Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
David Hammond

How "karma" is created

23 posts in this topic

Your thoughts trigger thoughts in others. Others thoughts trigger thoughts in you.

The way to dissolve your karma is to be aware of thoughts. Not analyze others thoughts but directly observe your own thoughts and let them go. 

The more you can do this the less karma you create until you completely transcend the ego

Edited by David Hammond

How I see it, you can not escape karma as everything is interconnected and you will still get consequences from people around you, only thing you can do is not get effected by it in mind level, which again begs the question  is there even karma to dissolve, or it is simply process of letting go till there is nothing that can effect you in mind level. 

Karma means action. Your mental activity. 

Hammond says mental activity gets triggered by outside situations, people etc. Instead of trying to force your mind to stop, hammond says just observe it. As you observe your thoughts, thoughts start to dissolve by itself naturally. Otherwise if you're unconcious, unaware of your thoughts then thoughts run in circles on and on and on forever creating more and more karma. More and more mental activity. 

Mental activity is always about a craving or aversion. It's a source of suffering also. More karma you have less equanimous and more restless you'll be. 

Mental activity is also the basis of your ego/personality/identity. Your identity is just a bunch of likes and dislikes, isn't it?

So to trancsend your ego one has to trancsend all cravings and aversions, in other words all mental activity, in other words all karma.

Edited by Salvijus

6 hours ago, purerogue said:

How I see it, you can not escape karma as everything is interconnected and you will still get consequences from people around you, only thing you can do is not get effected by it in mind level, which again begs the question  is there even karma to dissolve, or it is simply process of letting go till there is nothing that can effect you in mind level. 

Even the notion of "consequences from people around you" is still a thought. Any thought of oneself or a other is delusion. 

I wonder if feelings are more powerful karma creators than thoughts. 

My Youtube Channel- Light on Earth “We dance round in a ring and suppose, but the Secret sits in the middle and knows.”― Robert Frost

38 minutes ago, mandyjw said:

Feelings ARE thoughts 

1 hour ago, David Hammond said:

Even the notion of "consequences from people around you" is still a thought. Any thought of oneself or a other is delusion. 

Maybe it is, but  not believing alone has not set me free from changes that happen in my state of mind based on state of mind of people around me,

It probably is some kind of mind mechanic, even though often without any noticeable reason at first, but simply not believing will not be enough to stop it. 

1 hour ago, purerogue said:

Maybe it is, but  not believing alone has not set me free from changes that happen in my state of mind based on state of mind of people around me,

It probably is some kind of mind mechanic, even though often without any noticeable reason at first, but simply not believing will not be enough to stop it. 

Not believing is not strictly what I'm pointing to. There is an aspect of us that when strong enough just looks at thought and instantly says "nonsense". 

That is the beginning of the end of that particular karmic pattern. 

1 hour ago, David Hammond said:

Not believing is not strictly what I'm pointing to. There is an aspect of us that when strong enough just looks at thought and instantly says "nonsense". 

That is the beginning of the end of that particular karmic pattern. 

Problem is that there is no thought to look at , it is just observable conclusion, as I said, I do not know if it is true , or what is exact cause, it is just my observation and would still happen even if I did not make observation of it.  

28 minutes ago, Truth Addict said:

@David Hammond

Karma is a thought.

law of magnetic fields are not a thought though

when you do music, you are with musician.

when you kill people, you are around killer, etc etc etc..

karma is a very real thing, but what is understand of karma is relative to the perspective of the observer, aka, we all have our concept of karma.

but it's mathematic & very real, it's just not horoscope or "christian guiltyness", it's a Physic thing with a big P

7 hours ago, David Hammond said:

Feelings ARE thoughts 

Not quite. My understanding is that thought is a feeling and that thought can influence other feelings and vice versa but not all feelings are thought.

Edited by Shadowraix

1 hour ago, Aeris said:

law of magnetic fields are not a thought though

when you do music, you are with musician.

when you kill people, you are around killer, etc etc etc..

karma is a very real thing, but what is understand of karma is relative to the perspective of the observer, aka, we all have our concept of karma.

but it's mathematic & very real, it's just not horoscope or "christian guiltyness", it's a Physic thing with a big P

Labels and laws are indeed thoughts. Concepts. Mathematics is a concept too. Its all a model. Don't confuse the map with the territory.

15 hours ago, purerogue said:

Let's go back to this if you don't mind. I've just had an insight that you cannot control what others do or how they respond to you in every case. The reason that I say an enlightened person stops generating karma is because whatever happens doesn't affect the enlightened person the same way it would effect the unenlightened person. Part of karma is holding onto something and continuing to create that situation time and time again. Like a self fulfilling prophecy. A Buddah would not have that issue. He would witness action but be free from being tainted by action..

3 hours ago, David Hammond said:

Let's go back to this if you don't mind. I've just had an insight that you cannot control what others do or how they respond to you in every case. The reason that I say an enlightened person stops generating karma is because whatever happens doesn't affect the enlightened person the same way it would effect the unenlightened person. Part of karma is holding onto something and continuing to create that situation time and time again. Like a self fulfilling prophecy. A Buddah would not have that issue. He would witness action but be free from being tainted by action..

This might have truth if an enlightened person never performed any action but being in of itself is an action. 'karma' can be generated in more subtle ways than a mind level. Your entire existence generates it.

8 hours ago, David Hammond said:

Enlightened being would not react blindly or unconciously to the situation.

Every action enlightened being creates is a conscious karma. Not a conditioned blind reaction of craving or aversion.

P.S. I'm not disagreeing with you I just found myself typing this for no reason .

4 hours ago, Shadowraix said:

This might have truth if an enlightened person never performed any action but being in of itself is an action. 'karma' can be generated in more subtle ways than a mind level. Your entire existence generates it.

This is true but there's something that dosn't move, something that dosn't generate action.  If you tauch that dimension, you can say he's self-realized if you dissolve all karma, all movement then it's ultimate enlightenment.

Edited by Salvijus

21 hours ago, mandyjw said:

ultimately all thought is emotion because it’s moved through emotion. all emotion is moved through the relation of emotion to its content. who is the content that recives karma, who is the content that produces karma? why do people meet?

it’s either to create karma or to resolve it.

Edited by now is forever

@now is forever I think it's easier to deny emotions rather than thoughts. For example I might think that I'm worried about my financial security when a competitor comes in. If I let myself explore deeper I'll find out I'm jealous of them and that I feel that having another competitor reduces my uniqueness and makes my skills less valuable. If I go even deeper I find out that I'm disappointed with my own skills and limitations. If I go even deeper I find out that I don't love myself. If I don't love myself I will hate my competitor. If I love myself I will love my competitor because we will make each other better and could have the potential to collaborate and have synergy and make work that really stands out more than anything. 

I think that emotions are harder to get in touch with but easier to pass off in the first place. I could just have the thought that so and so will hurt my business and acted accordingly. Feelings are often false but listening to them will get you to the truth. Thought will always lead you around a wild goose chase. I think there is some value in making a distinction between the two. 

I loved what you said about why people meet, to create karma or resolve it. That explains so much of my life right now. 

My Youtube Channel- Light on Earth “We dance round in a ring and suppose, but the Secret sits in the middle and knows.”― Robert Frost

@mandyjw there is no competition if there is co creation. there are only tensions. if people meet there is a field of contact.