Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
CuriousTraveller

High pitched whine

17 posts in this topic

Hey,

Last night before falling asleep in silence I noticed this constant high pitch whining sound

It was not as intense in the beginning, but when I "went into it" it got so loud it felt like it was hurting my ears. When drawing my attention to something else it would subside. I have never noticed it before, but still it feels like it has always been there, in the silence, I just never listened. And now I can hear this sound whenever in silence. I have very sensitive hearing, and do not have any problems regarding, but found "tinnitus" which is an incurable medical condition. Should I seek medical attention or is this another symptom of awakening, which I have been experiencing in exponential growth since 2012?

Thank you in advance,
CuriousTraveller

Edited by CuriousTraveller

3 minutes ago, CuriousTraveller said:

Last night before falling asleep in silence I fell into meditative state and noticed this constant high pitch whining sound

@CuriousTraveller Everybody has it. The thing is you normally don't pay any attention to it. Now that you've bought it to the forefront of awareness I'm hearing it too now. Thanks! :D

idk but I have that too, it started last fall

mine was sudden onset so they gave me a bunch of medication which didn't do anything and they did a bunch of tests including a brain scan and found nothing which is what happens most of the time, they just can't find a cause, they say

but in very rare cases they do find something so if you can see a doctor just to rule it out, I would do that

I've been experiencing spiritual growth as well, and it also disappears for me when I focus on something else otherwise it's very very loud

and I also read that tinnitus is angels singing so I'm just going to go with that...

Yes, it's tinnitus. I don't have it, but you have to watch out for loud noises. It is indeed incurable as far as I know..

Sometimes i my attention goes sone where and hear hearbeat like sound  but  it appears as if it comes from brain. Not sure if some thing in brain too vibrates like heart. ? 

Congrats of finiding it! We all experience what I believe you to be experiencing! Now focus in on in during a few meditation sessions! And try to grasp a better understand of it! (Where it originates from/what it is)

If you feel it is causing more detriment than good, go speak to a physician and get your head scanned! A sudden onset could be caused by an abnormality within your body, but if you find that it has always been there and you have just become aware of it, great! You stated it to be the latter so it is most likely what we all experience! ?

35 minutes ago, Zetxil said:

Congrats of finiding it! We all experience what I believe you to be experiencing! Now focus in on in during a few meditation sessions! And try to grasp a better understand of it! (Where it originates from/what it is)

If you feel it is causing more detriment than good, go speak to a physician and get your head scanned! A sudden onset could be caused by an abnormality within your body, but if you find that it has always been there and you have just become aware of it, great! You stated it to be the latter so it is most likely what we all experience! ?

Thank you for the answer and encouragement. I will certainly do that. In the beginning it was hard to get in the meditative state, trying to focus on breathing without starting to control it. But at one point I realized there are so many other things to focus on, now one more is added. Lately I have been focusing on this intense feeling in the Solar Plexus area, which I at one point also discovered that was always coming with me, wherever I was or whatever I was doing. When I am overtaken by the ego mind, and then become conscious and focus my attention on the area, I feel that there was this tension sensation, but when focusing on it it relaxes and becomes a gate to connect to myself.

45 minutes ago, Jkris said:

Sometimes i my attention goes sone where and hear hearbeat like sound  but  it appears as if it comes from brain. Not sure if some thing in brain too vibrates like heart. ? 

I feel the same, but not sound, the heartbeat itself. Happens often in meditation. For me the heartbeat is slow, but so strong that the whole body becomes heart and pulses in sync, not just the brain.

Edited by CuriousTraveller

Ye I am pretty sure everyone has this, albeit some are not aware of it, 'nada yoga' is about this as a method actually

@CuriousTraveller The mind hates to stand still for even a moment. When you quiet the mind through meditation it will come up with all kinds of things to create a distraction and keep the stimulas going. If I had a dollar for each time I heard someone say "when I meditate I hear a high pitch ringing in my ears" I'd be rich. Do a search here on the forum and see for yourself.

23 minutes ago, CuriousTraveller said:

In the beginning it was hard to get in the meditative state,

Exactly! Ringing in the ears. Neck creaking. Pulsations in the head. Eye floaters and a million more diversions of the mind.

6 minutes ago, cetus56 said:

@CuriousTraveller The mind hates to stand still for even a moment. When you quiet the mind through meditation it will come up with all kinds of things to create a distraction and keep the stimulas going. If I had a dollar for each time I heard someone say "when I meditate I hear a high pitch ringing in my ears" I'd be rich. Do a search here on the forum and see for yourself.

Exactly! Ringing in the ears. Neck creaking. Pulsations in the head. Eye floaters and a million more diversions of the mind.

No, these things just happen, they are not against you, the thought of it being wrong is. 

2 minutes ago, cetus56 said:

Are you saying that any other bodily function other than breath is a diversion of the mind? Or focusing on them is wrong? Isn't meditation all about focus, which means staying in present?

@CuriousTraveller @cetus56

28 minutes ago, CuriousTraveller said:

Are you saying that any other bodily function other than breath is a diversion of the mind? Or focusing on them is wrong? Isn't meditation all about focus, which means staying in present?

No, what he is saying that when you do focus on them you will notice them almost "dissipate." When all of the things you can focus on dissipate what are you left with? 

3 minutes ago, Zetxil said:

@CuriousTraveller @cetus56

No, what he is saying that when you do focus on them you will notice them almost "dissipate." When all of the things you can focus on dissipate what are you left with? 

Attention itself