Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
Kazman

Focusing on small wins leads to big loss

11 posts in this topic

Focusing on small wins leads to big loss.

I think a lot of people on this forum resonate with that statement. If you get caught up in the details of min maxing, you completely miss out on the big bucks (and other, more ethereal and valuable things)

The thing is, I feel my company that I work for operates in this small wins kind of way, I'd like to communicate this in some way to our business peeps. Is there like a cool name for this phenomena from any kind of social studies or business fields? It has to be concrete to convince stage orange materialists who want RESULTS. Something like "the weldzermanner-effect, proven that over emphasizing small wins leads to detrimental results bla bla bla science bla bla bla convincing."

I appreciate all help.

Forget there’s anything to forget and remember there’s nothing to remember

@Kazman I don't think you're understanding what the concept of Small Bets is.

It does not mean being a cowardly uninspired hack.

You are God. You are Truth. You are Love. You are Infinity.

Instead of getting stuck trying to reach heavens you do what you can do now, making it the brave move

@Leo Gura

On 31/01/2019 at 5:54 AM, Leo Gura said:

@Kazman I don't think you're understanding what the concept of Small Bets is.

It does not mean being a cowardly uninspired hack.

So how can I make some of the leaders of my company see that they're being cowardly uninspired hacks?

On 2/4/2019 at 6:57 AM, ajasatya said:

@Kazman you can organize small wins in a way that leads to a huge long-term win.

this

if you have a goal to lose 40 lbs in a year, and lose 400 calories a day, focusing on just losing 400 calories will help you lose all your weight by the end of the year

On ‎1‎/‎30‎/‎2019 at 3:10 AM, Kazman said:

Focusing on small wins leads to big loss.

I think a lot of people on this forum resonate with that statement. If you get caught up in the details of min maxing, you completely miss out on the big bucks (and other, more ethereal and valuable things)

The thing is, I feel my company that I work for operates in this small wins kind of way, I'd like to communicate this in some way to our business peeps. Is there like a cool name for this phenomena from any kind of social studies or business fields? It has to be concrete to convince stage orange materialists who want RESULTS. Something like "the weldzermanner-effect, proven that over emphasizing small wins leads to detrimental results bla bla bla science bla bla bla convincing."

I appreciate all help.

People only work well celebrating small incremental wins. And it's those small wins that gives way to bigger ones.

For example, my big YT channel goal is to have 100,000 subscribers. But I don't measure it back from that big goal, otherwise I would always feel exasperated because I have a long way to go.

But if I focus on small wins, I can be happy every day because I'm growing and expanding my channel by 40, 50, 60 subscribers. And eventually, I'll get a bigger growth spurt. So, I give myself opportunities to celebrate every day and even every time I check my subscribers. And this gives me energy back. 

It's how I've gotten up past 20k, since every small incremental win adds up over time. 

So, focusing on small wins in really important in being able to pave a path in general in a way that is congruent with how human beings work and derive satisfaction from their work. Focusing on the long-term goal only, is out of congruence with how human beings work and there is always a feeling like satisfaction is a LONG way away. And no energy comes back.

Edited by Emerald

If you’re interested in developing Emotional Mastery and feeling more comfortable in your own skin, click the link below to register for my FREE Emotional Mastery Webinar…

Emotionalmastery.org

Is the company in it to meet arbitrary goals or to stay in the game as long as possible?

Don't want the game to end up like the other dead companies.

I am very disappointed with all your answers.

@Kazman That's because you're close minded to what is being said.

Maybe the explanation of your situation needs to he expanded upon. 

I think your question has been a little mis-interpreted, what you're talking about is big picture thinking. If you're working with quite logical people they tend to think on the day to day level and can sometimes not ever think about the bigger picture. So for example I used to work at a supermarket and everyone was so concerned about the day to day that they didn't do things like put more resources in to social media, which could have got them a lot more customers and build up good will. So in these situations ideas are not actively looked for it's more about just keeping the status quo. Has that touched on what you meant at all?

In terms of how to convince someone to think in a big picture way, in short you can't or it will be very difficult, so the best way to do this is to lead by example, you think in this way and put forward your ideas, eventually one will be good enough to put into action or just the way you're thinking will encourage others