Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
Beeflamb

Can mystic experiences be scientifically explained

10 posts in this topic

They can be explained using science and models yes. They cannot be *understood* until they are directly experienced. 

Science is a joke, pure fantasy and delusion. As for now it doesn't at all know or understand what reality is and how it really works. And don't even make me talk about materialism ?

They can explain mystic experience how it occurs in our brain, but they will never understand it if they don't directly experienced. I have always been curious on how it is even possible that the mind can have these experienced in the first place. So thank you for this article.

Anything can be explained by virtually any model. I think that it's besides the point to look which model is true because it depends on the person that is conducting the search. Some answers will fit into their worldview, and some won't. It's very valuable however to be able to hold even contradictory models just in case some of them become useful in one context or another. Of course, it's a great source of confusion for the ego to not be able to hold on to any particular theory of everything, but the price is well worth the payoff.

Bearing with the conditioned in gentleness, fording the river with resolution, not neglecting what is distant, not regarding one's companions; thus one may manage to walk in the middle. H11L2

9 hours ago, Highest said:

Science is a joke, pure fantasy and delusion. As for now it doesn't at all know or understand what reality is and how it really works. And don't even make me talk about materialism ?

Science is not a joke. Without western science, my body would be dead. I use medicine everyday to stay alive; medicine that wouldn’t be available without science.

You also rely on science everyday whether yoy realize it or not

Science just chalks it up to chemical reactions in the brain producing hallucinations.

Which they then conveniently ignore the hallucination of sobriety.

Breaking this is where the fun really begins.

Can mystic experiences be scientifically explained

If you want them to be. That decision is up to you. 

Hark ye yet again — the little lower layer. All visible objects, man, are but as pasteboard masks. But in each event — in the living act, the undoubted deed — there, some unknown but still reasoning thing puts forth the mouldings of its features from behind the unreasoning mask. If man will strike, strike through the mask! How can the prisoner reach outside except by thrusting through the wall? To me, the white whale is that wall, shoved near to me. Sometimes I think there's naught beyond. But 'tis enough.

Scientific explanations and logic are reality at a certain level of consciousness. At some point language begins to break down and science goes out the window.

If you were a scientist inside a dream could you explain something that is outside the dream ? You could understand very well things from the dream, but what about outside the dream ?