Black Elephant

Teleportation vs Enlightement

12 posts in this topic

The issue is this - if someone would offer you to be owner of Supernatural powers or be Enlightened, what would you chose?

If I look at Osho or Eckhart, I can see that they are great spiritual sages and teachers, but flying or teleportation is more tempting than being smiling old man, that is aware all the time. And from what I know, none of the "englightened beings" of today knows how to fly or teleport, even though those in past reportedly could. (Sorry if I insulted someone, only to make a point.)

I am well aware, that this desire to have kind of power over the material world is mainly from the "ego", what I want trully is the deepest peace - I just am not there yet and I have no idea how to get there, If I try to get to the root of this desire, it leads to feeling exceptional, safe and secure - powerful. But I can't translate to reason, how would being aware all the time help me be powerful and safe, even though I tried to do so countless times.

Sometimes I can feel the underlying peace , but I still take it as a "biproduct" of my spiritual practice, which main goal is still developing "something more than peace".

Any feedback appreciated, thank you! Anyone else suffering from similar issue or am I alone?

5 minutes ago, Black Elephant said:

how would being aware all the time help me be powerful and safe

not being aware will make you powerful and safe. Letting go of your Ego will do.

How do you know these enlightened beings don't have some powers?

12 minutes ago, Black Elephant said:

And from what I know, none of the "englightened beings" of today knows how to fly or teleport, even though those in past reportedly could.

why should it be different today?

Enlightenment anytime. Immortality? Knowing the secret truth of reality? Peace of mind? Bliss beyond the egos wildest dreams?

Teleportation?! Pffftttt

Dont look at me! Look inside!

55 minutes ago, Black Elephant said:

how would being aware all the time help me be powerful and safe

This might even sound scary, but what if you could become aware enough to discover how being powerful and safe are created. Having the awareness to see what they are very clearly and then being also able to see how to go about making those things happen for you.

With superpowers in real life, you generally aren't just randomly given a skill. You have to at least to a degree how it works to possess it. This is how awareness can lead you there.

So would you like the awareness for making your life amazing and having even some fancy tricks compared to having one really fancy trick and remaining ignorant and suffering every second

Edited by YaNanNallari

50 minutes ago, Bluff said:

Letting go of your Ego will do.

Thank you, I know all you say in theory. But I can't figure out how to integrate this theory into me, since the one integrating would be the one I have to let go.

13 minutes ago, YaNanNallari said:

awareness for making your life amazing and having even some fancy tricks

Thank you, I get what you saying, but wouldn't having a skill while being 10% aware be more exciting from the perspective of your ego?

That's what kinda scares me about enlightement. Once I'd be enlightened, wouldn't all those fancy tricks be just redundant as everything?
If I feel that everything is the way it should be, it there even any room to pursue those "fancy things"?

Like discovering that the game of chess that I've been entertained so long with is pointless, because all the figures are the same color as well as the playing board? Having those powers wouldn't be fun anymore. Also, I still don't know how to let go of my ego not to desire this.

If you could teleport. You’d just be a fucked up unhappy guy with massive issues and delusions who can teleport. You’ll still be miserable. The fact that you think powers will be that dope, means u haven’t see that this world is not where u find happiness. 

11 hours ago, Black Elephant said:

But I can't figure out how to integrate this theory into me, since the one integrating would be the one I have to let go.

by integrating the practice, not the theory. you'll see the beauty

the only super power i would want is to go through things no mater what obstacle like david goggins can. Not interested in enlightenment at all. No such thing as everlasting happiness or magic solutions. 

Edited by BjarkeT

No you are right to follow your excitment, flying and superpowers is exciting, there is an aspect of truth in that, there's truth in the story of superman, ironman or son goku and so forth

There might be some ego, but excitement is always rooted in truth

I get super excited at the thought of living in a world with pokemon

Stellars interact with Terrans from ÓB (Earth’s Low Orbit).!

18 hours ago, Black Elephant said:

That's what kinda scares me about enlightement. Once I'd be enlightened, wouldn't all those fancy tricks be just redundant as everything?

What the ego wants to do is hold on to the fear. So "you" are afraid of giving up the fear, as is completely normal. Ego says "Oh I am so afraid" yet hods onto fear, as it is the mechanism for its survival.

Now I'd think that when you become enlightened, you will have deeper meaning come behind you. You don't know what this feels like, because you haven't experienced it. This does not necessarily make "you" feel more safe, but if indeed it might be an illusory self, at some point it might turn out to not be an issue at all. You don't have to keep using the same kind of thinking after moving higher up

Overall, you don't have to go at this as a "I need to get rid of all fears right now". Taking it a bit slower will bring you more peace

If I feel that everything is the way it should be, it there even any room to pursue those "fancy things"?

You still have a bit of ego, a bit of ignorance and all that. You still have a desire for bettering yourself and others, even if it comes from a different source approach.

I hope I'm not giving too many ideas of how what enlightenment is, but see what I say as clues for seeing that you don't really know what's gonna come.

Also, I still don't know how to let go of my ego not to desire this.

You don't have to know it all. You can try things and see how they turn out. A lot of spiritual learning is done when you're halfway there. You don't know what will happen beforehand, you just have clues that it's a good idea and then you find out how it goes when you're already there.

there's actually a way bigger "safety" to infinity than to psychic powers. so it's a non-issue ^_^

the Absolute is far, far more secure (from your current perspective at least) than any psychic power

Edited by Bobby