tentacion

Is there an afterlife for the ego?

55 posts in this topic

I have heard Leo say that there is no afterlife, that this is the afterlife. Martin ball has said the same thing, that there is no afterlife, that there will be an end to Martin. Will we remember that we died, will we remember ourselves in whatever way we were the moment right before our death? Can the ego aka sense of self survive beyond death? Will I remember? I wonder.

3 hours ago, tentacion said:

Will I remember?

Do you remember the time before you were born?

Please do not pay attention to my empty words if you are following Leo's teaching !!
Sometimes my empty words may appear too negative, too rational, too irrational, egoistical or even like trolling because my path is a non-path and is nothing but deviation and incompatible with all teachings known.

@tentacion

The answer is yes, it is possible.

From what's evident through Near "Death" Experiences... What happens next is usually what the ego's belief is.

A Christian having a near death experience goes to a heaven/hell as described per his faith.

Same as a Muslim, same as a Hindu, a Jew and so on...

The point to note is that what they call ego death is not actually death, but it IS a death in this world. Their ego self usually continues on into the heaven and hell and they have a sense of self still.

Many report having gone there, knowing they died (based on whatever way they "almost died" on earth [almost because of course they didn't die as we know they came back and are telling the NDE] )

So to them, they have actually died.

Many say they thought about family or something and unfinished business etc and were given the option to return to Earth etc.

Also, many people who arent ready to die, like in a car crash leading to a near death experience, they end up describing the journey to heven and then back.

True ego death would be where the identity truly dies, a much more deeper level death which kills the sense of self altogether and when that happens, you are still seen to exist as the ONE ABSOLUTE

Love Is The Answer
www.instagram.com/ev3rSunny

Also this means that if one is peaceful with the circumstances of their death and accepts the death (dieing peacefully in sleep at old age) for example then she/he, if persons of religion, likely will go to their religion's version of heaven and hell...

So yeah, the heaven with 72 virgins is also an afterlife gift for some egos out there who went and lived a good life with that faith :)

Oh, and eternal lives of course! They maybe identified with whatever version of body/mind exists in heaven for them and live it as the ego.

Hopefully in heaven they get Non-duality special talks from asended masters

Of course the higher self is there all along knowing the whole thing

Love Is The Answer

I once experienced death. Both physically and conceptually.

I cannot prove... But I am almost sure I actually died and this is "the afterlife".

If I tried to explan the feels of it... it's like I stopped existing in one reality and continued to exist in another version of it. Where I'm still alive.

Ever seen the movie "the discovery"?

It made me connect a few dots. 

May paint you a picture as well.

@ivankiss haven't seen that movie but i know exactly what you're talking about

I had a deep weird high on some synthetic weed and that's the conclusion i drew too.

Again, its all part of the illusion with the infinite stories we can create. 

But yes, other than that, the deeper thing to recognize is that you are traveling to a different Reality each passing "moment"

You are "born" each moment technically

Love Is The Answer

@SoonHei You speak the true-true.

With every passing moment an I dies; an I is born.

However, experiencing physical death is, to me, far more intense and scary than just ego death. I would not say they are the same.

I heard my own heart stop beating. 

It was the real deal. Also weirdly familiar.

How am I still alive? I have no idea.

Maybe this "death" was just a part of my journey :)

Those who know for sure don’t come back to tell us.

Edited by Joseph Maynor

How do you know youre not in the afterlife now? What if you lived before and you dont know? Maybe this is hell? Maybe this is heaven? 

Dont look at me! Look inside!

How does the concept of afterlife even make sense?  Nobody knows what happens when we die.  It’s like asking a fish what life is like on land.  How could the fish know?  Of course the fish could guess, but that’s not knowing.  

Edited by Joseph Maynor

@Joseph Maynor Maybe the fish was once spat out by the wild ocean onto land.

Maybe the fish spent some time there, until finaly flapping it's way back into the ocean :D

30 minutes ago, ivankiss said:

@Joseph Maynor Maybe the fish was once spat out by the wild ocean onto land.

Maybe the fish spent some time there, until finaly flapping it's way back into the ocean :D

Could be but could also not be.  I’m a fan of creativity, but I don’t go overboard with it.  We humans make up a lot of sh*t with our language.  Ever see the fiction section in a large bookstore?  That’s all us.  The storytelling animal.  Ditto for movies.  We don’t know what happens when we die, and I think a lot of people can’t handle that so they make up stories to deal with that unknown.  I’m cool with accepting the unknown.  I’ll find out when I die assuming there is something beyond death and I’m happy to wait for that at that time.   Death is freaky as f*ck just because we don’t know and we can’t stand that we don’t know, so we bullsh*t ourselves to try to get rid of this anxiety.  But at the end of the day our human bullsh*t only goes as far as we are.  And we’re all on the life side of death.  It’s part of the human condition that we don’t know fully what happens when we die.   

Edited by Joseph Maynor

we're the afterlife of the past, which dies every instant. it always feels like 'i am here now', though.

unborn Truth

@Joseph Maynor I see what you mean.

But.

You can tell a story and still see it for what it is... A story :)

That is my passion. I am a storyteller. On purpose, deliberately.

I erase all boundaries of possible or not possible and just keep creating the story.

Maybe I am to be a dreamer forever. Maybe that will change.

I only care about a few things really...

Creation. Expression. Love.

Death might be a part of the story or the end of it.

8 minutes ago, BjarkeT said:

pretty sure no you got only 1 life and that's it

Well, we don’t really know what happens to consciousness after our body dies.  That’s the gazillion dollar question.  That’s what puts religion in business, speculating about that.  But at the end of the day I feel like nobody knows.  It’s one of our mysteries.  We’re not gonna know until it happens to us.  And unlike a lot of people, I’m cool to wait to find out.  I don’t seek that answer because I’m pretty sure it’s gonna be the wrong answer.  It’s gonna be some made up answer.  I don’t waste my time.  I’ll find out myself when the time comes for me.

Edited by Joseph Maynor

8 minutes ago, BjarkeT said:

pretty sure no you got only 1 life and that's it

Can you imagine not being?

13 minutes ago, ivankiss said:

@Joseph Maynor I see what you mean.

But.

You can tell a story and still see it for what it is... A story :)

That is my passion. I am a storyteller. On purpose, deliberately.

I erase all boundaries of possible or not possible and just keep creating the story.

Maybe I am to be a dreamer forever. Maybe that will change.

I only care about a few things really...

Creation. Expression. Love.

Death might be a part of the story or the end of it.

I'm pretty sure, death doesn't exist.

As far as i can tell you're consciousness is transitioned to a different version of yourself whenever something happens which is "too much" for you.

This is an ongoing process until "they" can be sure you really exist and until you can be sure you got what is going on here.

That's how they make us and raise us to be independent.

2 minutes ago, BjarkeT said:

@Rilles yes very easy just nothingness 

But who is aware of that nothingness?