago, Leo Gura said:

self/ego vs God/Self is a duality.

YOU ARE GOD! Wake up! ;)

Yes but being able to distinguishing between is as important as the realisation.