Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
Aeris

Can smoking weed with mindfulness be a thing

12 posts in this topic

means when you're out of the paradigm of "I need this or that, I m this, I m that".

is there any physical healing in using weed ? Would you still smoke it ?

I would know, cause I took back the joint 2 weeks ago to smoke with my gf. ( and french joint are with tobacco btw )

Always I've seen leo advocate against weed.

Should I believe the whole paradigm of weed exhaust dopamine cells ?

What is your view on weed ? 

Edited by Aeris

The fact you are having to ask this here already answers your question. I love weed and I can only talk about my experience tho, so far CBD has helped me tremendously with pain, and smoking twice per month is good for insights, weed IMO is an amplifier, if you are feeling good you will feel awesome and if you are having a bad day you start questioning yourself if you could be using your time better, like you just asked, it also makes you kind of numb if you use it in a regular basis.

I also have another theory that weeds shuts down my logical mind and I get very primitive when high, only want food, sex and sleep. It can be good to connect with people but overall for PD work is not really a good tool, microdosing and nootropics would be much better. Like any other tool it's how you use it that matters.

Short answer, weed (thc itself) does not have healing properties it can be relaxing and everything but its not good for you body, cbd yes, but most of weed sold nowadays has almost none cbd in it.

This is a good book if you are really interested.

https://www.amazon.com/Cannabis-Pharmacy-Practical-Medical-Marijuana/dp/031646418X/ref=sr_1_1?crid=2Q3D5B0TODF6X&keywords=cannabis+pharmacy+by+michael+backes&qid=1554325110&s=gateway&sprefix=cannabis+%2Caps%2C211&sr=8-1

"There is nothing either good or bad, but thinking makes it so." Shakespeare

https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCCqtX3EPGsnmWjK76m5Vpbw

Hi Aeris, I am a weed addict.

''Can smoking weed with mindfulness be a thing'' > Absolutely Yes

2 hours ago, Aeris said:

is there any physical healing in using weed ?

Absolutely Yes there is. And sometimes (a lot of times actually) it will heal your psyche too.

2 hours ago, Aeris said:

Would you still smoke it ?

You already know what I am gonna say:

Absolutely YES!

2 hours ago, Aeris said:

Always I've seen leo advocate against weed.

I think he advocates against letting yourself get addicted like i did. Weed is actually a psychedelic.

3 hours ago, Aeris said:

Should I believe the whole paradigm of weed exhaust dopamine cells ?

IDK. But what we believe tends to become true. The law of attraction and all that you know...

3 hours ago, Aeris said:

What is your view on weed ?

That it is highly addictive.

First time i smoked i didn't get high (because it was a roach that had to be split between 4 heads)

But the second time, I did get superhigh. I told myself: -''I am smoking this forever''

23 years and counting. Not planning to stop anytime soon.

So if you try weed as a tool of growth or whatever you risk getting hooked for the rest of your life. Somewhere in a parallel universe there is an Arcangelo that never tried weed. I bet he is more successful and more neurotic than this current universe's Arcangelo. But who knows?

12 hours ago, MsNobody said:

The fact you are having to ask this here already answers your question. I love weed and I can only talk about my experience tho, so far CBD has helped me tremendously with pain, and smoking twice per month is good for insights, weed IMO is an amplifier, if you are feeling good you will feel awesome and if you are having a bad day you start questioning yourself if you could be using your time better, like you just asked, it also makes you kind of numb if you use it in a regular basis.

I also have another theory that weeds shuts down my logical mind and I get very primitive when high, only want food, sex and sleep. It can be good to connect with people but overall for PD work is not really a good tool, microdosing and nootropics would be much better. Like any other tool it's how you use it that matters.

Short answer, weed (thc itself) does not have healing properties it can be relaxing and everything but its not good for you body, cbd yes, but most of weed sold nowadays has almost none cbd in it.

This is a good book if you are really interested.

https://www.amazon.com/Cannabis-Pharmacy-Practical-Medical-Marijuana/dp/031646418X/ref=sr_1_1?crid=2Q3D5B0TODF6X&keywords=cannabis+pharmacy+by+michael+backes&qid=1554325110&s=gateway&sprefix=cannabis+%2Caps%2C211&sr=8-1

many thanks for the tight answer.
for me it makes me very productive at music, something insane. I can't stop producing, it's like I become very OCD with working on art.
not that primitive, I would say instinctive, but for me, food & sex are almost after my need for art.

As my addiction for listening music goes.

I wish I could vape it joseph, time will comes..  so far I don't drink alcohol or others, so I will just try to takes many days off and don't make it an habit again. ( I was "addicted" for 4 years straights )

I tend to have coffee day, nootropics days, and now ; weed day again. I just try to go for music or having a good moment.

your theory of mood amplifier is probably true :) for me productivity is skyrocketed, I m not even "slowed",

I become very mindful.

I actually would like to think that it's relaxing, it helps slow down (which is amazing cause I have anxiety and ADHD), but I need to be very honest with myself, I think weed just got me numb but after it wore off my reality was back there, and I would rather work with my reality sober, it's harder but it is what it is, like Leo always says, do what is emotionally harder. 

Yes, I understand it's good for creation, I'm also an artist and love to draw while on weed, but that's just a hobby it doesn't pay my bills, if you are a musician or work as an artist it might work for you. 

"There is nothing either good or bad, but thinking makes it so." Shakespeare

https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCCqtX3EPGsnmWjK76m5Vpbw

Yeah I found it really useful for creating art (electronic music in my case) as well. So habit forming though. There's a fine line there, it's a double edged sword. On the one hand the best music I ever wrote (objectively, not just cause I was stoned and really liked it at the time) was while high on weed, on the other hand it became such a habit that it became the purpose in itself and I spent so many sessions lost in the studio, down some production rabbit hole.

These days I never smoke weed. Luckily it's not physically addictive, just extremely habit forming.

PS: yes you can smoke weed mindfully. You can do most anything mindfully, but that doesn't necessarily make it a good practice (or a bad one for that matter).

How to get to infinity? Divide by zero.

Weed worked great for me increasing presence and concentration in focused meditation. In other types of meditation didnt make a difference.

i use it for personal dev work, it's awesome. i love it for insights. 

i think it's great honestly, but youve gotten the warnings as above. ive never been addicted to it but there are many who are

Weed + self-inquiry seems to help propel you forward a bit, or breakthrough certain concepts.

Still, better to do sober and only use it very moderately, rarely at best. This is just personal opinion though.

On 4/3/2019 at 1:59 PM, MsNobody said:

It can be good to connect with people but overall for PD work is not really a good tool,

Couldn’t disagree more.

Weed has been extremely beneficial for my personal development and spiritual progress. But it can also be highly (pun intended) addictive. 

While it works great for me, it would be foolish to say that weed is an effective tool for everyone. Likewise, it would be foolish to say weed isnt a good PD tool. It depends on the individual. All paths are unique.

The only way to truly answer your question is to experiment with it yourself. 

Yes weed can help a great deal. But certain discipline and awakening is necessary to not fall into the trap of illusions.

... 7 rabbits will live forever.