CreamCat

How materialism leads to the conclusion that life is dream.

15 posts in this topic

According to materialism, your brain generates your consciousness.

Your consciousness is effectively a virtual reality constructed by your brain. Your brain receives sensory input from sensory organs to create a virtual reality.

You don't get to see the external world as it is. You only experience the virtual reality created by the brain.

Your sleeping dream is also a virtual reality because it is still your consciousness.

There is no clear distinction between dream and reality from the perspective of brain.

Perhaps, you are not in a physical reality, but in a reality simulation. The brain cannot discern the difference between simulation and reality. It doesn't matter because even if you are in an external world, what you experience is still a virtual reality.

Edited by CreamCat

nielsbohr1.jpg

Don’t you realize that all of you together are the temple of God and that the Spirit of God lives in you?
1 Corinthians 3:16

The main problem with the materialist scientific view can is, as Leo very accurately put, is that it calls black white and calls white black. 

4 minutes ago, abrakamowse said:

nielsbohr1.jpg

I posted this quote on my IG story yesterday hahaha how ironic.

However much quantum mechanics and idealism explains this stuff though, it all fails short of the mark without direct consciousness. Make sure to not leave out direct consciousness of this realization. You can have the most elaborate explanation for all of this and why it’s the case but still be ignorant of the matter (not as a put down. This includes me). Remember that as long as you haven’t directly experienced this, you don’t know if it’s true or if it’s not. 

On 2/27/2019 at 0:25 AM, kieranperez said:

However much quantum mechanics and idealism explains this stuff though, it all fails short of the mark without direct consciousness. Make sure to not leave out direct consciousness of this realization. You can have the most elaborate explanation for all of this and why it’s the case but still be ignorant of the matter (not as a put down. This includes me). Remember that as long as you haven’t directly experienced this, you don’t know if it’s true or if it’s not. 

I agree, but I think is a good "finger pointing to the moon"...  it's not the moon, but... it makes people think, or at least "entertain" the idea that matter is not really matter.

I know it's hard for them to accept that consciousness is the source, but that's because they "think" and believe that they are "the thinker of thoughts". 

It's too hard for them to see that there's no thinker and thoughts just appear in consciousness.

Edited by abrakamowse

Don’t you realize that all of you together are the temple of God and that the Spirit of God lives in you?
1 Corinthians 3:16

@CreamCat ah, but the world out there is Objective! I have no influence on it! If I die the world keeps going, does it not? Whereas in a dream, if I die the dream goes with it. 

"The greatest illusion of all is the illusion of separation." - Guru Pathik

Sent from my iEgo

Yep, and I prefer this perspective, rather than the radical non dual one.

It's best to not disqualify that which is out of reach, but to keep it as a basic assumption, just for the sake of integration.

When communicating with rational people it's better to start slow. This makes pefect sense and explains why spirituality works, and how useful it is.

Godspeed.

The funny thing the very objective world created the subjective world. Both worlds merge into one

On 2/27/2019 at 3:52 PM, Shiva said:

The materialist would argue that we have no means to verify whether what we perceive is a simulation or reality as it seems, and say that it's just more practical to believe reality is real.

A simulated reality is still reality because it is contained in the reality. It is part of reality. A simulated reality can be more fragile because someone can turn off the simulation on a whim.

Edited by CreamCat

8 hours ago, CreamCat said:

A simulated reality can be more fragile because someone can turn off the simulation on a whim.

Maybe, psychadelics?

All stories and explanations are false.

3 hours ago, LastThursday said:

Maybe, psychadelics?

I'd like to try psychedelics, but I will be busy for the next few months. I don't yet have time to research into psychedelics.

Why did you mention psychedelics? It's not my expertise.

On 2/26/2019 at 11:25 PM, CreamCat said:

According to materialism, your brain generates your consciousness.

“According to someone else, not me - you!”

Your consciousness is effectively a virtual reality constructed by your brain. Your brain receives sensory input from sensory organs to create a virtual reality.

“Not me - you!”

You don't get to see the external world as it is. You only experience the virtual reality created by the brain.

“Not me - you!”

Your sleeping dream is also a virtual reality because it is still your consciousness.

Not me - you!”

There is no clear distinction between dream and reality from the perspective of brain.

“Not me - brain!”

Perhaps, you are not in a physical reality, but in a reality simulation. The brain cannot discern the difference between simulation and reality. It doesn't matter because even if you are in an external world, what you experience is still a virtual reality.

CreamCat, what was it like, when you experienced being other people, other beings? Or, is the entirety of this a thought you’re believing?

This is some pretty heavy fragmentation. 

MEDITATIONS TOOLS  ActualityOfBeing.com  GUIDANCE SESSIONS

NONDUALITY LOA  My Youtube Channel  THE TRUE NATURE

@Nahm I refer to "you" as a rhetoric device. It doesn't have any profound meaning.

18 hours ago, CreamCat said:

Why did you mention psychedelics?

Because it may just be the switch that allows you to turn off the simulated reality on a whim? To 'awaken' from the simulation dream.

All stories and explanations are false.