F A B

If it's all a fantasy, why even live it?

91 posts in this topic

If we are in a big dream, if we are an idea, why should we master this dream, this idea?

(I'm not depressed, I don't have any suicidal thoughts or anything. I'm just curious to drop this bomb on the forum and see what happen ahaha)

The same reason you played games when you were a child.

God is love

Whoever lives in love lives in God

And God in them

Because it’s an oversimplification to say it’s all a fantasy. You are also equating all the weight, ideas and reality you would attach to a “dream” or “fantasy” by doing that.

The sentiment on this forum is that we should master the dream, but in other spiritual circles, people have the sentiment of renouncing it (Buddhism)

What do you mean we are in a big dream. Go punch a wall and see if you get real pain or if its just a dream. Just becouse you heard in some "spiritual" video that we live in a dream or some other bulshit it doesn't change anything. 

@Arhattobe The Buddha ultimately taught sannyāsa, which is monastic life of the monk, the path of renounciation. People don't become monks to indulge in the world, they do it to attain Nirvana which means "to be blown out".

22 minutes ago, Shin said:

The same reason you played games when you were a child.

This.

For me, its about letting my creativty out, find a life purpose, enjoy and help others :)

Life is meaningless, you are free to decide your own meaning :) 

@F A B There's no choice really. If you kill yourself, you'll just end up right back here. There is no end to it.

Oneness means, there's nowhere else you can go.

You are God. You are Truth. You are Love. You are Infinity.

@Maya_0 He also emphazised right action, right speech, compassion and etc. The boddhisatva ideal and path makes it clear that, that is not the case.

Renunciation and the monastic lifestyle have to do with desires and cravings. Not the world.

9 minutes ago, wavydude said:

What do you mean we are in a big dream. Go punch a wall and see if you get real pain or if its just a dream. Just becouse you heard in some "spiritual" video that we live in a dream or some other bulshit it doesn't change anything. 

It doesn't mean anything.

In every dream you ever had there always have been rules, and they all feels very real until you wake up.

You can't honestly say that you aren't dreaming, there is no way to be sure of that.

Edited by Shin

God is love

And God in them

14 minutes ago, Leo Gura said:

@F A B There's no choice really. If you kill yourself, you'll just end up right back here. There is no end to it.

Love this

11 minutes ago, Shin said:

You can't honestly say that you aren't dreaming, there is no way to be sure of that.

Yes exactly so you got 2 options basicaly 
- try to find out what's really going through some spiritual practice or whatever you want

- live your life and don't be bother by this stuff

19 minutes ago, Leo Gura said:

Oneness means, there's nowhere else you can go.

So would you say Buddhas teachings about Nirvana and Jesus teaching about the kingdom of God are wrong?

1 minute ago, Sockrattes said:

So would you say Buddhas teachings about Nirvana and Jesus teaching about the kingdom of God are wrong?

Nirvana and heaven are not somewhere else.

It's right now.

It's only identification to the body/mind that makes it looks like it's not the case.

? Nondualism ?

God is love

And God in them

4 minutes ago, Arhattobe said:

@Sockrattes Most enlightened people of all time vs an overconfident psychonaut not in non duality.

Ah no, Leo has a point. I actually get what he's talking about. I've seen it too. There is just one life which is wandering through all stories to put it simply.

But my guess is his interpretation of what he has seen is wrong. For me it sounds like he thinks there is just that and nothing else. But that's not my experience. That's why i'm asking.

10 minutes ago, Shin said:

Nirvana and heaven are not somewhere else.

It's right now.

It's only identification to the body/mind that makes it looks like it's not the case.

? Nondualism ?

According to the Buddha this "oneness" Leo spoke about in this thread, is called Samsara and it is literally endless suffering (dukkha). And Nirvana is breaking out of this cycle.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Four_Noble_Truths

Edited by Sockrattes