DocHoliday

Are You Afraid...?

46 posts in this topic

You could look at the literal translation of fear as resistance. So in which case fear is needed sometimes, if someone attacks you physically you would want to resist that. But in most cases I think fear isn't real (False Evidence Appearing Real), or rather the input of fear is mind made and not a thing that is happening now, in which case a resistance to this either thought or emotion is usually what we call fear, but without the resistance there is no fear

6 hours ago, DocHoliday said:

B61E5C29-3304-4BF4-A2FF-037A07E5C338.png

Woah, my brain hurts........... :SxD 

@Consept Well saidxD

Edit

I guess we could then say that fear is simply a stronger version of resistance.

Resistance can exist without fear - but there can never be fear without resistance. 

Therefore, fear seems to be the more intense version of resistance to which we attach a more critical emotional value.

For example, if you wanted me to pick something up from the ground, I could simply say No and resist that demand of yours without any greater emotional investment attached to it. But if you suddenly say "I will take away your money, your house, your status, your safety or your life if you won't do it", then, I might suddenly get afraid. 

Aww, nice.

Edited by DocHoliday

Hey, what's up! This is Jack R. Hayes, I'm an author, currently living in Germany. Thus far, I've written two books, both in English and German; one's called "User's Manual for Human Beings", and the other one's called "The Wisdom Espresso". If you'd like to check out my work, visit me at  https://jackrhayes.de  or go to Amazon and search for my name. I'd be happy to see you there!

The only fear (as of now) I resist is the fear of death.

Can't face it when I want, and when I do it's an automatic and instinctual ,

images(32).jpg

????

Help me raptor sama ?

Edited by Shin

God is love

Whoever lives in love lives in God

And God in them

There are still many many things i fear! fear has no bounds but remember just like anything it is a great guide to tell you how uncomfortable you feel about a situation. 

15 minutes ago, Aakash said:

There are still many many things i fear! fear has no bounds but remember just like anything it is a great guide to tell you how uncomfortable you feel about a situation. 

@Aakash In "Spiritual Enlightenment" (his book) JedMcKenna says that fear is what has been added to the mix to keep things interesting or worthwhile. Makes total sense, because fear, or resistance, causes conflict. If there wasn't any conflict whatsoever, why would you even keep on living? 

Hey, what's up! This is Jack R. Hayes, I'm an author, currently living in Germany. Thus far, I've written two books, both in English and German; one's called "User's Manual for Human Beings", and the other one's called "The Wisdom Espresso". If you'd like to check out my work, visit me at  https://jackrhayes.de  or go to Amazon and search for my name. I'd be happy to see you there!

6 minutes ago, DocHoliday said:

If there wasn't any conflict whatsoever, why would you even keep on living? 

Hah, so fascinating. It works so beautifully in both ways. Either there's absolutely no conflict to resolve and you would thereby have no reason to exist or you find that there's way too much conflict in your life than you could handle - and then commit suicide. 

Therefore, human beings are essentially just conflict-resolution-machines. 

God... there's really nothing else to do than to enjoy the ride.... and everything's fine all along the way. 
Beautiful.

With that logic, every enlightened beings would kill themselves.

God is love

And God in them

10 minutes ago, Shin said:

@Shin Don't jump to conclusions with this! Really stop and think about it for a second. Yes, you could just literally kill yourself once you've realised this. But what good would that be? You'd come back either way. Non-existence is not a thing. There's endless conflict to solve and simultaneously none at all.

Edit: Also, they wouldn't even mind doing so:) Or at least it wouldn't matter to them if death occured through some other cause.

Edited by DocHoliday
Reason for edit: typos and stuff

59 minutes ago, Shin said:

Lack of reason to exist does not necessarily give rise to an energy seeking to exterminate that which exists.

Some of the most beautiful moments in life have no reason. I just did a silly dance during my yoga for no reason at all. Or who knows, there could be a cosmic reason. . ,

7 minutes ago, Serotoninluv said:

Some of the most beautiful moments in life have no reason.

+1 ❤️

5 hours ago, Serotoninluv said:

31 minutes ago, Serotoninluv said:

Lack of reason to exist does not necessarily give rise to an energy seeking to exterminate that which exists.

Some of the most beautiful moments in life have no reason. I just did a silly dance during my yoga for no reason at all. Or who knows, there could be a cosmic reason. . ,

I «know».

I was saying this because I assumed the person I quoted thought there would be no point to live without a goal/meaning.

When (in my experience), it's when I feel the most alive.

God is love

And God in them

7 minutes ago, Shin said:

I «know».

I was saying this because I assumed the person I quoted thought there would be no point to live without a goal/meaning.

When (in my experience), it's when I feel the most alive.

@Shin Hah, well, in fact that person doesn't think that at all. All I said is that there would be no reason to exist without any conflict whatsoever, but that there's no real goal or meaning to life anyway (in the big big picture) doesn't affect that. 

i wonder if there would be fear if we wouldn’t have images of what fear looks like in our head.

is a child afraid of death if it doesn’t even know death exists? death is a concept until we make encounter with it.  

for me that means i am not afraid of death itself but about the circumstances death will arrive with. so fear without facing that preconceived situation of facing fear, is indeed somehow fear of the fear, of the fearful situation - while often in the situation itself it would be more pain and suffering than fear, or sometimes it’s not even the suffering of ourself (because we never experienced it) but our suffering watching the suffering that makes us visualize the amount of suffering and fear to arrive in the same situation as the being we experienced dying.

but there is also another fear that sits so deep, like the barking of a man... i mean it’s so deep engraved that we can’t simply get rid of it by logic - it’s the instinctive fear that makes us draw back under certain circumstances - as i (as a woman)  get a physical reaction on the skin in the neck, like a dog, when i cross a group of male - thats more intense when i can’t really discern how their mood is. 

so if it is fear concerning the body protection and not the mind protection i think fear is an instinct.

funny as it is regarding the mind and soul protection that system does not work really well - as people tend to stay stuck in scary situations of physical and psychological abuse and get frozen or start to run away in situations where there is no real threat.

so if someone wants to get rid of this kind of fear, it’s probably because fear then is creating suffering itself - the moment we want to get rid of it, the feeling is annoyance of fear (that’s what i would want to get rid of - by eliminating the fear you’d eliminate annoyance - what can lead to further problems if the annoyance is externalized)

not understanding the annoyance within, i guess i would also say that‘s resistance.

Edited by now is forever

1 hour ago, DocHoliday said:

@Shin Hah, well, in fact that person doesn't think that at all. All I said is that there would be no reason to exist without any conflict whatsoever, but that there's no real goal or meaning to life anyway (in the big big picture) doesn't affect that. 

What do you mean by conflict ?

God is love

And God in them

4 hours ago, DocHoliday said:

@Consept Well saidxD

Edit

I guess we could then say that fear is simply a stronger version of resistance.

Resistance can exist without fear - but there can never be fear without resistance. 

Therefore, fear seems to be the more intense version of resistance to which we attach a more critical emotional value.

For example, if you wanted me to pick something up from the ground, I could simply say No and resist that demand of yours without any greater emotional investment attached to it. But if you suddenly say "I will take away your money, your house, your status, your safety or your life if you won't do it", then, I might suddenly get afraid. 

Aww, nice

Yeah that's a cool example and explains why most people live the lives they do. Why else would you be in a job you didn't like if you didn't fear for survival?

But I would still argue that most fear we experience is false, you only have fear because you think about it and also because you have a belief of what's undesirable. Because we are attached to thought in that we think we are what we think and also our brains are fined tuned to seek out fear so that we can avoid harmful situations, we can't distinguish what is real and what's not. I would say 99% of our fears are bullshit but we're so accustomed to it we can't live without it 

@Consept Yes, okay, in that sense I would agree with what you say:) For what that’s worth...?

4 hours ago, Shin said:

What do you mean by conflict ?

@Shin What I mean by it is quite literally “conflict”. 

When you are hungry, that’s a conflict to resolve. When you need sleep, that’s conflict. When you need money - conflict. The acquisition of material objects - conflict. Needing love. Even needing to breath. Arguing over certain things. Wanting to get an opinion across. Trying to appear a certain way socially. Having to abide to social constructs and rules. Being able to pay bills. Trying to become enlightened. Practicing spirituality. And so on and so on...

You see? Everything is in a sense a conflict to resolve. So, if there’d be no conflict whatsoever, life wouldn’t even be worth living. That’s what I’m saying. 

What there is to draw from that would be that upon realising it, you’re free like never before!? Because you now know why you’d do anything in your life at all. It’s all conflict, and your challenge as a human being is to resolve it somehow. 

And if it all gets too much, well, then suicide is gonna be your method of resolvement. And back you go again, starting all anew...

@DocHoliday

If one desires to get rid of fear, does he actually just love to not fear?

"The greatest illusion of all is the illusion of separation." - Guru Pathik

Sent from my iEgo

@TheAvatarState Sure, why not. 

Edit: But be careful with what you call "love". True love is absolutely selfless. What many people call love is actually just desire, need or want disguised as "love".

Edited by DocHoliday