CreamCat

Atoms and molecules are fictions created by humans. Ideologies are fictions, too.

13 posts in this topic

There's no such thing as atoms and molecules. Atoms don't have a shell. In actuality, an atom is just a vague cloud that has no boundary. It is empty.

It is merely a practical fiction created to deal with reality.

I once thought atoms and molecules were fundamental. If atoms and molecules are mere fictions, is there any reason to believe that ideologies are any more than fictions?

A contract is a fiction. An ideology is a novel. A human is just a concept. Let me tell you more about humans. If I gradually replaced parts of my brain with those of a tiger's brain, when do I stop being a human and start being a tiger? A human is just a practical label we attach to a set of parts and functionalities. I can say the same about computers.

If you take fictions seriously, you are going to suffer unnecessarily. I want to help you make it stop. Make it stop in your head. Make it stop.

Edited by CreamCat

Logic you are using now is just fiction, how does that make you feel? 

Just now, purerogue said:

Logic you are using now is just fiction, how does that make you feel? 

You use fictions to fight fictions.

Just now, CreamCat said:

You use fictions to fight fictions.

Same as you! :) 

Now did you even give it a fiction? 

Yet the fiction is being used to get desired outcomes. Translating direct experience into concepts anyone can understand, creating a model that accurately tells you what you are gonna experience if you do x or y is amazing

58 minutes ago, CreamCat said:

There's no such thing as atoms and molecules. Atoms don't have a shell. In actuality, an atom is just a vague cloud that has no boundary. It is empty.

It is merely a practical fiction created to deal with reality.

I once thought atoms and molecules were fundamental. If atoms and molecules are mere fictions, is there any reason to believe that ideologies are any more than fictions?

A contract is a fiction. An ideology is a novel. A human is just a concept. Let me tell you more about humans. If I gradually replaced parts of my brain with those of a tiger's brain, when do I stop being a human and start being a tiger? A human is just a practical label we attach to a set of parts and functionalities. I can say the same about computers.

If you take fictions seriously, you are going to suffer unnecessarily. I want to help you make it stop. Make it stop in your head. Make it stop.

Can you not see how what you have just told yourself is another fiction itself? Namely, the fact that atoms and molecules are fictions, is a fiction in and of itself?

Understand this dynamic and notice what is happening, you keep reducing your subjective reality to certain kinds of ideas. What is a label, what is a function, what is a fiction?

Glory to Israel

17 minutes ago, Shadowraix said:

Yet the fiction is being used to get desired outcomes. Translating direct experience into concepts anyone can understand, creating a model that accurately tells you what you are gonna experience if you do x or y is amazing

I can see practical values in certain fictions like atoms and molecules. However, ideologies take time, energy, and money from your life in most cases.

Also, ideological people keep complaining in ideological comfort zones. Going beyond ideological comfort zone means ego death. It also means questioning one's own ideologies. Ego death can move people forward.

If you keep going beyond comfort zones, you cannot hold onto ideologies.

Ideology is a comfort zone.

Edited by CreamCat

3 minutes ago, CreamCat said:

I can see practical values in certain fictions. However, ideologies take time, energy, and money from your life in most cases.

Also, ideological people keep complaining in ideological comfort zones. Going beyond ideological comfort zone means ego death. It also means questioning one's own ideologies. Ego death can move people forward.

Have you read any of Ken Wilber's books? I feel like you could benefit greatly from adopting multi-perspectival cognition.

Glory to Israel

All of the atoms are laughing at your fiction.

Edited by SOUL

4 hours ago, Quicksilver said:

How old are you? 

spiritually, chronologically, emotionally, metaphysically, or physically? 

@CreamCat You have made some strong developmental/expansion progress over the last year. Nice work.