Druid420

God 'Spoke' to Me

46 posts in this topic

@Druid420 You said that you think those mystical experiences are purely confusion, emotions, and ego.

What I'm telling you is that the situation is more nuanced than that. Mystical experiences -- even if they are not full-blown enlightenment -- are not pure ego or delusion. They can be valuable, truthful, and healing. So don't be so quick to dismiss them.

Just because something is not 100% Absolute Truth does not mean it should be dismissed. Much of what we deal with in this work is various degrees of half-truths. That is okay. We shouldn't expect perfection from humans.

You are God. You are Truth. You are Love. You are Infinity.

Just now, Leo Gura said:

@Druid420 You said that you think those mystical experiences are purely confusion, emotions, and ego.

What I'm telling you is that that situation is more nuanced than that. Mystical experiences -- even if they are not full-blown enlightenment -- are not pure ego or delusion.

Okay, I see. But in instances where god is speaking words to/at someone, surely they would realise that it was themselves if the experience where true?

12 minutes ago, Druid420 said:

Okay, I see. But in instances where god is speaking words to/at someone, surely they would realise that it was themselves if the experience where true?

No, surely not. Duality is a tricky beast. In this case they are getting close to Truth but they still haven't realized that self/other is a duality which must collapse. Despite that, they can still glean some nugget of truth from that experience, like the sense of Divine Love. That sense of Divine Love might then inspire the person to be more selfless and to practice more yoga until finally they realize one day that self = other and that self = God. Then their realization will be complete.

My point is, you should allow people a path towards the Absolute without cutting them down at intermediate stages. It's very demotivating and confusing for a spiritual seeker to realize something like Divine Love only to have a callous person tell them something like, "That's all ego delusion."

Imagine if your child came home from 1st grade and showed you the A+ he got on his homework and you responded with, "So what? That's all horse shit. Where is your college diploma? Talk to me when you get your diploma."

It's not realistic to expect everyone to become a Buddha without a lengthy spiritual path. We should allow people to walk their paths, being patient with them and helping them out without cutting them down.

You are God. You are Truth. You are Love. You are Infinity.

Just now, Leo Gura said:

No, sure not. Duality is a tricky beast. In this case they are getting close to Truth but they still haven't realized that self/other is a duality which must collapse. Despite that, they can still glean some nugget of truth from that experience, like the sense of Divine Love.

hmmm.... yea fair enough. 

Thanks for that! :)

5 hours ago, Leo Gura said:

My point is, you should allow people a path towards the Absolute without cutting them down at intermediate stages. It's very demotivating and confusing for a spiritual seeker to realize something like Divine Love only to have a callous person tell them something like, "That's all ego delusion."

Imagine if your child came home from 1st grade and showed you the A+ he got on his homework and you responded with, "So what? That's all horse shit. Where is your college diploma? Talk to me when you get your diploma."

It's not realistic to expect everyone to become a Buddha without a lengthy spiritual path. We should allow people to walk their paths, being patient with them and helping them out without cutting them down.

Yes I understand. I am with you 100%. Thank you again.

The consequence of externalizing the 

Ego and thinking that is the supreme power. Brings fanatism and desease.

... 7 rabbits will live forever.