clouffy

Depressed by my perfect IQ score

52 posts in this topic

IQ predicts how strongly you want to remain in consensus with the laws of values, Plato knew that labels have existence beyond the realm of language, Ego or I or one or four or seven, as Sifu Lee said, "It's like a finger pointing away to the moon. Do not concentrate on the finger or you will miss all of the heavenly glory", of course he prefaced that by "Don't think, feel.", unless your autistic that's really not going to help. Thinking prison ;)

1 hour ago, ajasatya said:

ramana-saintly.250.jpg

no harm is intended.

Is it a coincidence that your beard looks like that of the old man in the picture? He looks like your father.

Edited by CreamCat

@clouffy so? You think your current IQ has anything to do with your success? 

When it  comes down to it, you can make a solid case for being either dumb or smart and capable. And at the end of the day, those are just labels. You cannot grow past the labels you put on yourself. 

"The greatest illusion of all is the illusion of separation." - Guru Pathik

Sent from my iEgo

@TheAvatarState haha scoring 100 can mean i can choose both ways: either be smart or be dumb, or identify with neither. lollll

@clouffy can you see how a person scoring 150 could also say the same things? It's all about perspective, the number itself is meaningless. 

"The greatest illusion of all is the illusion of separation." - Guru Pathik

Sent from my iEgo

Breathe, you will surpass the 300. 

... 7 rabbits will live forever.                                                                                                                                                                                                  

On 12/30/2018 at 3:02 AM, Sockrattes said:

To go beyond thoughts and explore my true nature i first have to believe that it is worth exploring. So i have to believe you blindly initially. How can i be sure this is no trap?

If this is the kind of attitude you have, then why are you even on this forum, dude?

If you're not willing to be experiential and go where your curiosity leads you without trying to convince yourself out of it at every turn, you'll just run yourself in circles. You can sit there and compare people and decide which one is "worthy" of listening to or not, but going by what other people say is ultimately futile. Whether it's someone on this forum, or Jordan Peterson, or the Buddha, or whoever.

You have to experience things for yourself. So experience them by exploring who you truly are. And if you then ask, "How do I know that it's worth it to experience things for myself? What if sitting here and intellectualizing about it in circles is more worth it?" then you've just put yourself into a catch-22. You have guaranteed that you will never find out. How convenient that this limiting belief allows your ego to keep you in your current state without any risk of change.

You can't know if something is worth it unless you experience it. No one can tell you. Does this mean that you will risk falling into "traps"? Yes. Traps are everywhere. Actually, it's not a risk, you will fall into traps, because everything is a trap. But that's life. You're already in a trap as we speak. Get used to it. The bigger issue is this: What is the shape of the trap? Can you see it? Do you see the walls of the trap?

You already believe things on blind faith. There is no escaping that. The question is, are those beliefs useful or not? Do they help you grow as a person? Are they beliefs that may one day help you transcend the need to have beliefs altogether? Or do they give you the perfect excuse to over-analyze everything so that you never actually have to change who you are?

Edited by eleveneleven

I use to struggle with this alot. I got depressed over this because I thought my IQ was low. Although I never knew my IQ (which I think is the best decision I made on it). I didn't want to put any limits or ideas on myself, whether my IQ was high or low. So I dropped the worry, and then my intelligence subjectively skyrocketed. Didn't you say that as soon as you found out your IQ, your brain performance went down and got fuzzy?

Since you took the leap and took the reductionistic test (if that's even a word) I can only encourage that with time and more awareness over your beliefs about yourself you will be free of this anxiety.                                        @Eric Tarpall

Edited by Sagatarius

I agree with @Sagatarius . We would all do well to stop taking meaningless tests to measure ourselves against. Embrace your current stage of life, work towards the next stage, and don't get distracted by arbitrary quizzes, tests, and evaluations.

It can be tempting to test and measure ourselves, but ultimately what you're seeking is assurance and validation (ego).

@katykat @Krisena

8 hours ago, Sagatarius said:

So I dropped the worry, and then my intelligence subjectively skyrocketed. Didn't you say that as soon as you found out your IQ, your brain performance went down and got fuzzy?        @Eric Tarpall

Right! It's just endless rumination now...and i don't know how to get out of this rut 

7 hours ago, katykat said:

but ultimately what you're seeking is assurance and validation (ego).

Thanks for pointing me to the core issue here!