Alfox

Is love the same as consciousness?

90 posts in this topic

@Mikael89 Your ignorance is getting obnoxious.

You are God. You are Truth. You are Love. You are Infinity.

57 minutes ago, Leo Gura said:

@Mikael89 Your ignorance is getting obnoxious.

Why? What is he missing in his perspective? (I'm just curious, I only had a few enlightenment glimpses)

@Mikael89 You speak of common sense which is a little problematic to begin with (little reminder: we are talking about non duality here, remember what that means? Ever read the book of not knowing?) and you judge all the things being said here that say something you don't agree with. That is highly ignorant.

If you would even dare to go further, you would see this for yourself. Don't you see that we try to guide you away from thought and into experience? Nobody except you cares for being right. That's not what this forum is here for. And seeing so many people here lovingly helping each other out, is another proof in a manifested form that expanded consciousness leads to greater love. If you had the experience you would even see it is the same thing.

I don't want to proof you wrong. Seeing your stubbornness for months now makes me think it's not even possible, not with words. Start doing the practices, especially shadow work. Go back to Leo's video about radical openmindedness, you seem not to have grasped that experientally yet at all.

And again, this is no argument. Please see the difference. This is a last attempt to guide you where you need to be and this forum seems to hold you back. I'm just observing, maybe I'm wrong. 

No matter if you even see the truth of it or not, I love you man. I love you deeply from my heart. May you be blessed with all the love and joy you deserve and with the insights to see that this is who you are. Namaste :)

19 hours ago, Mikael89 said:

So tell me: if for example you and your family would get tortured to death by ISIS. First torture and then slowly getting beheaded with a big knife. Would there be love of what is happening? Or would there be Consciousness of what is happening?

Bare in mind that that and more stuff is actually happening in the world right now. ISIS exists and does such things.

yes mikael and we are watching, we are watching how they leave love die. we will maybe watch yet another genocide on the kurds. but does it change love? does it change anything to cry like a baby how bad  and ignorant the world is? 

Edited by now is forever

I'll share my interpretation of love = consciousness.

Of course, I don't equate awareness to love that is commonly experienced by humans. To me, this statement refers to an existential love. It is really something of an experience, rather than a thing that you can get conceptually.

I didn't get it for a long time after Leo's "What Is Love" episode. But now, I think I got a few glimpses. 

Actually, it is something we all experience. It is a type of transpersonal love. A love for existence itself. You can get in touch with that in moments of deep connection with reality. Maybe it's a loving memory you have of your childhood or a beautiful place that you remember. Regardless of the content, there is always something that you deeply love. Is it really love for a place, memory or a person? Not really, it's a love of the existence of that place, memory or person. From the big picture, it's a love of existence itself. And our existence is consciousness because there is no other way we perceive reality.

Really it's a love for reality as it is. And even, as you mentioned before, ISIS comes and beheads you. You say - "my life was still worth it". 

Imagine non-existence as a deep infinite void with nothing in it. A dark place with no you, no colors, no thoughts, no sensations, no anything. And compare that to the existence we have as conscious beings. Of course, all the bad stuff is here too, including death, but from the point of view of consciousness, it's all fair game. Love is the existence of all that.

"Beyond fear, destiny awaits" - Dune

On 12/26/2018 at 0:50 PM, Mikael89 said:

Life is a struggle for everyone, whether you are aware of it or not.

You’re believing your thoughts about what other people experience. You’re saying “wether you are aware of it or not” because you think it would be “the other” who is fooling himself, or unaware of their own suffering. That’s not possible for you to know, you just think it is, which means you are fooling yourself by projecting it. Consider your own implication - what exactly would it even be like, experiencing suffering which you have no awareness of?  It’s a silly notion. Your belief in struggle perpetuates the perception and experience of reality as struggle. Heed the wisdom in “Be the change you wish to see in the world”. Get out of that old box. Open your mind. Definitely give this a watch....

https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=LGpYE-FZRhA

"Life is suffering."   - Buddha

Buddhism is not a condemnation of the experience of life, nor is it a cult or religion. The Buddha did not claim to be able to save you from continuing to suffer, with faith in him, nor with attachment to any dogma or belief. Buddhism is a most masterful pointer, to how to save yourself from suffering, by realizing the attachments to dogma & beliefs that you already have. 

The Four Noble Truths are:
1)There is suffering
2)The cause of suffering is attachment
3)There is a way out of suffering
4)The way out is the noble eightfold path.

(https://www.patheos.com/blogs/bodhisattvaroad/2016/04/the-buddha-and-the-truth-about-suffering/)

It would seem that your current knowledge of your quote is roughly 25%. By realizing the remaining 75%, you’ll realize how wrong you are on this...

Just because very very few enlightened individuals feel love, bliss, joy and all that lovely stuff doesn't mean that Consciousness/Absolute/God, etc. is love.

To begin that full circle, you’ll need to understand this... 

https://www.simplypsychology.org/defense-mechanisms.html

and then use that understanding to recognize these mechanisms in your own psychology. Then you’ll likely have to go through some pretty horrific suffering. But then,  “your cup will be empty”, making it possible to even begin to realize the highly counter logical truth of Being without the veils of maya. Then you’d have seen both sides of the paradox of suffering. (In going into it, we experience & understand it, and therefore transcend it. )

Then, you could begin the work, of this...

The Way Out of Suffering; The Eightfold Path:

Right Understanding: Understanding how the world works and our place in it.                                                                                                                             Right Thought: Cultivating our ability to control our minds. To think about things we want to and stop thinking about things we don’t want to. (Ox).
Right Speech: Use only kind words and don’t tell lies.
Right Action: Be kind to others. Don’t harm people and animals.
Right Livelihood: Work on learning how to do things that help the world instead of things that cause harm.
Right Effort: Always try your best, with intention of compassion.
Right Mindfulness: Pay attention to the world around you. 
Right Concentration: Learn how to meditate and put it into practice (of life).

(While your suffering arises over and over again)

Then the actual work begins...

MEDITATIONS TOOLS  ActualityOfBeing.com  GUIDANCE SESSIONS

NONDUALITY LOA  My Youtube Channel  THE TRUE NATURE

@Mikael89 Stop trying to defend your notions and go do the work to figure out what love is. You won't know what others is talking about until you have direct experience. Transcend rationality. 

@Mikael89 then change everything!

because nothing is hopeless, everything just is. you don’t get it right yet. everything is an illusion until you realize what nothing and everything really means. but therefore yo must understand that what you think is everything might be an illusion it might be nothing instead if it is hopeless. whatever it is, you didn’t understand everything yet.

Edited by now is forever

7 hours ago, Mikael89 said:

@Nahm Thanks for that reply.

I do want to get out of all boxes, and I do want to open my mind.

But everything is just hopeless.

Nah. Everything is everything.

Hopeless is just one perspective. 

Right Thought: Cultivating our ability to control our minds. To think about things we want to and stop thinking about things we don’t want to.

MEDITATIONS TOOLS  ActualityOfBeing.com  GUIDANCE SESSIONS

NONDUALITY LOA  My Youtube Channel  THE TRUE NATURE

11 hours ago, Mikael89 said:

But everything is just hopeless.

:(

“You don’t have problems; you are the problem.”

– Swami Chinmayananda

Namaste ? ?