Wisebaxter

Is my Girlfriend Really an Illusion?

168 posts in this topic

@now is forever You can measure your progress in 'being' as opposed to 'doing' by your underpant 'change rate.' I think it says that in the Tao Te Ching somewhere. 

6 minutes ago, Wisebaxter said:

@now is forever You can measure your progress in 'being' as opposed to 'doing' by your underpant 'change rate.' I think it says that in the Tao Te Ching somewhere. 

why is being opposed to doing ? i don’t get how that would look mathematically and also can’t really buy into the logic. but you know i just answered to a question that was about spontaneous laughter release. and well you can laugh during a funeral.

11 minutes ago, now is forever said:

why is being opposed to doing ? i don’t get how that would look mathematically and also can’t really buy into the logic.

I think it would depend on how much 'being' you bring into your 'doing.' When most people engage in activity they do so very unconsciously, without awareness of the present moment. When that happens the ego mind can take over and carry out the activity according to its own selfish survival needs, whereas if 'being' is present you're able to operate more from your true nature, at a higher level of consciousness. 

Edited by Wisebaxter

32 minutes ago, Wisebaxter said:

I think it would depend on how much 'being' you bring into your 'doing.' When most people engage in activity they do so very unconsciously, without awareness of the present moment. When that happens the ego mind can take over and carry out the activity according to its own selfish survival needs, whereas if 'being' is present you're able to operate more from your true nature, at a higher level of consciousness. 

regarding underpants i guess being a skunk vs doing the change you can measure the conciousness in the activity. (if you are in access to a washing maschine or a sink and detergent)

Edited by now is forever

Please tell me I'm not gonna really die ???

God is love

Whoever lives in love lives in God

And God in them

@now is forever You will only be able to measure the consciousness in the activity if you're conscious to begin with. One thing I've started doing is making every movement or action I make a conscious one, even down to each single step I take when I'm walking somewhere. Then each action becomes a single unit, taken for it's own sake, without the end goal always in sight. It's like mindfulness on crack. It means you're always aware of the present movement and not focused on an end goal. It's our obsession with end goals that make us neurotic and disconnected from being, most of the time.

Edited by Wisebaxter

@Wisebaxter yes.

but regarding underpants... you know what i mean. maybe it could be interesting to reflect on neti neti regarding underpants.

Edited by now is forever

@now is forever I am not my underpants? That could lead straight to a mystical experience...

Edited by Wisebaxter

"Is my Girlfriend Really an Illusion?"

NO!

The so called illusion is the East paradigm that everything that does not last is an illusion. So conceptualizing this is kind of a waste of time. 

... 7 rabbits will live forever.                                                                                                                                                                                                  

43 minutes ago, Hellspeed said:

The so called illusion is the East paradigm that everything that does not last is an illusion.

Relative vs. Absolute.

45 minutes ago, Hellspeed said:

So conceptualizing this is kind of a waste of time. 

Not true.

Grounding yourself in the Absolute is radically different from clinging to relativities.

Nevertheless, the relative (illusion) is still relatively useful.

Non-duality is something worth holding as a mindfuck or pointer to aid in contemplation, not turned into a philosophical subject of thinking. And especially not a subject of conversation with family, friends, or a significant other ;). Talking to regular people about non-duality is out of touch. They can't relate it with their lives. You're not meeting them where they're at.

Trying to live based on non-duality as a philosophy is an awkward trap. What's actually valuable and fruitful is living by the feeling-truths you gain on the path. As soon as you make it logical, it becomes something it's not meant to be.

5 hours ago, Markus said:

Non-duality is something worth holding as a mindfuck or pointer to aid in contemplation, not turned into a philosophical subject of thinking. And especially not a subject of conversation with family, friends, or a significant other

@Markus Have you got any tips on how concepts of non-duality can aid contemplation? 

Ask yourself the question. Why should you believe any of this? Why would your girlfriend be real? Why wouldn't she? Some people are wrong, some are right. You decide who's wrong and right for you. After all the experience is real. There is no way to disprove that. 

31 minutes ago, Wisebaxter said:

@Markus Have you got any tips on how concepts of non-duality can aid contemplation? 

I wouldn't phrase it like that. I just mean I suppose people could find some benefit in questioning the existence of self or other etc in contemplation. I'm not into that type of approach myself.

On 23/02/2019 at 4:09 PM, Markus said:

Non-duality is something worth holding as a mindfuck or pointer to aid in contemplation, not turned into a philosophical subject of thinking. And especially not a subject of conversation with family, friends, or a significant other ;). Talking to regular people about non-duality is out of touch. They can't relate it with their lives. You're not meeting them where they're at.

Trying to live based on non-duality as a philosophy is an awkward trap. What's actually valuable and fruitful is living by the feeling-truths you gain on the path. As soon as you make it logical, it becomes something it's not meant to be.

When my wife starts to complain about something I'll say to her, I'm not gonna listen to you, you do not exist !!

She might throw a non existing object at my head :D:D

3 hours ago, Dumb Enlightened said:

When my wife starts to complain about something I'll say to her, I'm not gonna listen to you, you do not exist !!

She might throw a non existing object at my head :D:D

@Dumb Enlightened As long as your sense perceptions exist her ego identity/form will also appear to exist for you. The best thing would be to wear ear plugs when she's around and try not to look at her or touch her, to break the illusion effectively 

Broke up with her and let her tell you all about her sex life while you're single.

We'll see if she's real or not :D 

God is love

Whoever lives in love lives in God

And God in them

8 hours ago, Wisebaxter said:

@Dumb Enlightened As long as your sense perceptions exist her ego identity/form will also appear to exist for you. The best thing would be to wear ear plugs when she's around and try not to look at her or touch her, to break the illusion effectively 

the funny thing though is that there isn't a direct evidence of her existence, or is there ? Because if I say, I see her, it is already a belief, a label, if all my memories right now just vanish, and I was in a room full of people, would I know that ' I, a human being, a man, was in a room, with other people', I don't think so. It's like if someday I wake up in a dream and it becomes a lucid dream, I can still enjoy the dream, but I don't need to take things to serious.