SQAAD

If Osho was Enlightned Why Did he end up addicted to various drugs?

107 posts in this topic

@Preetom It seems like Osho was taking drugs way before that.

When some rich people came to his commune alongside with a doctor. That doctos is reported to have hooked him on many different drugs. I even watched Osho in a video walking unsteadily  and he seemed drugged up.

@JohnnyBravo From the documentary i watched about him "it seems" Osho was taking drugs way before that. Even Sheela revealed that Osho was taking drugs in the commune.

There are couple of videos of Osho trembling and looking drugged up in the documentary.

We can't say for certain though. Those are just speculations.

You seem very certain though... 

@mandyjw I don't get it.

Why do you think enlightment can you make you a psychopath?

2 minutes ago, SQAAD said:

@mandyjw I don't get it.

Why do you think enlightment can you make you a psychopath?

If you only awaken the mind and not the heart,

You see reality as a dream, but don't see that you are everything in it.

That could create some nasty assholes behaviors if the dude who awaken isn't emotionally healthy, don't you think ?

Edited by Shin

God is love

Whoever lives in love lives in God

And God in them

8 minutes ago, Shin said:

If you only awaken the mind and not the heart,

You see reality as a dream, but don't see that you are everything in it.

That could create some nasty assholes behaviors if the dude who awaken isn't emotionally healthy, don't you think ?

That's an accurate way to put it. A one sided awakening.

@SQAAD Yes, I wouldn't call it enlightenment exactly but cherry picking powerful truths can make people seem enlightened and even more than that really enigmatic. I think that truly enlightened people seem really boring almost all of the time.  

My Youtube Channel- Light on Earth “We dance round in a ring and suppose, but the Secret sits in the middle and knows.”― Robert Frost

How many of you would be sold on enlightenment if the first thing you heard about it was the idea that you'd be able to sit all day and do nothing and find as great joy helping an old man cross the road than winning the lottery. 

Well SIGN ME UP for that shit. 

This is why almost only old people listen to Eckhart Tolle. 

My Youtube Channel- Light on Earth “We dance round in a ring and suppose, but the Secret sits in the middle and knows.”― Robert Frost

25 minutes ago, cetus56 said:

That's an accurate way to put it. A one sided awakening.

According to Adyashanti, that's how most awakening process happens.

Legit point to consider if we're developed enough to not be dicks if it happens.

God is love

And God in them

9 minutes ago, mandyjw said:

@SQAAD Yes, I wouldn't call it enlightenment exactly but cherry picking powerful truths can make people seem enlightened and even more than that really enigmatic. I think that truly enlightened people seem really boring almost all of the time.  

Wouldn’t this just be another form of cherry picking? 

@DrewNows I guess so. I mean everyone is their own manifestation of life in their own way with their own imbalances. I'm not sure how you can be one with your body and all others and also abuse both to that extent. So I think it's safe to say enlightened people are loving and seem somewhat boring to the untrained eye.

2 minutes ago, mandyjw said:

@DrewNows I guess so. I mean everyone is their own manifestation of life in their own way with their own imbalances. I'm not sure how you can be one with your body and all others and also abuse both to that extent. So I think it's safe to say enlightened people are loving and seem somewhat boring to the untrained eye.

Did you read what I just wrote ?

You can ! ?

Edited by Shin

God is love

And God in them

@Shin A one sided awakening isn't a full awakening. It's maintaining certain dualities while dissolving others. 

Just now, mandyjw said:

@Shin A one sided awakening isn't a full awakening. It's maintaining certain dualities while dissolving others. 

Maybe, but it's still enough for people to get attracted to you and worship you like a god.

And I'm pretty sure most people stop there thinking they're done and think they know all there is to know.

If knowledge about enlightenment can make you cocky enough to think you're there, what about a partial embodiment of the Truth.

That surely would caughrt you thinking you're the shit ?

God is love

And God in them

I think fame/validation was the start of downfall for Osho. It ended up producing a huge shadow spiraling downwards over the years.

He got too much fame too quickly. He got 'Enlightened' in his early 20s even before graduating from college. His 'Enlightenment' was celebrated hugely by his devotees. Silver, golden jubilee and all that stupid shit. 

Fame/validation is such a pernicious bitch. The greed for women and gold sort of burns out itself and may wake one up from its grip. But fame isn't that obviously suffocating.

''Not this...

Not this...

PLEASE...Not this...''

Sheeva was a power-tripping, psychopath.

She desired nothing but power.

My friend/mentor (disciple of Osho) said Sheeva even refused him to travel to America with Osho from Puna.

Osho heard of this, and realised quickly he was powerless with the little mini-cult Sheeva was creating already.

She was the devil. Yes, she is charismatic to listen to.

But she is a good tool for recognising we all have a devil inside of us.

Holy hell wtf I just watched xD

''Not this...

Not this...

PLEASE...Not this...''

Osho encouraged drugs- but not in the commune.

He requested that the pharmacists do their best to make the drugs as PURE and CLEAN and SAFE as possible, so people can get a taste of God as quickly as possible.

He also advised that if people meditated better on drugs, to take the drugs if they desired and enjoy.

He was one of a kind.