Godheals

10.000 Hours? Really?

35 posts in this topic

This is my first post. Hey guys! xD

I consider myself a simple man. :|

I don't have the drive to do all the things that Leo does or advises us to do, but still want to be on the spiritual path.

To stop suffering, and to find happiness that is unconditioned.

EVEN THOUGH, to be optimistic, my "blind spots" in life could be easily pinpointed and solved through therapy or trustworthy counsel, what's the point?

GET THIS: I feel bad for not having a girlfriend. I get a girlfriend. She cheats on me. I am financially stable but tomorrow I'm not anymore.

My point is, life has got a myriad of ways through which she can f**k us hard. Should I wait for my grandfather to die (whom I love so much), and feel that grief and existential questioning to turn to spirituality again? It feels like wasting time. So I start now!

I feel like the Real Real Stuff that's going on shouldn't be too hard and time consuming.

Is it enough to just acknowledge objects (feelings, thoughts, the best and worst of them) and stay as the awareness of them? It looks like to be some sort of common ground through all the teachings I've seen. 

Isn't this already self-inquiry? Isn't this already Sadhana? Is more practice needed? Do I need to sit zazen every morning? 

I'm partly drawing from Mooji's stance to stick with the simple stuff. And what does he teach? Advaita.

He descended from Papaji and Ramana Maharshi himself. This s**t has to be real.

Let me know your thoughts on this, and if you need help too, be sure to ask and I'll provide what I can. 

Thank you, thank you.

In theory that is true.

In practice the ego use this as an excuse to stay inconscious.

So watch out.

Edited by Shin

God is love

Whoever lives in love lives in God

And God in them

@Dumb Enlightened I love this video. Thank you so much!

@Shin I am hellbent on doing this stuff. I just don't feel like I have the energy to tackle ALL that Leo does. I mean, I've been looking at the Turquoise thread and damn, there's every teacher I've heard from and beyond listed there. I just want to find one thing and stick to it.

2 minutes ago, Godheals said:

@Dumb Enlightened I love this video. Thank you so much!

@Shin I am hellbent on doing this stuff. I just don't feel like I have the energy to tackle ALL that Leo does. I mean, I've been looking at the Turquoise thread and damn, there's every teacher I've heard from and beyond listed there. I just want to find one thing and stick to it.

You just have to do one thing,

To be conscious all the time,

And not be interested from anything the mind says (not supressing thoughts though).

That will be your death, 100% sure.

God is love

And God in them

It takes 5,000 to 10,000 hours to master shamatha/samatha. 50,000 to 60,000 hours to become enlightened as the Buddha. Psychedelics can really help untangle blockages and heal truama deep in our psyche. Personally I recommend psychedelics, journaling, astral projection, and meditation as practices. Yes the spiritual path can be difficult but it's totally worth it.

Edited by AstralProjection

@Godheals The fastest short cut on the path to enlightenment is the realization that there is no destination other then the one you create.

17 minutes ago, Godheals said:

@AstralProjection Awh damn dude don't say that :(

It's important that your realistic in your expectations. That way you can build a plan that won't fail. :D Psychedelics are shortcuts so if your looking for a path that is short then use psychedelics especially 5-meo-dmt as Martin Ball became enlightened through using it often. PM me if you want more information on 5-meo-dmt.

Also if you want another shortcut I recommend astral projection and to some degree journaling. Also no matter what path you take you should have a baseline meditation practice. The good thing about meditation is that it's kind of like riding a bike, you never forget how to do it, and you can always pick right back up where you left off at.

10 minutes ago, Godheals said:

@Shin What does it mean to be conscious? Is being aware of my own breath enough?

@AstralProjection Awh damn dude don't say that :(

Being conscious is ''watching'' everything in your experience,

Noticing everything.

The word everything is quite important there, that means your thoughts and the mind that seems to contain them too.

The Power Of Now explain it quite nicely.

Edited by Shin

God is love

And God in them

@cetus56 I don't actually understand this atm, but will get to it eventually I guess.

@Shin Nice, will do.

@AstralProjection I wouldn't want anything to do with psychedelics atm, but will look into astral projection :D

2 hours ago, Dumb Enlightened said:

You'll be so fucked if you manage to do this automatically throughout the day ???

God is love

And God in them

50 minutes ago, Godheals said:

I don't actually understand this atm, but will get to it eventually I guess.

@Godheals  Enlightenment is a lot like Where's Waldo. You search all over the place for Waldo until you finally come to the realization that Waldo is the whole picture.

1 hour ago, Tony 845 said:

@Dumb Enlightened nice video, is this the winter knight guy?

Yeah it's him, I loved this video, one of the best explanation of self inquiry I've seen

1 hour ago, Shin said:

You'll be so fucked if you manage to do this automatically throughout the day ???

And eventually you'll be gone :D

11 minutes ago, Dumb Enlightened said:

And eventually you'll be gone :D

forever ever ;)

6 hours ago, Godheals said:

@AstralProjection I wouldn't want anything to do with psychedelics atm, but will look into astral projection :D

Astralpulse.com has a lot of avid astral projectors there that will teach you how to astral project if you get stuck or need help. I can give you some good resources to start out if you like.

In the past couple of months I'be grown so much doing a lot of the practices Leo has suggested - meditation, shamanic breathing, simple observation, contemplation, concentration and mindfulness throughout the day. You'be got to try them and see for yourself.

This shows me you are not prepared to be a master in anything master welcomes the failiure and loves to pratice...thats why you wont have lasting girlfriend(you admire) it takes skill and time...money is all about skill mehanics....you are architect of your life architect of your mind so you can create life you want it wont come just like that....if it was easy everybody would do it...

Who teaches us whats real and how to laugh at lies? Who decides why we live and what we'll die to defend?Who chain us? And who holds the Key that can set us free? 

It's you.

You have all the weapons you need 

Now fight.