kieranperez

Those Of Us With ADHD, Try Modafinil!

35 posts in this topic

I wasn’t aware Modafinil is supposed to motivate...but I suppose thinking more clearly and effectively can be a great boost to one’s productivity 

I’ve noticed using supplements as a crutch for doing the things we feel we need to do is mostly counter intuitive 

motivation needs to be addressed separately with/without drugs 

29 minutes ago, DrewNows said:

I wasn’t aware Modafinil is supposed to motivate...but I suppose thinking more clearly and effectively can be a great boost to one’s productivity 

I’ve noticed using supplements as a crutch for doing the things we feel we need to do is mostly counter intuitive 

motivation needs to be addressed separately with/without drugs 

Cut your dogma. 

This distinction of “drug” is such a convenient self-deception to muddy the waters. 

I’m not saying “modafinil gives you motivation.” 

The motivation is a by-product. 

When you’re so depressed you’re ready to end your life and then you find a solution that helps really alleviate that and now you can smile and actually feel good for a whole day, I can 100% guarantee you’ll have more motivation, hope, confidence, and faith to live your life to the best you can. I don’t care what gives you that so long that it works. 

Edited by kieranperez

6 hours ago, MsNobody said:

@Psychonaut 

And thanks for sharing this I'm trying to find my sweet spot with lsd but I'm working with tabs, I've been cutting them in 8 or 10 parts but I can't know for sure how much I'm putting in my body, I think I will dissolve it in water. It helps me so much!! It's a wonderful tool 

Do you do the one day on and two days off? I'm trying to do more often, like every other day or sometimes stop for three days and take two in a row, I'm sure I will build a tolerance at some point in the future but I am getting more out of microdosing than I would from big doses. 

What I like about the liquid acid is that the whole solution is at the same dosage, so it is predictable.

I do the 1 day acid, 2 days off as recommended.

4 minutes ago, kieranperez said:

Cut your dogma. 

This distinction of “drug” is such a convenient self-deception to muddy the waters. 

I’m not saying “modafinil gives you motivation.” 

The motivation is a by-product. 

When you’re so depressed you’re ready to end your life and then you find a solution that helps really alleviate that and now you can smile and actually feel good for a whole day, I can 100% guarantee you’ll have more motivation, hope, confidence, and faith to live your life to the best you can. I don’t care what gives you that so long that it works. 

Sorry my friend I wasn’t responding to your initial post but others who mentioned they didn’t feel motivated. I just recently tried this out. I used “drug” because I don’t see it as a bad term and think it does get too dogmatized in society. 

Like I said it has given me benefits of clarity and efficiency in my mind. The only problem I have is it’s purpose in keeping us awake despite maybe feeling tired. I’m usually a night owl but I can actually create a routine where I fall asleep at a good time 

anyways cheers man glad it’s giving you some support. At one point I was completely ready to give up the Identify i had made for myself (I didn’t want to live anymore), the suffering was just too much and this led to an awakening after stumbling onto the power of now 

1 minute ago, DrewNows said:

Sorry my friend I wasn’t responding to your initial post but others who mentioned they didn’t feel motivated. I just recently tried this out. I used “drug” because I don’t see it as a bad term and think it does get too dogmatized in society. 

Like I said it has given me benefits of clarity and efficiency in my mind. The only problem I have is it’s purpose in keeping us awake despite maybe feeling tired. I’m usually a night owl but I can actually create a routine where I fall asleep at a good time 

anyways cheers man glad it’s giving you some support. At one point I was completely ready to give up the Identify i had made for myself (I didn’t want to live anymore), the suffering was just too much and this led to an awakening after stumbling onto the power of now 

Appreciate the clarification

1 minute ago, kieranperez said:

Appreciate the clarification

?❤️

@Psychonautwhy do you see substances as a means for motivation? 

Pardon my ignorance, but what's the best way to find out if I have legitimate ADHD?

I took a modafinil 200 yesterday morning  and i havent yawned for 26 hours. 

I will be waiting here, For your silence to break, For your soul to shake,              For your love to wake! Rumi

On 3/31/2019 at 0:45 PM, kieranperez said:

I can literally read several pages in a book now without going off track for 2 pages being lost and just reading words and can be present with what I’m reading.

I've had ADD symptoms since I was a child. The above statement made me lol. I totally get that :)

On 3/31/2019 at 0:45 PM, kieranperez said:

I tried in the early years concerta, stratera, Ritalin, and a few others until I settled on Adderall. As those of you who have ADHD that have been on some sort of ADHD stimulant over the course of years know, when you first take, IT WORKS. The first day of it working its hysterical by how much more centered you are and you can pay attention, you can really HEAR another human being across from you, you’re not a victim of your own thoughts and impulsivity racing like a fucking hurricane, suddenly you stop forgetting your car keys, etc. you know what I’m talking about... Eventually though, it dies out. You acclimate. 

I had a similar experience with Adderall. Yet I think acclimation with Modafinil may be an issue as well. Currently, I am taking 200mg of Modafinil twice a week, a low dose of Adderall (10mg) twice a week, LSD microdose (10ug) once a week and two days off. Within this cycle, I have not felt any type of dependency or addiction. Some days I forget to take one of them in the morning and just skip that day (if I take any of them after 9am I will have trouble sleeping that night). I feel ok on days I forget, which is a good sign for me. When I was on Adderall 20ug five days a week, the two off days were really hard to get through. Yet now my off days are fine.

Also, I find meditation/yoga/concentration practice to be really helpful.

13 hours ago, Extreme Z7 said:

Pardon my ignorance, but what's the best way to find out if I have legitimate ADHD?

You could see a psychologist and there are tests you can do. I found that somewhat helpful.

For me, I dated a psychologist and she spotted it. I've had symptoms since I was a child and developed many coping mechanisms over my life. I don't have the hyperactivity part though.

Everyone has symptoms of ADHD from time to time. They are just more common and severe in some people. Here are a few of my personal examples:

--Inability to read more than a page or two of a book.

--Mis-placing things A LOT. Everyone does this from time to time - yet this was an ongoing theme in my life. I spent a very large portion of my life looking for misplaced things. Misplacing keys, glasses, wallet, drivers licence etc. I probably averaged at least an hour a day looking for something I misplaced.

--Forgetting stuff a lot- sometimes important stuff - forgetting meetings, my passport, dates, times. I often forgot to shut things off, and lock things. I developed mild OCD about shutting things off and locking things. For example, I had a hard time leaving my house each morning because I thought I left something on in the house or forgot to lock the doors. Many times, I  had to return home to make sure everything was shut off and locked. People often saw me as scatter-brained, irresponsible and not caring. I was often told it was all in my head and I could change it with some effort.

--An inability to stay engaged in a movie, talk or conversation. Everyone has issues with this to an extent. Yet for me it was extreme. For example as hard as I could, I could not follow a storyline in a movie, a talk or a conversation. I was a highly motivated undergraduate, yet could not maintain attention through a class - and not because I was disinterested. I would go off on tangents. I had to audio record every lecture and re-listen to it over and over. I couldn't even re-listen to it all the way through. I kept getting distracted and would have to rewind every few minutes. It took me hours to get through a one hour lecture.

--All sorts of random weird stuff. Like I would set up the coffee maker to make some coffee. I would go into another room and then wonder why I was in that room. I would return for some coffee. Several times, the coffee was all over the counter and floor because I forgot to put the pot in the coffee maker. Another time, I was looking all over for a notebook and finally gave up. The next morning I found it in my refrigerator. . . I often found stuff I had lost in weird places.

Anyone know of a good heavy metal test that isn't $90?

Hello, 

I would like some advice on this topic.  I have wanted to try Modafinil for a while now.  I was able to get a prescription from my doctor due to my ADHD but I haven't tried it yet because my wife doesn't believe that I need it.  She is very against taking medications in general but has let me smoke marijuana on occasion because I have been able to prove to her the benefits that it provides for me.  I believe that Modafinil would be worth it for me but how do I convince my wife that it is? Do I go against her wishes and order some anyways to try it? 

Thanks!

Great description of ADHD. I myself have ADHD and I am currently doing Neurofeedback, I'll let you know how it goes. 

I am currently Diagnosed with ADHD and prescibed 36 mg concerta. I would love to try switch over to Armodafinil to slow my thoughts instead of race them with bad amphetamine like effects. I live in Hawaii and my doctor is unsure about approving, because it is used as a treatment for narcolepsy. Any tips on how I can get the approval?

7 minutes ago, Beard said:

I am currently Diagnosed with ADHD and prescibed 36 mg concerta. I would love to try switch over to Armodafinil to slow my thoughts instead of race them with bad amphetamine like effects. I live in Hawaii and my doctor is unsure about approving, because it is used as a treatment for narcolepsy. Any tips on how I can get the approval?

How long have you been on ADHD meds? I was on for 17 years and got off a little over a year ago and I am noticing how quickly I adapt to this med physiologically and cognitively and this build a tolerance. I plan on doing an update post on this for those of us who have this. 

However, if you don’t have a history close to as long as mine and you don’t feel you’ve adapted to your meds yet I would give this a try, although I’m concluding from my own experience that this is temporary until I can afford neurofeedback training in the fall.