thesmileyone

For those who have experienced waking Sahaja Samadhi....

22 posts in this topic

How did you know it was Sahaja and not Nirvikalpa or lesser?

And I say waking ie in day to day life not in meditation.

Thanks

p.s, can anyone who had RASA and reached 1000 share their experiences with me? Feel free to PM. It's been quite some time since I stabilised at 1000, but I am not experiencing 1000, so it would be cool to share experiences. It's related to the question above...

Edited by thesmileyone

Nirvikapla is normally a meditative samadhi. Sahaja samadhi is a stabalize state. A baseline state.

I don’t know where you are getting the idea that nirvikalpi is a lesser sahaja. Your samadhi classification is new to me.

1 hour ago, Arhattobe said:

Nirvikapla is normally a meditative samadhi. Sahaja samadhi is a stabalize state. A baseline state.

I don’t know where you are getting the idea that nirvikalpi is a lesser sahaja. Your samadhi classification is new to me.

NOTE: In a question and answer interview in the book Be As You Are by David Godman, Sri Ramana is asked to clear up the difference between Samprajnata-Samadhi and Nirvikalpa Samadhi. Ramana responds with:

"Holding on to the supreme state is Samadhi. When it is with effort due to mental disturbances, it is Samprajnata. When these disturbances are absent, it is Nirvikalpa. Remaining permanently in the primal state without effort is Sahaja."

Edited by thesmileyone

Well according to that. No effort, stable, and no mental disturbances. No fluctuations. No excitation. Nor being above excitation. No weird non dual talk to hold on to anything.

Im a fan of the Theravada map though. More substance. Less fancy talk. Jnana maps lack a lot of depth. 

Edited by Arhattobe

They are the same thing, only one is temporary the other is abiding as you go about everyday life.

You are God. You are Truth. You are Love. You are Infinity.

Ok but..what does the experience feel like?

I have reached Nirvikapla Samadhi but in meditation and it is like falling unconscious. One minute you are there, the next you are gone. And I don't mean the "I" I mean consciousness itself. 4 hours feels like 5 minutes. Given that I am already in the void, "time" is the only attribute that showed me that I achieved Nirvikapla Samadhi in the first place.

So I am wondering what it's like in "reality".

I don't know it is hard to explain it in words, it is different from sleep, it is different from the kind of unconscious you get when someone knocks you out (had that a few times xD) but it's completely different from normal void meditation.

LEO please do something about this silly spam filter it's driving me nuts! : New posts within a short time frame are limited. Please wait 140 seconds before submitting.
@Leo Gura

I have experienced nothing and everything. All that remained was I. All that will remain is I. There is only I. There is nothing else.

Now, figure out or become conscious of what this I is.

19 hours ago, thesmileyone said:

How did you know it was Sahaja and not Nirvikalpa or lesser?

And I say waking ie in day to day life not in meditation.

With Nirvikalpa samadhi the world/mind/body disappears, where with Sahaja that is not the experience.

Waking sahaja samadhi is like a continuous Self realization/awakening experience where the mind gets very calm/quiet/peaceful, but you can still function. For me, as it deepens and the more quiet/still the mind gets there comes a soft high pitched background humming. Ommmm ?

“You don’t have problems; you are the problem.”

– Swami Chinmayananda

Namaste ? ?

All experience which comes and goes is ultimately not the Real, the Apsolute. Become conscious of That which doesn't come and go. Become conscious of the One who is looking through your eyes right now eternally. That formless One is I and Everything. All experience is It but It is not bound by them.

Right but in the context of conversation you have to use such language.

I mean how stupid would we look if we said "my body experiences anxiety" instead of "I" because there is no "I"? ??

6 hours ago, Highest said:

All experience which comes and goes is ultimately not the Real, the Apsolute. Become conscious of That which doesn't come and go. Become conscious of the One who is looking through your eyes right now eternally.

@Highest

Which type, if any, Samadhi's have you had? Personal experience means quite a lot when discussing these things I think.

If you are Self-realized, then you know that that experience came and went, yet it was very much a glimpse of your true nature, awareness.

In bold above, I noted that you used the word "become" when stating one should "become" conscious of what doesn't come and go. That infers that one is not already aware of that which doesn't come and go (so, basically, it comes and goes) and would therefore, per your definition, be not the real. 

See the pickle this puts us in? I think the reins should be loosened just a tad, to see that this is a bit of a grey area and each persons experience is unique. Ramana Maharshi was in sahaja samadhi during his "death" experience of the body, extrapolated Self-knowledge from the experience and became enlightened.

One person may have a 5 sec awakening/Self-realization experience, another a 5 hour waking sahaja samadhi. They both came and went, but all indicate an intellect that is steeped in non-dual awareness, or is characterized by non-dual vision, as my teacher would say.

Just my 2 cents.

– Swami Chinmayananda

Namaste ? ?

12 hours ago, Jkris said:

@thesmileyone so nirvikalpa samadhi is no different from sleep ?

If it was no different from sleep, it would be called sleep rather than awakening.

You are God. You are Truth. You are Love. You are Infinity.

5 hours ago, Anna1 said:

@Highest

Which type, if any, Samadhi's have you had? Personal experience means quite a lot when discussing these things I think.

I have had about two Samadhi experiences. The rest is mostly non-dual experiences. But Self-realization aka God-realization is beyond all of them and is permanent.

4 hours ago, Highest said:

I have had about two Samadhi experiences. The rest is mostly non-dual experiences. But Self-realization aka God-realization is beyond all of them and is permanent.

Ok, I'm not going to argue with you, lets agree to disagree.

– Swami Chinmayananda

Namaste ? ?

16 hours ago, thesmileyone said:

Right but in the context of conversation you have to use such language.

I mean how stupid would we look if we said "my body experiences anxiety" instead of "I" because there is no "I"? ??

But that is exactly the case. What is “how stupid we would look” but a pointer? So subtle. So key. Same with your intentions for super powers.

MEDITATIONS TOOLS  ActualityOfBeing.com  GUIDANCE SESSIONS

NONDUALITY LOA  My Youtube Channel  THE TRUE NATURE