RiseAbove

What was your main meal today?

10 posts in this topic

This topic is for inspiration, if you manage to run out of recipes.

I am a lacto vegetarian trying to have gains. This is what I had today.

Chili beans (2 tin cans), lima beans (1 tin can) and  mixed can of peas and carrots. I used a chicken bouillon (does not contain actual chicken) for seasoning cooked on gas for about 10 minutes. For dessert I had a whey protein shake. :)

1. One soup spoon of vegetable oil (walnut...)
2. Supplements : B12, D3 + K2, Spirulina, Chlorella.
3. Broccoli sprouts (sulforaphane) which is a bit awful. I've found black olives goes pretty good with broccoli sprouts.
4. Seeds like : flax seeds (chew it well with dried fruits, goji baies...), sunflower, pumpkin seeds...
5. Fresh fruits or/and vegetables (peach, cucumber, spinach... depends on the seasons).
6. In a rice cooker with water : green lentils, leek chopped off, turmeric powder + a bit of ground-pepper, cumin seeds, a bit of colza oil for cooking (no salt, or anything like that).
In the rice cooker basket : 1 orange sweet potato chopped off, with sometimes 1 carrot.
I stop the cooking / rice cooker before it stops by itself, so the water content is still high (like a soup, or porridge).
Out of fire, let it rest for 10 minutes with the lid on (it will soak water).
I then add a lemon juice, and 2 soup spoon of pumpkin seeds oil. The lemon juice adds a lot, it's important!
7. If you're still hungry, bananas + raw chocolate powder, braid (small spelt or rye, to avoid gluten) and peanut butter (not the one with trans fat).
Everything I listed it organic (I'm lucky living in a place where it's cheap and easily available).

I avoid nuts & walnuts before sports, because it makes me feel tired.
Sports on empty stomach is best.

3-bean chilli with red lentils, mushrooms and sweet potatoes...one of my "gainz" recipe :D 

If you are looking for awesome inspiration and lots of plant based meals, I suggest you get Dr Greger's book How Not To DIe Coockbook, love it!. 

“If you find yourself acting to impress others, or avoiding action out of fear of what they might think, you have left the path.” ― Epictetus

Hearty veggie salad, split pea soup, brown rice, steamed asparagus

Edited by Joseph Maynor

Eggs, 100% dark chocolate, macadamia and brazil nuts. cauliflower, tomatoes, grapefruit, pineapple, berries, coconut flakes, unpasteurized green veggie juice, huperzine a, L theanine, lions mane mushrooms, Alpha GPC.

Mushrooms on toast xD

(My eating schedule and portions have gone down the pan in the last 4 days)

20+ raw full eggs. 9_9 I just feel blissful

... 7 rabbits will live forever.