Sempiternity

5-Meo Trip Report - First time - Falilure.

17 posts in this topic

It took me about 6-8 months to finally get some 5-Meo, after learning about it here from Leo. So it's been a long wait. I studied everything I could to prepare myself. I rented a cabin on a lake up in the mountains, way away from any people. I had 4 days. The plan was to do 10-12mg the first day, 15-18mg the second day, and 20-25 the third day, with one day for integration. I watched Leo's plugging video. I read multiple articles on plugging. Told this is the best ROA. Here's how my first 5-Meo experience  went:

Day 1: Spent the day preparing. Scared to actually do it. Finally get the nerve and prepared 10 mg. Administer dose and lie down and prepare. After about 15 minutes nothing really happening. Another 15 minutes still feeling nothing. After a half hour, I get up and walk around cuz I'm bored lying down. I figure that dose didn't work and decide to do another dose. I prepare another 10 mg. Scared that I might be doing 20 mg and it might be too much for a first time. Administer the dose and lie down. After about 15 minutes I feel a slight something. But that soon dissipates. I start to relax. After about 15 more minutes nothing's happening. I'm still relaxing letting what happen happen. I end up falling asleep. I wake up about an hour later and go fix something to eat. 20 mg and it did nothing. Disappointed and at the same time relieved it wasn't a horrible trip for my first time. Scale of 0 - 10 on intensity, I'd give this a one. 

Day 2. Measured out 22mg. Thought maybe I would lose some in the delivery method. Wanted to make sure to get a healthy dose this time. After 20 minutes, feel nothing. On a scale of 0 to 10 I'd call it a one. Not sure what's going on. Either I'm immune to 5-Meo, the stuff I got is bunk, or somehow I'm screwing up the delivery method. Even if im doing the plugging wrong, I should feel at least something on 22 mg. 

Day 3: Since the first two days of administrating by plugging had failed, I decided to not go that route today, and do snorting instead. I've never snorted anything before. Measured out 12 mg. thought I'd go smallish to start with. After snorting, i stay sitting so the drip doesn't go down my throat. I feel nothing, up until about 10 minutes. Then start to feel something, I lay down. There's no panic, no fast heart-rate. Just feeling really relaxed. It was like taking a good muscle-relaxer. On a scale of 0 to 10 on intensity, I'd give it a 2-3. Thinking maybe I am immune to 5-Meo. After about an hour sitting there feeling relaxed, i fell asleep for an hour. 5-Meo is definitely acting like a tranquilizer. I decide to do another 12mg. I feel nothing, walking around, up until about 15-20 minutes in. I lay down and relax. Definitely feeling something. Stronger than before, but just super relaxed. This time, on a scale of 0 to 10 in intensity, I give this a 4. Will see what a higher dose dose tomorrow. 

Day 4: Measured out 20-22mg. Feeling nervious. Finally get up the nerve to snort it. 20 minutes in it starts to hit me, so I lay down. Instantly feel nauseous, and throw up. It's hitting me hard. The panic sets in. I begin to pace back and forth around the cabin. Instinctually fighting it. I decide to try again laying down and surrendering. I get nauseous again and throw up more. I get up up and pace again. After about an hour, it has disapated. Scale of 0 - 10, I'd give this a 6. Total fail.

That was my 4 day 5-Meo solo retreat. Quite unsuccessful. No insights, no non-duality, no infinity, no god. In hindsight I was actually woefully unprepared for this. But, at least it's a starting point, and I know what to expect for the next try. 

Does anyone have any experienced insights on why the plugging didn't work, or why I seemed immune up until the 22mg hit? @Leo Gura

Edited by Jed Vassallo

@Jed Vassallo Days 1 and 3 is unsurprising. It was a baby size starting dose and the redose was likely within the tolerance window. Day 4 sounds right on. Hard to say what happened on day 2 - tolerance should have reset.

@Jed Vassallo You sure you got pure 5-meo? Did you test it with a testkit?

"The greatest illusion of all is the illusion of separation." - Guru Pathik

Sent from my iEgo

5 minutes ago, TheAvatarState said:

@Jed Vassallo You sure you got pure 5-meo? Did you test it with a testkit?

Forgot to mention I did get it from one of the more trusted and reputable research companies. I asked about purity, and they said it tested at 99% purity. But, no I did not test it personally with a kit. 

Yeah, I don't know what to tell you. You took enough to be at a 10, no fucking doubt. I would try to obtain it from a different source and buy a testkit. I'm sorry you had such a bad experience, but it happens. Don't be too discouraged.

Also, do you have experience with other psychedelics?

"The greatest illusion of all is the illusion of separation." - Guru Pathik

Sent from my iEgo

@Jed Vassallo It just sounds like you have a moderate immunity but other than that it seems to have finally worked. You will just require an above average dose.

Throwing up is solved by taking it on a completely empty stomach.

If snorting and plugging don't do it for ya, then smoking certainly should. But you'll have to learn how to properly vaporize it and lower your doses a lot.

You have to experiment to find what your mild, medium, high, and breakthrough dosages are. 4 trials is really not enough in your case.

It would help a lot if you had done other psychedelics and knew your overall tolerance level to stuff like LSD and mushrooms.

You are God. You are Truth. You are Love. You are Infinity.

@TheAvatarState. Yes, I have a long history of experience with psychedelics. Mushrooms, LSD, Ayauasca, ect. Just new to 5-meo.

@Leo Gura I thought about smoking. Might be better for me. Though, I'd have to get the freebase version, and that means another couple months of arranging all the complexities of actually acquiring the product. But worth it of course. 

I have decades of history with psychedelics. What's interesting is I usually have a unusually low tolerance for about everything. One beer and I'm drunk off my ass. One toke of weed and I'm super high. Half a hit of acid and I'm flying. So very curious that I would have a high tolerance only to 5-Meo. 

@Jed Vassallo A) In that case, I would try some more snorting and plugging. Your technique or dosage may just be off.

B) HCl can be smoked too.

C) HCl can be converted to freebase pretty easily from what folks say.

5-MeO-DMT is not a substance you want to give up on easily. Find a way to make it work. It will be worth it.

@Leo Gura Thanks for the info. Good to know. And I'm most definitely not giving up. No way. I'll keep trying everything I can till I have the breakthrough. Once you know what's possible, there's nowhere to go but through. Nothing else matters. 

For me plugging 5-MeO barely work at all, but snorting works very well. To avoid a throat drip you can put your head facing nose down for about 15 minutes after snorting it. You may not be able to avoid all nausea but empty stomach will definitely help. For me 15mg snorting is a baby dose, 20 - something interesting starts to happen, 25+ very strong, much stronger than 20. If you have an accurate scale I would recommend trying something like 22, 25, 28....

"Buddhism is for losers and those who will die one day."

-- Kenneth Folk

@Jed Vassallo I think you have a high tolerance like I do.

Don't worry about not getting results from your first retreat. I had 4/5 trips and wasted quite a bit of substance until I got better with it.

On day 4, you actually came close to your real dose. The experience you've described is exactly what I feel before every peek. I have a strong body load, throwing up, primal fear - fight/flight instinct, shivering, anxiety etc. There isn't really a way around it, you just have to push through. When those sensations settle down, you are rewarded with the deepest experience of your life. 

Plugging should work for you too, not unless your bowels made out of steel.:D  I think you didn't felt any effect because your doses were too small.

Try 30mg with snorting, and watch your response. If you have similar experiences to day 4, you need more substance. Past 30mg, I recommend you switch back to plugging. To me, it seems like higher doses have more difficult to absorb in the nose, but I might be wrong. After 30mg snorted, go back to plugging and do 35, 40, 45 and so on. If you really feel no substantial difference between 30 and 35, go with 10mg increments. Each individual brain reacts differently to the substance, sometimes your relationship with the substance might be outside of the norm.

You will definitely know when you have a breakthrough. The negative sensations will overwhelm you, as they always do before the peak. Then suddenly your brain will say "fuck it, I'm out, whatever happens, happens". You fall down and surrender completely. What happens next can not and should not be described.

Wish you all the best! 

Edited by Arthur

"Beyond fear, destiny awaits" - Dune

Mate...my tolerance for shit is usually really high. I'm Gona try taking 1 small dosage of 5meo and if it does fuck all I'm Gona jump straight to a medium-high dose. Use your first experiences as bearings for how you should proceed 

Depends on the openess of the individual. I can recommend that you try with Melatonin + Haritaki + Breath work. The melatonin will switch to DMT with increased oxygen in the system and you will be able to control this a more natural way. 

Best of luck

... 7 rabbits will live forever.                                                                                                                                                                                                  

17 minutes ago, DrMobius said:

@Jed Vassallo Did you experience a burning sensation when you snorted it? Also, did it have a powerful flowery aroma? I like to rely on these two characteristics to know if I have real 5-MeO.

Snorting and plugging are relatively hazardous routes of administration. A lot of the product can end up unabsorbed. I'd simply suggest to increase your dose. Try 30 mg, or even higher if that doesn't do it. My breakthrough happened at 40 mg and it was nothing like what happened in the 15-25 mg range.

Yes on the burning, but definitely no on the floral smell. Had no smell at all. 

I'll be upping my dose as high as it takes to have a breakthrough, next attempt. Just have to find another situation where I'm totally secluded. Ideally, on a long hike in the wilderness, but I'd have to wait a few months for that. 

@Jed Vassallo A 5-MeO trip only takes 60 mins. Making a lot more practical than LSD or others. You don't need to be in a retreat setting. Just a comfortable undisturbed setting for 60 mins.

@Leo Gura  I'm just going off what people have said of yelling, screaming, or yelling 'oh my god!' When on 5-meo. The stories of coming back aware to cops and medics, because someone called 911 at the person screaming next door. Not what I want to come back to. So thought better safe than sorry, and be as secluded as possible, at least for my first breakthrough. But, maybe most likely this is ego making excuses to avoid it's death.