Charlotte

Meditation

33 posts in this topic

Has any of you guys meditated and afterwards you don't remember any of it? Like you don't even remember being sat there until you open your eyes. 

Yeah its called sleeping ;)

Who teaches us whats real and how to laugh at lies? Who decides why we live and what we'll die to defend?Who chain us? And who holds the Key that can set us free? 

It's you.

You have all the weapons you need 

Now fight.

I wasn't asleep. 

I had binural beats on in my ears and I remember continuously hearing them but that's it.

@Charlotte would you say it's similar to waking up from a dream, how you can't grasp the memories, they just flow out of you head? And are these intense, successful Meditation sessions? How long?

"The greatest illusion of all is the illusion of separation." - Guru Pathik

Sent from my iEgo

As long as there was no motive -exclusion/concentration it is ending of time continuity. 

Edited by Jack River

@Jack River 100 milion percent no concentration. Concentration is hard work for me. 

@TheAvatarState yes! Just wandered round the front room scratching my head saying "eh?!"

Around 35/45 minutes long. 

Just now, Charlotte said:

100 milion percent no concentration. Concentration is hard work for me. 

Excellent!! 

I know this that your speak of. A non state(no time). Could be a moment of headelesnes dude?

@Jack River yes my eyes are closed.

Yes the headlesness. I think this also happens when I look at particular objects but no where near for that amount of time. Usually for a split second or so. 

Wow. I have no words ?

@Charlotte Was there any awareness present? Sometimes when my self dissolves, there is no concept of time and no “experiencer”, just experience. When the self “returns” it seems like absent time because “he” wasn’t there.

@Charlotte what might have happened is that you replicated a theta brain wave state, which is the same as when you sleep. This is fairly well known effect of some meditation techniques. When you're in this state, even though you're completely conscious, memories don't "stick" just like if you were in a dream. I've personally experienced this before, and it can be quite relaxing ?❤️ 

"The greatest illusion of all is the illusion of separation." - Guru Pathik

Sent from my iEgo

@Serotoninluv Yes there was awareness but not of the body or the bed I was sat on etc I know exactly what your referring to when you speak of zoning out. It wasn't that, I've done that many times ?

@TheAvatarState Aaaaaaaaaaah! Interesting. Although I have fell asleep before in the past or even started to fall asleep and what usually happens is my back start's to fold in and my head falls forward. I was completely upright, heart over pelvis, head over heart (on opening my eyes). Interesting though!

@Charlotte

35 minutes ago, Charlotte said:

Has any of you guys meditated and afterwards you don't remember any of it? Like you don't even remember being sat there until you open your eyes. 

Ive had this before when my mind is completely and utterly absorbed in a long thought story. 20-30 mins of my session will fly by and I'll forget I'm even meditating. 

Edited by lmfao

Hark ye yet again — the little lower layer. All visible objects, man, are but as pasteboard masks. But in each event — in the living act, the undoubted deed — there, some unknown but still reasoning thing puts forth the mouldings of its features from behind the unreasoning mask. If man will strike, strike through the mask! How can the prisoner reach outside except by thrusting through the wall? To me, the white whale is that wall, shoved near to me. Sometimes I think there's naught beyond. But 'tis enough.

@lmfao I know what you mean dude, I've done that myself when the monkey mind is on form. I will actually be ultra aware of the long thought story though and remember it so I don't think that was it. 

37 minutes ago, Charlotte said:

Yes. This is an update of the ego, a dissolution and a rebirth. Go with it, don't try to remember, it will come back later of what happened. 

... 7 rabbits will live forever.                                                                                                                                                                                                  

8 minutes ago, Charlotte said:

@Serotoninluv Yes there was awareness but not of the body or the bed I was sat on etc I know exactly what your referring to when you speak of zoning out. It wasn't that, I've done that many times ?

Sometimes I play Tibetan singing bowls and just drift away. Usually consciousness drifts in and out of “me”. I’ve never gone 35-40 in a no-self state though.

Do you think binural beats were helpful in inducing that state? Is it a mind state you would like to return to?

@Charlotte Congrats!

... 7 rabbits will live forever.