Manjushri

How to stop gaining weight from poor food choices?

13 posts in this topic

I literally wouldn't gain weight if I wouldn't make shit food choices - eating pastry/pizza when I DON'T actually feel like eating it/need it. It makes me feel lots of anger.

Remove refined sugar in your diet so you won't crave it and add satiating meals that have protein, fats, and fiber, this way you will be satiated and not feel hungry. Like Oatmeal, eggs, fish, high quality meat, vegetables like Kale and broccoli. Eat sugary foods moderately and pick healthier choices like fruits. 

'How to stop gaining weight from making poor food choices?'

Stop making poor food choices. 

Rebuild your gut bacteria and the craving for BS will literally stop. 

Start with good cured cheese per example and animal saturated fat, also cholesterol you need daily like egg yolk. The body craves that all the time, contrary to what mainstream media tells you. 

Edited by Hellspeed

... 7 rabbits will live forever.                                                                                                                                                                                                  

So why do you do something self-destructive thing, like eating unhealthy foods? Ask yourself honestly, answer deeply and honestly.

On 23/02/2019 at 10:11 AM, Charlotte said:

On the one hand it is as simple as 'stop making poor food choices'

On the other hand these are the foods that you are addicted to eating. You will encounter cravings and obstacles whilst you are addicted.

Often times trying to force yourself to not eat foods you are addicted to will simply make you feel guilt and shame when you cave in, and you will go into self attack.

Try this:

Eat whatever you want, but be conscious and present whilst you are eating. How does it taste? How does it smell? Stay present and aware of what you are doing. Pay attention to how you are feeling whilst you are eating it and how you feel one and two and three hours after you have consumed your food. Then ask yourself if this is the lifestyle you are happy with going forward.

Good luck!

Seriously if you cut out unrefined carbs (like pizza dough), this "eating pastry/pizza when I DON'T actually feel like eating it/need it." will go away. This need to eat despite not feeling truly hungry is from the "sugar spike".

If you are uncomfortable eating animal products. Then you need to switch to unrefined grains, lots of vegetables, nuts, and seeds because they have fat, protein, and fiber which will satiate you. 

Low-carb meal example: 1 cup of brown rice (or broccoli), 2 eggs, chicken breast, and a cup of whole milk yogurt. 

High-carb meal example: 1 cup of beans, 1 cup of brown rice, 1 cup of broccoli, add hemp seeds to the meal. Cook it with half a cup of carrots, onions, peppers, and extra virgin olive oil. 

Edited by SgtPepper

On 23/02/2019 at 9:11 AM, Charlotte said:

This is it :D 

“If you find yourself acting to impress others, or avoiding action out of fear of what they might think, you have left the path.” ― Epictetus

It's an addiction, like coffee or smoking. When you quit bread and wheat you will realise that what you thought was hunger was actually withdrawal symptoms. And actual hunger is way less intrusive and intense. It's trippy man.

Treat it like an addiction. Quit all wheat products (preferably also sugar) cold turkey, and assume that you will feel like crap for a bit and then won't even miss them after a week.

Sounds like a good deal to me.

@Manjushri And keep a journal about it in the journals section of the forum. Best way to stay motivated.

How's it going?

Edited by flowboy

Learn to resolve trauma. Together.

Testimonials thread: www.actualized.org/forum/topic/82672-experience-collection-childhood-aware-life-purpose-coaching/

25 minutes ago, Shiva said:

@Manjushri There ain't no magic solution. Gotta bite the bullet and ...

Have your cheat days though :)

I agree otherwise you'd just binge. Moderation is key and having the willpower to put things down

Make better choices though. For me, most of time I will cook my food, also follow apknite  healthy recipes when at home. 

When eating outside, veggies, fruit juice, water or oats will be my first choices